← Sydney brothels say Pope's visit will give business a leg-up

Sydney brothels say Pope's visit will give business a leg-up - Comments

Tom Coward's Avatar Comment 1 by Tom Coward

All those sexually repressed Catholics! Where do I buy stock in a brothel!

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:16:00 UTC | #207311

al-rawandi's Avatar Comment 2 by al-rawandi

Tom Coward,

Rick's Capberet, I can't remember the ticker on the stock.

You could also invest in the "Vice Fund" -- VICEX

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:20:00 UTC | #207313

beeline's Avatar Comment 3 by beeline

I expect the priesthood are frustrated that Sydney's otherwise liberal laws place a lower limit on sex worker age.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:20:00 UTC | #207314

Apathy personified's Avatar Comment 4 by Apathy personified

Silly business practise, you have to know your customer.
Surely she should have hired more vunerable young boys?

Cheap joke, but worth it.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:20:00 UTC | #207315

Village_Idiot's Avatar Comment 5 by Village_Idiot

Perhaps my post is not exactly on the topic but it is still strongly associated with a question: How to wipe out religion from this planet before it's too late?

Hold on to you chair...and focus on the very first 7 top pictures

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:22:00 UTC | #207318

TIKI AL's Avatar Comment 6 by TIKI AL

The "Resurrection 2 for 1 timed special", "Mary Magdalin reach around", and "Missionary Tranny Conversion" are always crowd pleasers at these religious events.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:50:00 UTC | #207351

brian thomson's Avatar Comment 7 by brian thomson

Village_Idiot: how about a warning before posting a link to that kind of site? It contains some very disturbing images. If that's supposed to make us sympathise with Hizbollah, you're in the wrong place.

I know that they do the same to Israeli children any chance they get, and do you really expect me to take sides with one bunch of religious nutters against another bunch of religious nutters? Neither side is justified in their beliefs.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:52:00 UTC | #207353

Don_Quix's Avatar Comment 8 by Don_Quix

I honestly didn't know there were brothels in Sydney. Yet another reason to visit Australia!

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:59:00 UTC | #207354

Village_Idiot's Avatar Comment 9 by Village_Idiot

Stereoroid wrote:

I don't understand your childish comment.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:03:00 UTC | #207357

35bluejacket's Avatar Comment 10 by 35bluejacket

Stereoroid

That went right over your head :) Zoom!!
Your religious slip is showing.

V I Good post

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:57:00 UTC | #207400

ghuckin's Avatar Comment 11 by ghuckin

I wonder if there's a surcharge for the missionary position.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:05:00 UTC | #207412

Vinelectric's Avatar Comment 12 by Vinelectric

.. many of them do it because of their own personal repression," Eros spokesman Robbie Swan told AFP. "And often it's because of religion."

Yeah pimp, whatever. Tabloid coloumn fillers on the website, always a joy to read.

Next topic please...

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:08:00 UTC | #207413

Vinelectric's Avatar Comment 13 by Vinelectric

35bluejacket

Your religious slip is showing.

That conflict has had world wide repercussions. Nothing to do with religion. Not sure what village-idiot's intentions were. I'm certainly suspicious of yours !

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:16:00 UTC | #207417

Border Collie's Avatar Comment 14 by Border Collie

Priests and teenagers going to whorehouses! Oh, Mr. Jesus, tell me it ain't so!

But, then, after the priests get through with the teenagers, there might not be much left of the teenagers for the whores to work with.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:19:00 UTC | #207418

Spaceboy's Avatar Comment 15 by Spaceboy

From what I heard, brothels did "3 times" as much business but the patrons didn't want to use condoms because it's against their faith.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:25:00 UTC | #207421

35bluejacket's Avatar Comment 16 by 35bluejacket

vinelectric

Read VI's post and look at that site he gave again. Then tell me how much you admire religion.

Am I missing something here? Am I on a pro jewish or pro religion site? :)

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:29:00 UTC | #207424

Village_Idiot's Avatar Comment 18 by Village_Idiot

Vinelectric wrote:

That conflict has had world wide repercussions. Nothing to do with religion.

Hmm, nothing to do with religion? Who are you trying to convince? Take this back or I'll be, using your phraseology, certainly suspicious of your intelligence!

Avekid wrote:

The idea was to demonstrate, once again, the evils of religion.

Absolutely. I think those pictures, and the specificity of the website, make the point vividly clear. Thank you.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:38:00 UTC | #207433

avekid's Avatar Comment 17 by avekid

Stereoroid:

I don't think the idea was to get you to side with Hizbollah. The idea was to demonstrate, once again, the evils of religion.

(If I'm wrong, Village Idiot, I'm open to correction.)

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:38:00 UTC | #207432

35bluejacket's Avatar Comment 19 by 35bluejacket

Thank goodness!! This is the atheist's site. Seems like some our members need to read Hitchens.
I can't speak for all but I don't take religious sides, neither does our Four Horseman. Judaism is just another head of the serpent, as well as Islam and Christanity.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:52:00 UTC | #207440

tboneecks's Avatar Comment 20 by tboneecks

"Obviously we're not promoting it at your traditional Catholic community and it's unlikely we will get priests through."

This line alone forced me stop reading because I was literally laughing until I cried.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:57:00 UTC | #207447

vesihiisi's Avatar Comment 21 by vesihiisi

Village Idiot: That seems a bit harsh way to wipe out religion. Maybe we could use education or something?

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:24:00 UTC | #207467

Pattern Seeker's Avatar Comment 22 by Pattern Seeker

...and panic buttons for the sex workers?!

First Rule-Don't Panic.

Second Rule-Bring A Towel. Preferably a clean one. You're about to enter a brothel.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:26:00 UTC | #207468

dr joneZ's Avatar Comment 23 by dr joneZ

I can think of nothing more ridiculous than arriving at a brothel carrying a towel, Pattern Seeker!

All Sydney brothels provide freshly-laundered towels for their customers.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:53:00 UTC | #207490

Village_Idiot's Avatar Comment 24 by Village_Idiot

Vesihiisi wrote:

I'm not following your line of thinking. The pictures are to illustrate atrocities of religious war, today in the XXI century. Nothing else.

35bluejacket wrote:

Seems like some our members need to read Hitchens.

Yes, and take a few classes on critical thinking.

A general comment:
Interesting, when you hit the "Jewish button" suddenly strange and illogical comments pop out even on atheist's discussion forum. Simply sad and ugly.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:19:00 UTC | #207511

35bluejacket's Avatar Comment 25 by 35bluejacket

This site has spent a lot of time exposing the sicknesses of Islam and Christanity and very little on Judaism. Even though this is an Islamic site and is propaganda don't shoot the messenger so to speak. The pictures and quotes speak for themselves. You might keep in mind that these dead children are not "Moslem" children but just children. Sorry if this is a bit off the thread but I feel it needs to be shown again. Special thanks to Village_Idiot.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:30:00 UTC | #207542

Agrajag's Avatar Comment 26 by Agrajag

23. Comment #218861 by dr joneZ on July 25, 2008 at 6:53 pm

All Sydney brothels provide freshly-laundered towels for their customers.

Well, then, there's no excuse for a hoopy frood not knowing where his towel is. :-)
Ste5e

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:37:00 UTC | #207546

cam9976's Avatar Comment 27 by cam9976

I wonder if there will also be a surge in the number of vulnerable young catholics molested during the pope's trip.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:38:00 UTC | #207568

moderndaythomas's Avatar Comment 28 by moderndaythomas

Personal repression and religion.
That would make me seek out prostitution...........but then so would my genes.........and the fact that I'm a musician...........and I probably had a drink........and a dollar for the condemn machine.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:45:00 UTC | #207569

Christopher Davis's Avatar Comment 29 by Christopher Davis

"You might keep in mind that these dead children are not "Moslem" children but just children."---35bluejacket

I'm going to pass on looking at the dead children, but I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I've got a picture of a little Afghan boy eating "skittles" that I look at every time I start thinking that we should just turn this place (Afghanistan)into a glass bowl.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:22:00 UTC | #207576

Roy_H's Avatar Comment 30 by Roy_H

"Sydney brothels say Pope's visit will give business a leg-up"
Shouldn't that be "Leg over" ?

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:44:00 UTC | #207577