← Mr. Deity and the Skeptic

Mr. Deity and the Skeptic - Comments

Flapjack's Avatar Comment 1 by Flapjack

At the risk of being obvious, when does Richard get to make a guest appearance on the show?

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:21:00 UTC | #397772

JSB2024's Avatar Comment 2 by JSB2024

Very funny and very true.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:28:00 UTC | #397778

bentleyd's Avatar Comment 3 by bentleyd

It was a bit disappointing how Shermer shunned the atheist label in favor of agnostic. Good entertainment as usual from Mr. Deity.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:31:00 UTC | #397779

Sally Luxmoore's Avatar Comment 4 by Sally Luxmoore

Michael Shermer must have loved doing this.
This is REAL fame...

[Edit] How about Christopher Hitchens? That would be great too.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:35:00 UTC | #397782

Steve Zara's Avatar Comment 5 by Steve Zara

Who needs to care about Pascal's Wager when you are smart?

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:44:00 UTC | #397785

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 6 by Stafford Gordon

I saw the flaw Pascal's Wager as soon as I came across it.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:00 UTC | #397789

markg's Avatar Comment 7 by markg

I'm sorry to hear that Michael Shermer passed away. What a loss to the skeptic community.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:15:00 UTC | #397794

severalspeciesof's Avatar Comment 8 by severalspeciesof

The sponsor is the private chef who worked for Mel "The Passion of Christ" Gibson?...

Hmmm... there's a joke somewhere in there...

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:48:00 UTC | #397816

NewEnglandBob's Avatar Comment 9 by NewEnglandBob

As I stated elsewhere, I felt this was one Mr> Deity that I did not like.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:45:00 UTC | #397851

Quine's Avatar Comment 10 by Quine

Comment #415884 by Sally Luxmoore:

[Edit] How about Christopher Hitchens?
Hitch would never stay on script. (But they would get a great B-roll).

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:00:00 UTC | #397854

markg's Avatar Comment 11 by markg

markg,

I know I really shouldn't respond to you in the alternate thread, since your comment was obviously offensive, but here goes:

Shame on you, you've crossed the line. How dare you come here and joke about someone , who's not really dead, as being dead on a thread clearly posted under the heading Comedy. What's worse is doing so for a video that implies his death, as he is answering for himself in the afterlife.

You're an ass.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:27:00 UTC | #397863

Colwyn Abernathy's Avatar Comment 12 by Colwyn Abernathy

Seriously, Flapjack. I mean, his BOOK got a cameo.

(Love you, Amy! And not entirely in a creepy way. Okay, it's KINDA creepy cuz you're attractive and all as well as personifying the devil in a classy and entertaining way that even Liz Hurley couldn't touch)

Wait, what was I saying? Oh yes, Shermer has great taste.

"Typical skeptic, doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut."

Epic.

EDIT:

severalspeciesof,

There are several jokes in that, Sugar Tits. ;)

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:40:00 UTC | #397869

nalfeshnee's Avatar Comment 13 by nalfeshnee

Some people have no sense of humor.

And no mark, I don't mean you.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:06:00 UTC | #397879

Witticism's Avatar Comment 14 by Witticism

"Did you punish him for it?"

"Nah ... I felt bad cause he'd already been through so much"

"Oh yeah with the with the sacrifice and all"

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:47:00 UTC | #397946

Witticism's Avatar Comment 15 by Witticism

"Did you punish him for it?"

"Nah ... I felt bad cause he'd already been through so much"

"Oh yeah with the with the sacrifice and all"

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:52:00 UTC | #397948

Alovrin's Avatar Comment 16 by Alovrin

Michael bamboozled god and .. that.. other guy whatsisname.
And gets to hang out with Lucy.

{Said like Nelson} NYAHA.

Maybe god could have an out-of-body experience and Lucy and her new assistant Mr Shermer have to talk him down.
Its then that Lucy and her new assistant hatch a plot to convince god he not & he doesnt exist, he disappear's in a puff of smoke.
POOF But he's god and not easy to get rid of.
Maybe Buffy may have to have a try...at killing god.
Will devils and atheist succeed mwahahahaha.

Michael was really getting good there , for an agnostic.
Ahh comedy

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 02:30:00 UTC | #397982

ANTIcarrot's Avatar Comment 17 by ANTIcarrot

Would have been a better video if Michael Shermer hadn't been happy to play such a measily mouthed kiss ass.

I'd have been tempted to ask about the time Jesus attacked the micro-loan charity in the temple with a cat-of-nine-tails with spikes in it. Or the part where he basically carbon copied large parts of 'his' teachings from other people. Or the part where he said the old testiment laws (including murdering people on the sabbeth) should not be changed.

As it stands thiswas a wasted oppertunity.

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:36:00 UTC | #398021

Carl Sai Baba's Avatar Comment 18 by Carl Sai Baba

I'll take the "Hell" option.

The "devil" is as likely to be Amy Rohren or Elizabeth Hurley as anyone, and there sure are some sick accounts of this "god" fellow.

I do hope Shermer and Lucy hook up. Next episode, please!

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:07:00 UTC | #398047

sundiver's Avatar Comment 19 by sundiver

I've always liked Bertrand Russell's retort if asked why he didn't believe, "Not enough proof, God, not enough proof."

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:15:00 UTC | #398260

SaintStephen's Avatar Comment 20 by SaintStephen

17. Comment #416376 by sundiver on September 17, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Not enough proof evidence, God, not enough proof evidence.

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:25:00 UTC | #398266

sundiver's Avatar Comment 21 by sundiver

Sorry, quoting from a spotty memory. Personally, if there is an afterlife, I'd be more inclined to ask why so many followers were such utter dipshits.

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:33:00 UTC | #398295

Roland_F's Avatar Comment 22 by Roland_F

Funny also the Google advertisements on the bottom row of the video for some URL's :
- learn Biblical Hebrew