← Jewish 'ultras' defend morals with menace

Jewish 'ultras' defend morals with menace - Comments

mr-zero's Avatar Comment 1 by mr-zero

Ah! Religion is a wonderful thing!
Z

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:46:00 UTC | #238375

curby's Avatar Comment 2 by curby

He maintained that separation was necessary beyond the boundaries of the neighbourhood. 'Having secular people on the buses is a problem. They go like animals, without clothes. Non-religious girls don't dress properly. They encourage me to sin,' he said.

: )

That's hilariously tragic.

Anyway, I've never been able to tell the difference between orthodox Jews and fundamentalist Muslims.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:05:00 UTC | #238387

MaxWeiss's Avatar Comment 3 by MaxWeiss

I see so many articles like this, and it just gets to me so much. I feel compelled to do something, but I don't know what! This behavior is not acceptable. Whether it's your religion or something else, your rights stop when you impose yourself and beliefs onto others. If you and yours want to be crazy in your home, that's fine, but it is not acceptable to bring that forcibly onto others. Anybody have any ideas on how to fight stuff like this??? So far my activism goes as far as bumper stickers and talking with somebody any time they say something stupid. I never convert them but I do very well with all the bystanders listening in. What else can be done on a day to day basis??? Anybody???????

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:31:00 UTC | #238410

apjohn23's Avatar Comment 4 by apjohn23

How can we stop these pious riots?

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:55:00 UTC | #238429

ggab7768's Avatar Comment 5 by ggab7768

Pious Riots was one of the best metal bands of the 80's.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:56:00 UTC | #238430

PrimeNumbers's Avatar Comment 6 by PrimeNumbers

There not being enough persecution of Jews at the moment, the Jews decide to persecute themselves. Thus is the wonder of religion.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:08:00 UTC | #238432

apjohn23's Avatar Comment 7 by apjohn23

I think there big hit was "Come on feel the noise, and if you don't we will forcebly make you feel it perhaps at the cost of your life", great song, I believe they we also of the Haredi sect.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:09:00 UTC | #238435

Thomas Byrne's Avatar Comment 8 by Thomas Byrne

I thank dog everyday that I live in an ever increasing secular country where this type of stuff was being phased out 30 years ago when the last Magdelin Sister hung up her habit.
More evidence that religious people really ought to learn to start packing their things and leaving.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:12:00 UTC | #238437

A's Avatar Comment 9 by A

More religious prickery.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:31:00 UTC | #238441

Enlightenme..'s Avatar Comment 10 by Enlightenme..

"They encourage me to sin"

Wow! What a fucking wanker ;)

"More than 30 per cent of its Jewish residents are Haredi while only 22 per cent are secular. Of the remaining 47 per cent, 14 per cent say they are religious and 33 per cent say they are traditional Jews"

Um, so (author of the article).. You're saying you don't consider the 'traditional' jews, ie; the non-religious set of the 47% as Secular?
What is the definition of Secular we're looking at here?

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:31:00 UTC | #238443

TalkyMeat's Avatar Comment 11 by TalkyMeat

Yoel Kreus said:

"They encourage me to sin"

Sounds like this pious tube steak could do with sinning a bit more. Seriously, dude, it's good for you, and honestly - it does not make you go blind.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:58:00 UTC | #238452

NewEnglandBob's Avatar Comment 12 by NewEnglandBob

Ultra-orthodox Haredi, Christian fundamentalists, Islamists, etc. are all mentally deranged fucktards.

The problem is that articles like this that show the non-civilized barbaric behavior makes most people say "look at those maniacs" but they don't realize that their own religion is the same stuff of lesser or more degree. Its the "my shit don't stink" phenomenon.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 15:37:00 UTC | #238465

Koreman's Avatar Comment 13 by Koreman

That is what these religions are about. Faith in illogical invisible all powerful beings that demand you dress yourself properly.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 15:53:00 UTC | #238471

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 15 by rod-the-farmer

Probably a good thing I don't live in Israel. I regret to say if I came across someone berating a woman or physically attacking her for her dress, I would probably cold-cock the individual doing it. Or maybe kick them in the groin. I am actually sitting here, gritting my teeth reading this and thinking about these men. Yes, I understand that may be the law there, but I think I would put myself into danger when a fellow human is being abused by religious idiots.

"They encourage me to sin"

indeed. And this guy has 11 children. When would he have time ?

I pass a bank every day that I know has lots of money in it. But the idea of robbing it to get some of it has never occurred to me. If these "men" cannot control their own 'base' emotions, I suggest they learn how, or abandon the term "men". They are then, like the religious police in Saudi Arabia, merely animals.

What is it about all three abrahamic religions that cause men to put women down ? I would think any halfway intelligent woman would say "Stuff that, I am leaving that faith." Why then do they stay ?

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:02:00 UTC | #238480

Ivan The Not So Bad's Avatar Comment 14 by Ivan The Not So Bad

"With the demographics skewed in their favour, government authorities are acquiescing to the growing demands of the ultra-orthodox."

Not totally unlike the US presidential candidates then.

"The transport ministry......has allowed operators to provide 'kosher' or 'pure' routes, where women are required to sit at the back and cannot board unless appropriately dressed."

Rosa Parks must be spinning.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:02:00 UTC | #238478

jwalters's Avatar Comment 16 by jwalters

What are you people talking about? As everyone knows, Pious Riots best song was Smelly Sandals which debuted on the Two-Finger Sack album in '81. Come on feel the noise indeed. Wait...was Smelly Sandals the drummer?

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:22:00 UTC | #238487

Eshto's Avatar Comment 17 by Eshto

It's interesting that conservative religious men are simultaneously homophobic and anti-woman.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:26:00 UTC | #238488

Lightnin's Avatar Comment 18 by Lightnin

Although they probably won't be killed, I'm sure there is a high chance of being bullied and ostracised. Plus, I'm sure many intelligent woman trully believe that it is their responsibility not to "encourage sin" in men, they've just been preprogramed to accept their role.

It's the typical sort of blame the victim response. And I feel (kinda) sorry for the men who can't feel they can treat their partners with respect, by letting them dress or think for themselves, or even hold their hand in public.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:45:00 UTC | #238495

german-atheist's Avatar Comment 19 by german-atheist

i say it again and again:religion is BS ( it even makes me use capital letters )

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:48:00 UTC | #238498

Paine's Avatar Comment 20 by Paine

The wonderful spreading of Sharia!

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:05:00 UTC | #238503

huzonfurst's Avatar Comment 21 by huzonfurst

Because Europe and America didn't want Jewish refugees even after WW II ended, the pressure to allow the creation of the state of Israel in Palestine led directly to today's neverending conflict. Israel could not survive without the massive foreign aid it gets from the US, amounting to roughly $10,000 per Israeli per year, much of it in the form of military hardware - and for what?? In support of orthodox bullying like this?

SCREW ISRAEL!! END ALL FOREIGN AID TO THIS PARASITE NATION!!

(Before the inevitable accusations come pouring in, I know plenty of Jews who agree with me on this.)

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:08:00 UTC | #238505

Titania's Avatar Comment 22 by Titania

huzonfurst: Israel is our 51st State. We would never break up the Union again. Oh wait, Sarah Palin's husband wants to and she supports him and his organization.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:10:00 UTC | #238508

ddedig's Avatar Comment 23 by ddedig

Word

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:19:00 UTC | #238512

Titania's Avatar Comment 24 by Titania

Come on ddedig, Spit it out.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:22:00 UTC | #238514

huzonfurst's Avatar Comment 25 by huzonfurst

Right you are, Titania. There are more identified atheists than Jews in the US anyway, so why don't we get a country too? Imagine the possibilities with no religion to fight with all the tme.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:27:00 UTC | #238516

Titania's Avatar Comment 26 by Titania

re: 26. Comment #251620 by huzonfurst

Wow, where can we set up shop? I thought about somewhere in the Caribbean but there are too many hurricanes.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:30:00 UTC | #238517

Titania's Avatar Comment 27 by Titania

Re: 26. Comment #251620 by huzonfurst

You must have forgotten that we have to take Fanusi. ;) He swears he is an atheist.

Edit: Fanusi would fight with Steve and decius and Diacanu and then our little atheist Utopia would be spoiled.

Then, Fanusi (who would be our leader because of his elitist Oxbridge education) would have us all deported because we would not be anti-Muslim enough for him. And then where would we go? Fanusi would have our little spot of paradise all to himself.

Sorry. Too much Yellow Tail Shiraz. I'll stop.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:33:00 UTC | #238519

Chrysippus_Maximus's Avatar Comment 28 by Chrysippus_Maximus

Kicking the shit out of a woman for being immoral.

.... christ on a fucking bike that's the most absurd hypocritical oxymoronic thing I've ever read. What fucking PLANET am I on?!

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:53:00 UTC | #238522

Jesus Jones's Avatar Comment 29 by Jesus Jones

It appears the Jewish men are acting just like their Muslim neighbours. Forcing Jewish women to submit blindly to their will. Making them cover up in public. Punishing those who don't conform.

At this rate we won't have to worry about the two state solution to the Middle East. One region with the same rules for all. It won't be long before both the Jews and the Muslims get together for barbeques. Pass the pork please...

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:35:00 UTC | #238529

nathanielessex's Avatar Comment 30 by nathanielessex

My Son is hooked on the Command and Conquer game at the moment, so his answer to all problems tends to be "Nuke Um". When it comes to this "Holy City" I think he may have a point. If religion is so important to these people why can't they have the courage of their convictions and F**k Off and die?

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:20:00 UTC | #238538