← In His Name We Pray, Ramen

In His Name We Pray, Ramen - Comments

JLD Calgary's Avatar Comment 1 by JLD Calgary

Ramen brothers, Ramen ;)

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:38:00 UTC | #144071

Geoff's Avatar Comment 2 by Geoff

No mention of Quetzalcoatl? Heresy!

I need a cup of...errr...coffee.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:39:00 UTC | #144072

Partisan's Avatar Comment 3 by Partisan

Brilliant! Now we just need to set-up a propoganda film mentioning how scientists have expelled(™) FSMism from the classroom and ban PZ from the screening.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:45:00 UTC | #144073

SPS's Avatar Comment 4 by SPS

You know, they say Stalin and Hitler were a-spaghettiists. That explains a lot.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:53:00 UTC | #144076

b0ltzm0n's Avatar Comment 5 by b0ltzm0n

RAmen my sisters and brothers, RAmen!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:14:00 UTC | #144082

riki's Avatar Comment 6 by riki

Sounds like we (humans) are suffering from the Casper Hausen Syndrome, except our box is a bit bigger.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:19:00 UTC | #144085

RobDinsmore's Avatar Comment 7 by RobDinsmore

Not that I believe this kind of nonsense, but I am always tempted to equate the xtian view of the universe with that of a computer simulation. Here god wrote in the standard model, GR, etc as the rules and put the Earth at 6000 years ago with these silly fake fossils as the initial conditions and hit run on his super complex computer. Of course numerical error is responsible for all the physics we cannot yet understand and the "soul" is merely the portion of memory containing each individuals thoughts, so of course he know all of thoughts. He then interferes with this simulation from time to time just to see how it reacts. It also explains why he gets so angry when we don't appreciate how much work he put into getting this simulation to work. I mean c'mon have any of you tried to get a simulation that works on timescales that span ~100 orders of magnitude. Holy shit is that hard.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:19:00 UTC | #144086

robotaholic's Avatar Comment 8 by robotaholic

Pirates hahaha

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:25:00 UTC | #144088

Apathy personified's Avatar Comment 9 by Apathy personified

Worship of the FSM can not be counted as a religion, because they haven't had a schism yet, as all the good religions do.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:54:00 UTC | #144096

Pattern Seeker's Avatar Comment 10 by Pattern Seeker

Read along to get a laugh and found they included something about the kid from Weaverville, NC. I remember this story when it first broke around here (I live in Western North Carolina) and how people were going ape-shit. Hilarious. The kid was pretty witty, if I remember correctly.

On a side note-

I produce (and pretty much everything else, as well) a public access television show here in Carolina. It seems to take up a lot of my spare time, but I find it challenging. Anyways-my latest effort is about RELIGION! It will hit the airwaves in a few days, but here's your chance to see it first.

It's a half-hour program split into 5 parts. Here is a quick blurb on what it's about.

A satirical look at some of our favorite educational and public domain films of yesteryear, 'Public Flogging' is a public access show now available for online consumption. An eclectic mash-up of comic book, pop-ups, animations, subliminals and FX, 'Public Flogging' is unlike anything you've ever seen...or been so offended by. You've been warned-Now, prepare to be ridiculed.

Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the thread diversion...

Regards,

Zack

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:55:00 UTC | #144097

paulsteer's Avatar Comment 11 by paulsteer

I am a Pastafarian and I have been "Touched By His Noodly Appendage" and can confirm the deep spiritual experience that results. Check out Bobby Henderson's official website, inspired by His noodliness...

You can even buy the FSM gospel...(UK link)

It is clearly THE one true religion and promises a stripper factory & a beer volcano in its heaven. It also allows flimsy moral standards and even offers a 30 day trial. You can't say fairer than that.

Enjoy!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:59:00 UTC | #144099

the_ultimate_samurai's Avatar Comment 12 by the_ultimate_samurai

Brilliant! Now we just need to set-up a propoganda film mentioning how scientists have expelled(â„¢) FSMism from the classroom and ban PZ from the screening.

RAMEN!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:19:00 UTC | #144108

tieInterceptor's Avatar Comment 13 by tieInterceptor

the escapist.com is also home to "zero punctuation", totally unrelated to religion but deadly funny,

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:23:00 UTC | #144111

D'Arcy's Avatar Comment 14 by D'Arcy

Don't these heretic FSM people realise that John Frum is the real God? I mean, what are the FSM people going to do? Will they send in Long John Silver, Capt. Flint on shoulder and wack the Kansas School Board with his crutches?

Nay! Far better to wait for John Frum to re-appear from under his (different) volcano, and go to Kansas and remove all ice cream parlours, hamburger and Coca-Cola joints. This way John Frum will starve them into sense!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:10:00 UTC | #144123

Duff's Avatar Comment 15 by Duff

gimlibengloin,
Does it effect you at all to know that you are a silly, simple person, erroneously living in the 21st century when in fact your mind is still in the middle east some 3000 years ago? No, I thought not.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:07:00 UTC | #144141

Vadjong's Avatar Comment 16 by Vadjong

10. Comment #151768 by Apathy personified on March 29, 2008 at 10:54 am

I can provide a heresy topic for you :
Do you curl the pasta skilfully round your fork, or brutally cut it all up with your knife ?

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:18:00 UTC | #144143

FightingFalcon's Avatar Comment 17 by FightingFalcon

"If this is what I believe in, no matter how stupid it might sound, I should be able to express myself however I want to," said Weaverville, North Carolina, high school student Bryan Killian. His school's administrators disagreed, refusing to recognize his eye patch as a protected religious article. Killian was suspended from school until he agreed to return sans the Pastafarian accoutrement.

Blasphemy!!

Seriously though - what gives any school the right to tell students what is an acceptable religion and what isn't? Respect to all or respect to none. (Clearly the latter being the better option).

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:30:00 UTC | #144145

Apathy personified's Avatar Comment 18 by Apathy personified

Vadjong, i can see the schism has already started, 'brutally cut it all up', I tenderly slice in into smaller pieces so when I eat it, my clothes don't suffer the consequences.
Ha, yes, now it's a real religion!!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:36:00 UTC | #144146

newskin's Avatar Comment 19 by newskin

Bobby Henderson is a true prophet and Pasterfarianism is the one true way.

The spaghetti monster is the one true god. This is self evident as it is the simplest explainantion. I mean if you were an alien and came across the Earth would you say it was all created by an indicisive god who made so many mistakes he had to send his son to sort them out or would you say that it was created by His Noodleyness, who makes no mistakes whatsoever.

By the way, don't even think of pictorialising Bobby.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:05:00 UTC | #144153

D'Arcy's Avatar Comment 20 by D'Arcy

These Pastafarians must learn of the true God, John Frum. No noodly appendages required just some G.I.s and a South Paciffic island (plus volcano).

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:46:00 UTC | #144165

newskin's Avatar Comment 21 by newskin

Aiden 86 - the article severely mischaracterises the creationist position.

I agree to an extent, but creationists hardly do a good job of explaining the existance of dinosaurs which is what i think the author was getting at.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:47:00 UTC | #144166

newskin's Avatar Comment 22 by newskin

These Pastafarians must learn of the true God, John Frum.

Blasphemy!! Although His Noodleyness explicitly forbids harming (let alone killing) other humans, talk of The Frum is a convenient exception!

Best beware, or you may receive powdered pasta in the post....

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:53:00 UTC | #144169

newskin's Avatar Comment 23 by newskin

That's why we should show creationism for what it is. It's funny enough without having to lie about it.

No further arguement here!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:15:00 UTC | #144179

Homo economicus's Avatar Comment 24 by Homo economicus

Bought "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" at the MSP airport after the American Atheist Conference.

Funny as hell.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:16:00 UTC | #144181

Gwendolyn's Avatar Comment 25 by Gwendolyn

As a devoted pasta lover, I always rejoice at hearing hymns about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. However, I gagged at the second line: I doubt archeologists have had anything to say about dinosaurs at all. They've had much more to say about pirates!
And as for schisms, I hasten to inform the public that that side of meatballs is a later corruption of the true Flying Spaghetti Monster in all his tomato-and-herb-scented purity!

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:13:00 UTC | #144210

Pilot22A's Avatar Comment 26 by Pilot22A

Does the Old Spaghetti Factory in Portland have anything to do with the Spaghetti Monster?

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:12:00 UTC | #144247

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 27 by rod-the-farmer

I think the ball has been dropped on the lawsuit issue. I think we all need to file this same sort of suit in every jurisdiction where ID is being proposed. Multiple lawsuits promoting the FSM. A veritable fusilliade.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:17:00 UTC | #144251

mrjonno's Avatar Comment 28 by mrjonno

I find it highly offensive that articles like this confuse serious science and pasta based theology of pastafarism which complete artificial made by committee joke religions like christianity

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:20:00 UTC | #144254

Double Bass Atheist's Avatar Comment 29 by Double Bass Atheist

As we well know, sometimes humor is the best weapon... with Scorn and Ridicule supplying the ordinance.

Now, slightly off-topic...
Everyone, if you haven't done so already, please check out Pattern Seeker's link in post #11 of this thread! It's some great work... probably should have a thread of its own.
I PM'd him (check your PM Zack!) and suggested starting a thread in the forums.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:46:00 UTC | #144262

atkinson's Avatar Comment 30 by atkinson

Dept. of inadvertent accuracy

. . . intelligent design, although based on improvable hypotheses, was a better fit for the science curriculum of Kansas.

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:11:00 UTC | #144281