← Huckabee: Guns, God and rock'n'roll

Huckabee: Guns, God and rock'n'roll - Comments

The Truth, the light's Avatar Comment 1 by The Truth, the light

With a gun toting fruit loop like Chuck Norris on your side, how could you loose.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:56:00 UTC | #101786

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 2 by al-rawandi

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep.... he waits.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:07:00 UTC | #101792

eno's Avatar Comment 3 by eno

Chuck Norris. CHUCK NORRIS? Is this an article from The Onion? Oh America. Oh dear.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:07:00 UTC | #101793

alexmzk's Avatar Comment 4 by alexmzk

God and rock'n'roll were invoked by the Republican Mike Huckabee in his final campaign rally in Iowa, with quotes from the Book of Isaiah and calls for tonight's caucus-goers to get on their knees to ask for God's wisdom.

The former governor of Arkansas and Baptist preacher then strapped on a bass guitar to join bad actor with bigoted viewthe Boogie-Woogers in Sweet Home Alabama, Twist and Shout and Blue Suede Shoes.

shit, that sounds awful.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:08:00 UTC | #101795

thirdchimpanzee's Avatar Comment 5 by thirdchimpanzee

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting. That implies the risk of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:09:00 UTC | #101796

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 6 by al-rawandi

Chuck Norris eats a bowl of diamonds for breakfast every morning.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:12:00 UTC | #101799

acrocker's Avatar Comment 7 by acrocker

eno :

It's no joke, check out this ad on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUQW8LUMs8

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:20:00 UTC | #101804

notsobad's Avatar Comment 8 by notsobad

Chuck Norris is a creationist idiot .. so their cooperation makes sense.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:37:00 UTC | #101809

Scott McMeekin's Avatar Comment 9 by Scott McMeekin

"There is no jawbone behind Chuck Norris' beard - only another fist."

Scott.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:38:00 UTC | #101811

seekerofall's Avatar Comment 10 by seekerofall

Mind-boggling...frightening...redneck, and thats the nicest thing i can think of to say....get on your knees Iowans and prepare to give lip service to the biggest con in history...'God' has chosen Mike Huckabee to lead you into the battle of Armageddon.......

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:47:00 UTC | #101815

BigC's Avatar Comment 12 by BigC

When Richard Dawkins ridicules creationism, Chuck Norris cries.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:52:00 UTC | #101817

theantitheist's Avatar Comment 11 by theantitheist

When Chuck Norris was born he immediatly shagged the mid wife. That was the second women he had sex with.

I'm also going for the following, Mary didn't have an emaculate conception, Chuck Norris's sperm is so powerful it managed to impregnate some broad 2000 years before he was even born!!

Hey that's my believes, respect em!

On a more serious side is there anyway we can ignore america if he wins? (yes i know he won't but...) i mean it would be kinda embarrasing hanging round em

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:52:00 UTC | #101816

phatbat's Avatar Comment 13 by phatbat

Chuck Norris doesn't read books, he just stares at them until they give up the information.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:55:00 UTC | #101818

Fedler's Avatar Comment 14 by Fedler

As an Iowan who will be at the caucus tonight (my first one), I can at least assure everyone here I won't be voting for Huckabee.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:57:00 UTC | #101819

seekerofall's Avatar Comment 15 by seekerofall

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:59:00 UTC | #101821

Devolution's Avatar Comment 16 by Devolution

I found this very strange list of Chuck Norris raves on a the Los Angeles Craiglist website. Some are hilarious!

My fav: "Chuck Norris doesn't have hair on his testicles, because hair does not grow on steel."

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:08:00 UTC | #101823

John Yates's Avatar Comment 17 by John Yates

I dunno, a small part of me kind of wants the next American president to be some sort of Christian comedy figure. If someone sensible gets in we'll be losing some great satire on the TV over here in Britain. I don't think I'd be happy with any of them as the next US leader, to be honest.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:14:00 UTC | #101826

Garnok's Avatar Comment 18 by Garnok

Huckabee is part of a battle for a new direction for the post-Bush Republican party.

What new direction would that be: downward or very f#cking downward?

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:32:00 UTC | #101833

Szymanowski's Avatar Comment 19 by Szymanowski

"Let me tell you, I am getting tired of this negative campaigning," the actor said.

Er. Do his supporters not see the irony in this statement?

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:42:00 UTC | #101839

robotaholic's Avatar Comment 20 by robotaholic

I'm telling you people, we could have a preacher for a president- it's truely frightening to me :((

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:49:00 UTC | #101841

robotaholic's Avatar Comment 21 by robotaholic

in 2012 it's gonna be a snake handler

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:57:00 UTC | #101844

sidfaiwu's Avatar Comment 22 by sidfaiwu

Chuck Norris doesn't create conclusions based on evidence. Chuck Norris creates evidence based on conclusions.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:04:00 UTC | #101847

axisaudio's Avatar Comment 23 by axisaudio

Mike Huckabee is an idiot, but Chuck Norris is an even bigger one for supporting his campaign. Great way to insult everyone and bring in the vulgar by pimping your faith and performing a rock concert. Again, faith is not a virtue nor is it adequate criteria to pick a president. It reqires the suspension of reason and the suppresion or flat our ignoring of evidence. If we're electing Presidents on this criteria, we might as well elect them based on stupidity or leave the dolt that we already have in office.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:23:00 UTC | #101855

_J_'s Avatar Comment 24 by _J_

The former governor of Arkansas and Baptist preacher then strapped on a bass guitar to join the Boogie-Woogers in Sweet Home Alabama, Twist and Shout and Blue Suede Shoes.
I hope I still live in a Britain in which a campaigning politician would be savaged for this.

Huckabee, who believes in creationism - that the world was created by God in seven days
And that.

"I am not asking to rule but to serve. You are the ruling class."
Hang on...:

So, God's to make all the decisions and the people are to respond to His wisdom. Just what sort of responsibility does Huckabee see for himself in his presidency? Strumming his gee-tarr and cuddling Chuck Norris?

Ah well. It's all entertainment, I suppose. But if he gets in, I'm moving to Gliese 581c .

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:25:00 UTC | #101858

He'sAVeryNaughtyBoy's Avatar Comment 25 by He'sAVeryNaughtyBoy

Hey theantitheist,
it's worth knowing that the immaculate conception wasn't the conception of Jesus - it was the conception of Mary (according to Catholic dogma). Them fruitcakes reckon we are all born into sin due to two people in a garden thinking that they might like to better themselves and learn some stuff, but the big bad dog turns around and says "no - I want you to remain ignorant and stupid" and so punishes humankind to be forever with sin.

Due to the immaculate conception Mary was without sin, so when god got her knocked up at a party, after he'd given her a few drinks and slipped some rohipnol in there, Jesus too was without sin.

Don't ask me to explain this stupidity, it's not my make believe friend. I can understand why somebody not of the religion might not know the difference between the immaculate conception and the virgin birth, but the funny thing is that most religious people aren't aware of the difference.

Cheers.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:45:00 UTC | #101871

zenmite's Avatar Comment 26 by zenmite

I told my wife a couple of weeks ago; I like Mike Huckabee, and that scares me. It scares me because that may mean he has more of a chance at actually winning the nomination or even the presidency. Unlike Bush, Huckabee can put two sentences together and he has a certain degree of self-depracating charm, even clintonesque in some ways. He appeared on Bill Maher a few weeks ago and seemed to charm that (presumably) hostile audience. Remember, in america, it's all about the charm and confidence...the guy / gal you'd feel comfortable having a beer with, etc. Never mind any substance.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be horrified if Huckabee wins. I disagree with him on nearly everything. But he shouldn't be taken lightly.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:54:00 UTC | #101879

brian thomson's Avatar Comment 27 by brian thomson

"...family, faith and freedom..."

He's got the family, he's got the faith... he's got the freedom to believe what his "good book" tells him to believe. Two out of three is something, I suppose.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:17:00 UTC | #101889

Philster61's Avatar Comment 28 by Philster61

President Huck-a bee.Sort of rolls of your tongue doesnt it.Like Dubya.Another good ole God fearin,War mongerin Boy.(Or was that Whore mongering) LOL.
Roll on election 2008.Anybody wanna bet that another Republican religious nutcase gets in again?

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:50:00 UTC | #101908

theantitheist's Avatar Comment 29 by theantitheist

He'saverynaughtyboy

Sorry, that's just crazy, however due to the even wierder stuff they believe i did check it out with my fundamentalist catholic boss who's studying theology (I know it's not a proper study). If it was Mary who was immaculatly conceived and Jesus was through the whole Joseph not being the daddy thing then it would be incest on a cosmic scale. Though let's face it that's minor when it comes to religious crimes.

Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:54:00 UTC | #101910

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 30 by Cook@Tahiti

Dickhead #1 won, and it was a long way back to Dickhead #2, who has conceded.

God Blessed America.