← Muslims outraged at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat

Muslims outraged at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat - Comments

HunterZolomon's Avatar Comment 1 by HunterZolomon

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. What's worse is that the police actually apologized for it...

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:41:00 UTC | #192811

the way's Avatar Comment 2 by the way

Images of Dog are forbidden in Islam

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:45:00 UTC | #192814

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 3 by al-rawandi

They haven't met Oinky, the loveable police pig.

More Dhimwits appeasing the Muslims.

I love how Muslims are big on multi-culturalism when they come to the west, but how much multi-culturalism is allowed in Iran? Conversion away from Islam (apostasy) may now be punishable by death. Churches are illegal in Saudi Arabia.

I mean what the fuck, it's not even a two way street.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:45:00 UTC | #192815

mikes's Avatar Comment 4 by mikes

It's so cute its outrageous!

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:45:00 UTC | #192816

HourglassMemory's Avatar Comment 5 by HourglassMemory

Ritually unclean?
In what times do we live in??????
MY GOD!
I think I'm not alone in thinking that the only reply to this is the middle finger.
I saw the picture and I just laughed.
These people get offended by everything. ANYTHING!!!!

I just hope Europe and other civilized places around the world don't bent over backwards to take this sort of crap from these people. I hope we don't bend backwards so much that we'll lose our spines.
They're the ones who need to bend over backward. Grow a thicker skin.

This sort of "outrage" really annoys me.
And it annoys me that the police would "not do it" if they knew it would offend.
No! Do it anyway. You're free to do it. It's not going to be a group of "outraged muslims" saying that dogs are "ritually unclean" that should stop you. You should wave at them and keep doing it.
"Feelings hurt" is not an argument. Get over it.

It just seems insane that hundreds of years spent acquiring the freedoms we have today can be thrown aside in a single day, or hour, because of people who come from the outside, just dislike the things they see.

It's like spending hours decorating a house, to the point of reaching rococo, and then one of these people comes in and simply says "I'm offended by that and that and that and that and that. If those things are there I will not feel comfortable in this environment (Because I've read a book and I believe it was written by the actual creator of the universe)."
And of course the police force behaved like a maid: "Yes, sir, certainly sir, that will be removed right away sir. Yes, sir."

Instead of that I'd look at them and punch them for their arrogance. As they lay on the ground I'd say: "I'm not serving you. You're my guest. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Nobody ever told you to have your stability of mind depend on trivial matters. I pity you if you did."

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:46:00 UTC | #192817

Don_Quix's Avatar Comment 6 by Don_Quix

Muslims? Outraged??? Say it ain't so!

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:48:00 UTC | #192819

phatbat's Avatar Comment 7 by phatbat

I second that - What has the issue of whether a dog is unclean or not got to do with whether or not it should appear in an advert?

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:50:00 UTC | #192820

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 8 by al-rawandi

My rendition of the Muslim experience in Europe....

Immigration officer: "Welcome to England."
Muslim immigrant: "Your hat offends me. Where is my free stuff?"

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:51:00 UTC | #192821

nattyadams's Avatar Comment 9 by nattyadams

Say what you will about America, I'm happy that we're not (yet) shamefully grovelling to the hurt sensibilities of religious groups and tripping over ourselves to hand over our right to offend (and therefore the entire concept of true freedom of speech.)

Although it could happen.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:52:00 UTC | #192822

Tezcatlipoca's Avatar Comment 10 by Tezcatlipoca

Now, now, you all must understand that dogs are ritually unclean because of their amazing sense of smell and the ability to be trained to alert to certain compounds that explode.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:54:00 UTC | #192824

Dhamma's Avatar Comment 11 by Dhamma

Nuts! Seriously, if they don't like it, go BACK! (no I don't have anything against their skin-colour).

Since pictures of their paedophile prophet is also forbidden, maybe I should make a print of a dog pissing on Muhammed.. I bet they'd like that.

Seriously, I wish people start offending them more, eventually they can't be bothered every single time they're "offended". If we don't "respect" them, then why don't they respect the culture they've moved to?

Edit: The purpose of having a dog sitting on the hat beats me though... I actually hope they did it only to offend the idiots.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:55:00 UTC | #192825

catskill's Avatar Comment 12 by catskill

I wonder how many complaints they really received.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:56:00 UTC | #192827

black wolf's Avatar Comment 14 by black wolf

What?
A minority feels offended. Nobody is infringing on their civil rights or their religious freedom. Nobody forces them to display the ads.
As many here and elsewhere have been saying for months and years, this particular minority is actively seeking out stuff to feel butthurt about. Keeping dogs has been a part of human culture for a time one hundred times longer than their holy book has been around. Dogs have probably saved more lives and made more people happy than Islam ever has. They are an integrated part of Western culture and of many others worldwide.
And the 'force' (one should be calling them the 'wimps' from now on) effing APOLOGIZE for showing a PICTURE of a dog. APOLOGIZE!?!
Within a few years or less, the wimps will be forcing people to keep their dogs indoors because walking them outside might cause some medieval-brained muslim to feel offended. I'm serious. It will happen.
Why not stick a crescent moon and a sword to the Union Jack while you're at it.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:58:00 UTC | #192830

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 13 by mordacious1

Not mildly miffed, not slightly upset...OUTRAGED!

So does the fatwa go out on the dog, the hat, the police chief, or the ad guru?

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:58:00 UTC | #192829

Ty_Webb's Avatar Comment 15 by Ty_Webb

Well, I'm outraged that anyone could find that puppy "ritually unclean" and will be expecting an apology from the complainants.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:59:00 UTC | #192831

mummymonkey's Avatar Comment 17 by mummymonkey

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:00:00 UTC | #192833

RascoHeldall's Avatar Comment 16 by RascoHeldall

Argh! Why didn't the police just ignore these cretins?! Why should they give two hoots about the superstitious ravings of intellectual half-wits?

Seriously - why does insane stupidity always get given credence if it happens to come from Muslims? If something so egregiously stupid was uttered by any other group - including Christians - it would be laughed at.

Does the fact that Muslim extremists stab and bomb people have anything do with this?

(That last question was rhetorical by the way.)

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:00:00 UTC | #192832

Carole's Avatar Comment 18 by Carole

Jee Zus. This is completely absurd.
I'm off to email

mail@tayside.pnn.police.uk

to tell them I am OUTRAGED at this apology.

edit - sent the email, feel a bit less furious now.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:03:00 UTC | #192835

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 19 by al-rawandi

RascoHelDall,

If you hate dogs, it's okay. But if you hate murderers, child rapists and suicide bombers you are an Islamophobe.

Do you understand how this works now?

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:03:00 UTC | #192836

GBile's Avatar Comment 22 by GBile

Dear Councillor Asif,

Hereby I declare your brain ritually unclean. Although you might think that Allah is on your side, the truth is that you share a common ancestor with every dog on earth. Both of you have, for instance, your balls dangling under your bellies.
It could have been you, sitting on the policeman's hat, and Rebel complaining. But, I am sure, Rebel is too smart for that.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:08:00 UTC | #192841

Gregg Townsend's Avatar Comment 20 by Gregg Townsend

Oh, please.

Maybe the advertisement should have used 72 virgins for a mascot.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:08:00 UTC | #192838

qomak's Avatar Comment 21 by qomak

Let me guess ... is it because the ad uses the image of an animal in a way which is some form of appeal to emotion without having any connection to the actual performance of the police force?

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:08:00 UTC | #192840

LaTomate's Avatar Comment 24 by LaTomate

What a load of cock.

I live in Dundee, too.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:09:00 UTC | #192843

HunterZolomon's Avatar Comment 23 by HunterZolomon

mummymonkey

Thanks for the clarifying article. These things have a tendency to get blown out of proportion. Even though large parts of the muslim community seem cool with it, this Mr. Asif still seems like a w**ker...

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:09:00 UTC | #192842

oriole's Avatar Comment 25 by oriole

That's it. We have got to form a Church of Atheism, decide what we find unclean, and then go screaming to the Newspapers every time we are forced to look at unclean images. Here are some candidates for unclean things: crucifixes, crescent moons, megachurches, plaques with the ten commandments, ...

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:10:00 UTC | #192846

Fanusi Khiyal's Avatar Comment 26 by Fanusi Khiyal

Cue the Muslim fake outrage machine, and our elites crawling on their bellies to apologise. Collection of dhimmis, the lot of them.

The regime change that's really necessary is in Europe.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:11:00 UTC | #192847

Sh!fty's Avatar Comment 27 by Sh!fty

I hope we don't bend backwards so much that we'll lose our spines. Where you referering to this?

Do you know what the sad part is? Most people (theist) read this and tell me "I don't see why you get all worked up about it".

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:22:00 UTC | #192857

Agathodemon's Avatar Comment 28 by Agathodemon

What is the matter with the non muslim people in that community? They should be screaming bloody murder. We need to quit accomodating this ---ing nonsense.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:25:00 UTC | #192860

Koreman's Avatar Comment 29 by Koreman

Nuts. We're seeing the same over-apologizing in the Netherlands. It's pathetic.

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:26:00 UTC | #192861

prettygoodformonkeys's Avatar Comment 30 by prettygoodformonkeys

Here is a pretty good definition of Islamophobia, even though it is a made-up word with no meaning....

Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:27:00 UTC | #192864