← Saudi Marriage Officiant : 'It Is Allowed To Marry A Girl At The Age Of One'.

Saudi Marriage Officiant : 'It Is Allowed To Marry A Girl At The Age Of One'. - Comments

Devolution's Avatar Comment 1 by Devolution

Hmmmm yep makes perfect sense to me. /evolutionary survival skill>

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:47:00 UTC | #188626

Dhamma's Avatar Comment 3 by Dhamma

Sick.... fucking.... bastards!

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:49:00 UTC | #188631

Vaal's Avatar Comment 2 by Vaal

The Prophet Muhammad is the model we follow. He took 'Aisha to be his wife when she was six, but he had sex with her only when she was nine.

So, your model is a self serving sexual monster imposing himself on little more than a child. As I have said before, if I had met this sick bast*d, I would have beaten him to an inch of his life.

If Mohammad had jumped off a cliff, would these brain dead sheep follow him? What a shame he didn't.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:49:00 UTC | #188628

ThoughtsonCommonToad's Avatar Comment 4 by ThoughtsonCommonToad

Muhammad really is quite vile, Jesus wasn't that bad. Not great but relative to a warmongering paedo.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:50:00 UTC | #188633

PrimeNumbers's Avatar Comment 5 by PrimeNumbers

So Muhammed is a paedophile and a child molester. Lovely. And here now, we've had a Saudi official confirm it. So, when can we start buying the Muhammed is paedophile T-Shirts?

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:52:00 UTC | #188636

Apathy personified's Avatar Comment 6 by Apathy personified

Why would anyone WANT to marry a 1 year old?

Truly disgusting.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:54:00 UTC | #188638

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 7 by al-rawandi

Everyone should read Imam Khomeini's Tahrirvasiyoleh where he enumerates that is acceptable to perform sex acts with any girl who is no longer Radi'yya (breast feeding) as long as it is short of vaginal sex.

So you can marry a 1 year old, but you have to wait until she is 9 to screw her. Such a touching demarcation!

But if you read the story of A'isha, Muhammad would take baths with her and "fondle" her in the bath, and make her fondle him as well. So even before she was 9, she was essentially molested.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:54:00 UTC | #188639

TeraBrat's Avatar Comment 9 by TeraBrat

Way back when when human life expectancy was much much lower and most people did not get an education it made sense for them to get married and start having children as early as possible from a reproductive AND evolutionary point of view. The longer you waited the less chance you had to pass on your genes. I'm quite sure most people married at adolescence in those days.

The problem is that the world has changed and life expectancies are higher and the world is overpopulated so you don't want to have a dozen children and would need a really good job to feed and cloth them. These people are still stuck in the mindset of the prophet Muhammed who lived about 1500 years ago.

Yup it's a problem.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:56:00 UTC | #188642

JemyM's Avatar Comment 8 by JemyM

Muhammad really is quite vile, Jesus isn't that bad.

It depends. Muhammad did get married with a young person, but it was common back then. We do not know much about Jesus life at all.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:56:00 UTC | #188641

mejdrich's Avatar Comment 10 by mejdrich

"He married her at the age of six, and he consummated the marriage, by having sex with her for the first time, when she was nine. We consider the Prophet Muhammad to be our model."

"Who says all men are ferocious wolves?"

The irony is stunning.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:58:00 UTC | #188645

advocatus_diaboli's Avatar Comment 12 by advocatus_diaboli

"Officer, I swear she didn't tell me she was 1. She looked 2 and a half at the very least."

It is heartening to know that in some areas, at least, progress has been made over the past few thousand years.

So where are all the drunken 16 year-olds at anyway?

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:00:00 UTC | #188648

liberalartist's Avatar Comment 11 by liberalartist

so basically women are slaves in the muslim world. To marry off your daughter at the age of one, three, nine, or sixteen is to treat her as livestock. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:00:00 UTC | #188647

Dhamma's Avatar Comment 13 by Dhamma

I just think it's such a no-no that people don't talk about it. I say it all the time when I debate with muslims on the net, and they get outrageous :) I mentioned it once when I talked to a muslim I was working with, and I think he wanted to kill me on the spot, so I prefer making them pissed where I'm saved behind the screen instead :)

I really hope people start talking about it more, as somewhere deep within us, everyone knows how bizarre it is, and they can't really defend it either.

Above all, the bastard was over 50 when he molested her.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:01:00 UTC | #188649

Quetzalcoatl's Avatar Comment 14 by Quetzalcoatl

Dr. Ahmad Al-Mu'bi: He married her at the age of six, and he consummated the marriage, by having sex with her for the first time, when she was nine. We consider the Prophet Muhammad to be our model

This quote will be a good answer to anyone who claims that Muhammad was not a paedophile, I think.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:02:00 UTC | #188651

Vaal's Avatar Comment 15 by Vaal

TeraBrat

Correct me if I am wrong Al, but wasn't Mohammad in his 50's when he consummated his marriage with a 9 year old child. It wouldn't have had anything to do with having as many children as possible, as he probably had many offspring by then. It was no more than a sick old man lusting after a child. Was there nothing that their Prophet could do that would make his followers actually think "what a complete tosser".

I see now why women in Islam have to hide themselves from men who aren't their husbands (possessions). Islam presumes that practically all men are nothing more than sexual predators, in fact just like their prophet, who is such a good example.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:05:00 UTC | #188654

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 16 by al-rawandi

Vaal,

At that point Muhammad was in his fifties. Aisha's father Abu Bakr objected to the marriage saying to Muhammad:

AB: "Are we not brothers" (you can't marry my daughter)
Mo: "We are brothers in Islam, therefore she is licit for me to marry".

Thus Muhammad got the consent to marry Aisha. She was one of quite a lot of wives, but was his favorite, and was early on tasked with washing semen stains from Muhammad's garmets.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:10:00 UTC | #188657

clatz's Avatar Comment 17 by clatz

It's sick and disturbing, but that's Islam for you.

To be fair to the man, he is being reasonable ...

[SHUDDER]

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:12:00 UTC | #188658

Cartomancer's Avatar Comment 18 by Cartomancer

The sad thing is that many, many muslims out there see nothing wrong with calling the unlovely union of a middle-aged man with a six year old girl a legitimate "marriage" and yet would be mortally offended at the idea of two loving, committed women or men getting married to one another.

Liberalartist has the right of it. To this mindset marriage is property contract. It's like buying a car or a house or a camel. And it actually assumes that women NEED to be bought and sold and "protected" by marriage, and will be GRATEFUL for it. And I dare say many poor women in benighted islamic countries actually ARE grateful.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:14:00 UTC | #188660

ThoughtsonCommonToad's Avatar Comment 20 by ThoughtsonCommonToad

How can you be moral without God. Well for a start you don't marry a one year old.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:14:00 UTC | #188662

Szkeptik's Avatar Comment 19 by Szkeptik

Ahh, what did you expect?

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:14:00 UTC | #188661

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 21 by mordacious1

I always thought that the, "Old enough to breathe, old enough for me" line was just a sick joke, and then along comes islam...

So if I want to go on a trip, I could take my daughter with me...Oh wait, I could marry her off. Saves on restaurant bills, good thinking.

Boy, If these guys could just step back and take a look at their religion from the outside, they would have to be ashamed.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:15:00 UTC | #188663

Fanusi Khiyal's Avatar Comment 23 by Fanusi Khiyal

I'm going to point out that some of us have been mentioning little details like that and recieving nothing but outcries from certain people - you know who you are - outcries of of 'Fascist!' 'Racist!' 'It's all due to American foreign policy!' for quite some time.

Sorry, that doesn't fly. That logic explains why Romeo and Juliet were written to be so young, but it doesn't explain this kind of perversion. Long before Muhammad there were those who had understood that this was bullshit. Christ did so. I'm pretty sure that the Buddha also did.

Oh, and just in case anyone thinks that this is confined to Saudi Arabia, the mosques in Britain preach the same thing. And they are on videotape as having said it.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:16:00 UTC | #188667

Gregg Townsend's Avatar Comment 22 by Gregg Townsend

16. Comment #198681 by al-rawandi

"It interests me how much you seem to know of that world." Mal said to Shepard

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:16:00 UTC | #188665

Fanusi Khiyal's Avatar Comment 24 by Fanusi Khiyal

Oh, and because this seriously deserves mentioning :

The Islam's Not For Me song:

"He justified perversion in the name of Allah
When he married a girl too young for a bra.
She was playing with dolls when the Prophet came
Her childhood was stolen in Allah's name
Aisha was nine when he took her to bed
Don't tell me that guy's not sick in the head"

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:20:00 UTC | #188669

ThoughtsonCommonToad's Avatar Comment 25 by ThoughtsonCommonToad

Boring. Change the record, anyone who is sensible calls a spade a spade, you'll only find that coming from politicians and ignoramuses.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:21:00 UTC | #188670

DavidJGrossman's Avatar Comment 26 by DavidJGrossman

Why exactly should we be tolerant of this crap? Religious approval of child rape deserves exactly what it gets; ridicule and condemnation.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:23:00 UTC | #188673

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 27 by rod-the-farmer

Who says all men are ferocious wolves?

Well, I guess that would be muslim men. After all, isn't it they who insist that women cover their hair, their faces, and their bodies ? Why cover the women, if not to keep them from inciting ferocious islamic wolves ? And not just their own relatives, other women too, even if they are just visiting. Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 lashes. Does it never occur to men in muslim countries, to ask how western and other non-islamic societies survive for thousands of years, with all those uncovered women out there ? I mean, are these other men not ferocious wolves too ? Why is the population of such wolves restricted to just muslim countries ? Hmm.

Also, has anyone asked what happens if the woman/girl/child does not WANT to marry the person the father has chosen ? Oh, sorry, that would be holding Islam up for hatred. My bad.

Now that it is official a muslim man can marry a one-year old, I think I better start keeping score as to how many times I say "You couldn't make this stuff up". I am already into the high single figures.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:24:00 UTC | #188674

advocatus_diaboli's Avatar Comment 28 by advocatus_diaboli

Christ did so. I'm pretty sure that the Buddha also did.

It is commonly taught in Christianity that Mary was somewhere between 12 and 14 when she conceived Jesus.

The Buddha did not advocate marriage in general but did lay down some general guidelines which does not cover age. It usually depends upon what society adopts Buddhism as to how it views marriage and is not so much a matter of Buddhism itself.

So basically Jesus was popped out of a kid and Buddha was mums the word. Care to try again?

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:27:00 UTC | #188679

ssssss's Avatar Comment 29 by ssssss

Comment #198665 by JemyM on June 24, 2008 at 10:56 am

Muhammad did get married with a young person, but it was common back then.

It was not that common at the time for 54 year olds to marry 6 year olds (and he had his eye on her from when she was 5), even her father baulked at the idea despite the fact that it involved his prophet who murdered anyone who disagreed with him.

Marrying from 12 years plus was quite common - but generally with people who were of a similar age (or the guy being less than c 25 years old).
Note there is significant evidence in the Hadith that Aisha did not start menstruating until she was 14.

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:30:00 UTC | #188682

Sciros's Avatar Comment 30 by Sciros

Well, I wouldn't use "significant evidence" and "in the Hadith" in succession, or even in the same sentence, but that's an aside.

Anyway this is pretty disturbing and I'm surprised it's not as condemned as it ought to be considering it's apparently not uncommon knowledge...

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:34:00 UTC | #188685