← Wired Science News for Your Neurons Top Scientific Breakthroughs of 2009

Wired Science News for Your Neurons Top Scientific Breakthroughs of 2009 - Comments

JustBusiness's Avatar Comment 1 by JustBusiness

So whats the word? I'm more of a business guy than scientist. Is it a fairly comprehensive list? It seems rather impressive to me...

Sat, 02 Jan 2010 23:30:00 UTC | #427865

frederickfarrell's Avatar Comment 2 by frederickfarrell

well I'd only heard of a few of those, shame on me for reading so little in 09. I wasn't even aware of gene therapy! woops.

Sun, 03 Jan 2010 00:55:00 UTC | #427904

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 3 by rod-the-farmer

There is a real market for extra-heavy elements, from the manufacturers of non-tip drinking glasses.

Sun, 03 Jan 2010 12:03:00 UTC | #428020

King of NH's Avatar Comment 4 by King of NH

Awesome idea, rod-the-farmer! With the long life drug, gene therapy, and cancer breathalyzer I can now drink well into my 120's without accidentally knocking over my beer. Too bad the retirement age will be increased to 150 now.

Looking through the list, I feel a little guilty of my egocentric complaints of 2009. 2009 was an awesome year, even if not for me. Way to go science!

Sun, 03 Jan 2010 17:22:00 UTC | #428073

ChicagoMolly's Avatar Comment 5 by ChicagoMolly

Brilliant! Physicists are still doing righteous good science with little bitty cyclotrons! This puppy would probably get lost in one of the broom closets at CERN.

Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:51:00 UTC | #428114

Mithracalin's Avatar Comment 6 by Mithracalin

I really do enjoy these types of stories, I find myself often woefully ignorant of scientific progress and research. I'm sure much of the general public here in America can sympathize with my predicament.

Articles like this one I feel are very important in renewing peoples excitement and wonder at just how far science is able to take us. I know that they help me to remember just why I like science so much and why it's a preferable explanation for the world rather than the supernatural alternative.

Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:32:00 UTC | #428129