← For the Love of Christ

For the Love of Christ - Comments

Inferno's Avatar Comment 1 by Inferno

"If you sin, you better have the courage to bash Jesus' face in!"

Hmmm, coming soon to Fox?

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:09:00 UTC | #97004

TylerJames's Avatar Comment 2 by TylerJames

Could you imagine the furor of the religious if this were some atheist guy evangelizing with these tactics?

It would be seen as a horrific abuse of children by a coercive, overbearing, and intimidating adult.

But since it's Jesus that he's selling with such force it is tolerated and all the intimidation and coercion are forgotten. After all, this is religion we are talking about, where apparently the ends justify the means.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:19:00 UTC | #97007

Goodwithwood's Avatar Comment 3 by Goodwithwood

WTF? Another freak show abusing children.

"(he claims he was "cured of masturbating" by working out three times a week)."

I was cured of sloth by masturbating 3 times a day.

GWW

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:39:00 UTC | #97012

Bonzai's Avatar Comment 4 by Bonzai

WTF?!!

Edit: Just saw that Goodwithwood beats to my brilliant and well thought out comment.. shit..

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:45:00 UTC | #97014

Socrates's Avatar Comment 5 by Socrates

Justin Fatica is a fatuous, cowardly bigot whose head is emptier than his meaningless Jesus speak.

Instead of kindness and intellectual honesty, he has aggression and gusto. As Voltaire said, "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Fatica is a man who is passionately fighting to brainwash kids so that they can repeat this cycle of absurd belief and atrocious conduct. If he has any sanity or any morality that hasn't been fully deranged, you can't see it from behind his muscles.

"Christian soldiers armed with virtue- hearts afire with blind obsession, cannot see the difference 'twixt compassion and oppression." -Sabbat

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:52:00 UTC | #97015

Plan 9's Avatar Comment 6 by Plan 9

Hey, what a radical idea...use fear and intimidation to press religious beliefs on others...instead of logic or rational argument I guess.

I'd be more impressed if he tried this in a roomful of whacko muslims instead of a roomful of frightened kids.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:52:00 UTC | #97016

dweebs's Avatar Comment 7 by dweebs

I wonder if he's a little frustrated-if you get my drift.

Especially with the whole "cured of masturbating" thing.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:56:00 UTC | #97017

dweebs's Avatar Comment 8 by dweebs

Oh! bugger, goodwithwood, I think I just accidentally trolled you! Sorry, I don't suppose I can undo it?

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:59:00 UTC | #97018

Chrysippus_Maximus's Avatar Comment 9 by Chrysippus_Maximus

I'd either break that guy's confidence in 5 minutes, or he'd just ignore me.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:08:00 UTC | #97021

Bonzai's Avatar Comment 10 by Bonzai

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:09:00 UTC | #97022

BAEOZ's Avatar Comment 11 by BAEOZ

Spinoza, is that a false dichotomy? Isn't it possible he'd open up a can of christian bigotry on you? Or become your best pal? Or disolved into amino acids....????

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:13:00 UTC | #97023

robotaholic's Avatar Comment 12 by robotaholic

snake handlers are more coercive lol

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:16:00 UTC | #97025

Chris Bell's Avatar Comment 13 by Chris Bell

I remember going to an aggressive Sunday school on the invite of some Baptist friends. (The church was having some guy like this speak and they wanted a crowd.) He asked everyone to close their eyes and then invited those of us who didn't have Christ in our life to stand. He promised that no one would look, he just wanted to see the work before him. I stood. He waited a few seconds before yelling, "Everyone look! These are the people we have to save!"

As a 12 year-old in rural Georgia who didn't discuss my unbelief with friends, I was mortified.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:20:00 UTC | #97027

Goodwithwood's Avatar Comment 14 by Goodwithwood

9. Comment #101713 by dweebs on December 20, 2007 at 7:59 pm

Fuck it. Ain't no thing.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:29:00 UTC | #97029

Arcturus's Avatar Comment 15 by Arcturus

Schizoid? mentally deranged?

edit: Definitely not an epicurean.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:29:00 UTC | #97051

quill's Avatar Comment 16 by quill

The case that we atheists need to be making in the courts of public opinion is that it's unethical to allow someone else to be punished for your sins in the first place. Presumably, if you thought someone else was going to be punished for a crime you committed, you, as an ethical person, would not allow it to happen because it would be unjust. You would certainly not accept such an offer. Being an adult means taking responsibility for your own actions, not looking for someone else to accept your punishment for you. Making that argument, I think, takes the wind out of these guilt-tripping appeals of theirs. I think it can be an effective counter-meme against this indoctrination technique.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but it was exactly this kind of emotional browbeating that led me to accept Christ (briefly) as a teenager.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:38:00 UTC | #97053

NormanDoering's Avatar Comment 17 by NormanDoering

He sounds like a dangerous and deadly psycho to me.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:14:00 UTC | #97056

kintaro_crab's Avatar Comment 18 by kintaro_crab

hmmmmmm im seeing a bad trend here. I think this guy might be a ticking time bomb.

Doesn't masturbate, catholic, deals with children....

I'll make a prediction, 10 years down the line the fondling and molestation charges begin to surface.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:18:00 UTC | #97057

Mango's Avatar Comment 19 by Mango

He reminds me of the guys you'd sometime see on TV who, with strength from Jesus, would break handcuffs or tear in half telephone books. Very entertaining stuff.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:28:00 UTC | #97059

Bonzai's Avatar Comment 20 by Bonzai

Popeye?

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:30:00 UTC | #97060

FightingFalcon's Avatar Comment 21 by FightingFalcon

OK, watching that first YouTube video - how is that anything but child abuse? Or at least physical violence?

Can I beat the shit outta people in the name of Atheism? O I forgot....we aren't violent psychos.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:37:00 UTC | #97061

nogodsever's Avatar Comment 22 by nogodsever

Look at that face. That face, my friends, is the face of a great, big douchebag.

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:46:00 UTC | #97062

NormanDoering's Avatar Comment 23 by NormanDoering

kintaro_crab predicted:

My prediction, man slaughter or murder in eight years.

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:06:00 UTC | #97070

Richard Morgan's Avatar Comment 24 by Richard Morgan

Work-outs AND masturbation cured me of frustration! Until I got married - at which point I had to eliminate the work-outs.
I never cease to be amazed at what people will do to get on television. Does he know there are specialised private clubs in Paris where he can get whacked with chairs (or anything else) whenever he wants? Heck, for a dollar and a kiss, even I would whack him with a chair.
When do we get our "Wankers for Jesus" t-shirts?
Give a new meaning to "the laying on of hands?"
(Ha! My spell-check didn't recognise the word "wankers"! Among all the words it suggested was "bankers". I'll go for that!)

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:17:00 UTC | #97072

Guillaume's Avatar Comment 25 by Guillaume

He claims he was "cured of masturbating"

Maybe that's where the problem comes from with this freak...

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:45:00 UTC | #97075

Dog Boots's Avatar Comment 26 by Dog Boots

I would love to see Dr. Dawkins debate this guy.

...(isn't that what we say in this forum? :))

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:18:00 UTC | #97086

Tyler Durden's Avatar Comment 27 by Tyler Durden

At one session, a kid picks up a metal folding chair and whacks Fatica—at his direction—on the back...
So, he's a failed WWF wrestler?

His father claims he's just happy that his son—once a failing high schooler—has found a way to make a living.
I'm sure fathers of drug-dealers and pimps feel exactly the same way!

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:27:00 UTC | #97088

Corylus's Avatar Comment 28 by Corylus

Anyone else suspecting 'roid rage'?

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:36:00 UTC | #97090

irate_atheist's Avatar Comment 29 by irate_atheist

Is this prick the first valid counter-argument to Poe's Law?

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:36:00 UTC | #97092

GodlessHeathen's Avatar Comment 30 by GodlessHeathen

So... proselytizing is a job for losers who can't manage anything else.

Ok, so, not really news, right?

Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:36:00 UTC | #97093