← Arkansas School Board Member Says Gay Students Should "Get AIDS and Die"

Arkansas School Board Member Says Gay Students Should "Get AIDS and Die" - Comments

AlphaAndΩmegaman's Avatar Comment 1 by AlphaAndΩmegaman

What a horrible person. Surely he cannot maintain his job after saying that. I know people who have been fired from their job for things they have said on Facebook.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:14:49 UTC | #539028

Prankster's Avatar Comment 2 by Prankster

Is the word "cunt" allowed on here? If so then great, cause basically that's all this hate mongering piece of shit actually is a cunt-some fucked up fascist retard who needs to be:

1) fired with immediate effect

2) brought to book and possibly prosecuted under "hate crimes" for the shit dribbling out of that open sewer he calls a mouth.

What a bastard.....

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:17:55 UTC | #539031

Ernst-Jan's Avatar Comment 3 by Ernst-Jan

These people have the astounding ability to exceed even the most savage caricatures we can dream up about them.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:18:16 UTC | #539032

hitchens_jnr's Avatar Comment 4 by hitchens_jnr

(Sarcasm Mode engaged)

Another wonderful example of Christian love. How can anyone seriously doubt that Christianity makes you a better person?

(Sarcasm Mode disabled).

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:18:24 UTC | #539033

SaganTheCat's Avatar Comment 5 by SaganTheCat

he should certainly be fired but thanks to facebook he'll certainly get known for his views. At the very least the parents who send their kids here should be made aware

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:18:54 UTC | #539034

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 6 by Stafford Gordon

He sounds like a gay in denial.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:22:16 UTC | #539035

Cartomancer's Avatar Comment 7 by Cartomancer

Charming fellow isn't he?

I suppose it's a good thing that he's so vocal in his bigotry. Now we can see what sort of vileness he stands for, and take action to get him fired as soon as possible. Were he to keep it to himself, we'd probably be none the wiser and his cancerous views would be allowed to blight the educational policy of Arkansas without challenge.

But it takes a very small person indeed to show that much mean-spirited hatred for people who haven't caused him harm in any way. How marvelously religion narrows the mind and makes mice out of men.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:28:18 UTC | #539037

Anvil's Avatar Comment 8 by Anvil

Jesus H Christ! I know, it's hardly a laughing matter, but I've just read out paragraph six aloud to the rest of the office and everyone is rolling around on the floor!

What the betting it's only a matter of time before he is found in a brothel with an under-age prostitute and three naked priests?

Still, as they say, every cloud... I've been trying all day to come up with an idea for a local health campaign here in the north of England, and I now can't get this out of my head:

"Being a fag may not ruin the rest of your life - but having one may."

Cheers Clint.

"When all you can do is 'Point and Laugh', just 'Point and laugh'"

Anvil.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:32:30 UTC | #539043

T-Porter's Avatar Comment 9 by T-Porter

I guess he's preparing for a career in politics.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:42:16 UTC | #539048

JumpinJackFlash's Avatar Comment 10 by JumpinJackFlash

15,000 in medical experiments.

This guy should maybe pick up a freaking history book.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:52:26 UTC | #539049

AndersO's Avatar Comment 11 by AndersO

Oh, I'm so grabbing the popcorn and waiting for this guy to be caught pants down in a public bathroom with a male hooker. You can almost hear his desperation for some good cock from here. He will of course have to make the obligatory public statement afterwards: that he's really completely heterosexual

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:56:44 UTC | #539051

LukeTBrown's Avatar Comment 12 by LukeTBrown

Sounds like something only a closet homosexual would say, to be honest.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:57:08 UTC | #539052

bren13240's Avatar Comment 13 by bren13240

I've never been so physically upset over an article. I'm speechless. Needless to say I put him in a WORSE category than the WBC clan. At least they admit they're no better than anyone...

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:58:36 UTC | #539053

GermanHumanist's Avatar Comment 14 by GermanHumanist

People like him are precisely the reason why LGBT awareness and tolerance still need to be promoted.

It will probably never change the minds of backwater Bible-belt school officials, but at least they'll be met with strong resistance and won't be able to spread their toxic hate speech with such success.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:59:50 UTC | #539055

Kalex's Avatar Comment 15 by Kalex

FYI, school board members are elected so he can't be fired. This piece of scum will be around until his term is up, and my guess his homobigotry will only help in the next election.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:00:08 UTC | #539056

jackal's Avatar Comment 16 by jackal

Comment 2 by Prankster : A man in a position of power uttering dangerous homophobic garbage like this, well it's sickening really.

You can use "cunt" to insult people, but when you attach the word "cunt" to a twisted homophobe like McCance, you're insulting women, not McCance. My cunt is a perfectly natural, healthy part of my body that has a prominent role in my sex-life - a positive part of my and my spouse's lives. There's nothing to be gained by maligning vaginas by associating them with a hateful, dogmatic bigot like McCance.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:02:43 UTC | #539058

wiz220's Avatar Comment 17 by wiz220

Two words, CLOSET CASE!

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:08:47 UTC | #539060

GermanHumanist's Avatar Comment 18 by GermanHumanist

Comment 17 by wiz220 :

Two words, CLOSET CASE!

definitely. I think we've all lost count how many moralizing gay-bashers have eventually been outed, haven't we...

To me, the only conceivable reason why somebody would hate gays that much is still that LGBT people make them uncomfortable about their own sexuality. They fear that they might be gay themselves, and by way of what psychiatrists call externalization, they project their fears about themselves onto other people. Thus, the fight against their own feared urges becomes one against other people who openly celebrate them.

Enter religion, by the way... it's no coincidence that these closet cases are often on the face of it staunch Christian Conservatives... because in their sexual confusion, it helps them to join forces with "like-minded" sexually repressed people who also vociferously condemn homosexuality.

If you are secure in your own sexuality, whatever that may be, I think you feel no need to discriminate against gay people based on their sexual preference.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:18:13 UTC | #539063

Tyler Durden's Avatar Comment 19 by Tyler Durden

"Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide. The only way I'm wearin' it for them is if they all commit suicide," McCance said, in one of the most ugly outbursts in recent memory. "I can't believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed themselves because of their sin."

I tweeted this to Keith Olbermann on MSNBC (and Katie Couric on CBS News, who wore purple last week specifically for Spirt Day) - let's hope Olbermann names McCance in his 'Worst Persons in the World' segment very soon.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:29:33 UTC | #539067

sara g's Avatar Comment 20 by sara g

Well we knew some of them were thinking it. Now that someone has voiced it the less extreme conservatives can't deny the idea is out there. There are quite a lot of nice people who are infected with some very bad ideas. My hope is this shit might shock a few of them into seeing their own homophobia for cruel hatefulness it really is.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:40:20 UTC | #539071

Mette's Avatar Comment 21 by Mette

This is absolutely revolting.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:56:07 UTC | #539073

crookedshoes's Avatar Comment 22 by crookedshoes

Once again, i am not offended by his language. I am offended by his sentiment. Word are not what is offensive here. It is the hate being spewed by this sewer of a human being. Vote him out and use this as a rallying point to vote these awful awful humans out of positions of power. I hope that this marks the low point for this type of "PUBLIC SERVANT". How dare he. How fucking dare he.

I wore purple all week to let my student body know loud and clear that a large heterosexual man has the backs of any kid being bullied for any reason.

@ jackal As for any word, including cunt... I am always caught off guard by the number of people offended by words. I am offended by actions, by sentiment, by meaning. This man (again, a word that really doesn't apply) needs to have his words fed back to him and see that there is, in fact repercussions to bigotry.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:59:59 UTC | #539075

robotaholic's Avatar Comment 23 by robotaholic

I hope he does not get HIV or commit suicide. He just needs the stinging feeling of being slapped to his senses. He just needs to grow up...and be removed from the school board of course.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:05:05 UTC | #539078

jhm's Avatar Comment 24 by jhm

Just because I just saw it: The color PURPLE is a trademark of 3M.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:11:39 UTC | #539081

Prankster's Avatar Comment 25 by Prankster

@ Jackal

OK then, apologies for any insults to women but words fail me when dealing with shithouses like this guy.

I long for the day when he's caught in a compromising position, pants down in a seedy hotel room with a rent boy or two. Fuck, if that happens I'd pay to see it, buy everyone on here a ticket and throw in the popcorn and sweeties for free.

Evil vile repugnant slimy little fuck. I truly hope if this is any justice in this world or the next (providing it exists) he burns for eternity.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:18:30 UTC | #539084

Sci_Guy_Bri's Avatar Comment 26 by Sci_Guy_Bri

(sitting slack-jawed at the computer screen) Are we sure this isn't an Onion article?

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:21:06 UTC | #539085

Stevehill's Avatar Comment 27 by Stevehill

If he's elected, it's the voters who put him there who should examine their consciences.

If I were a student with Midland School District, I'd be leading a strike from school to last until he resigned: something to make the dumb-as-fuck redneck parents realise their lazy idiotic voting choices have consequences.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:27:06 UTC | #539088

InYourFaceNewYorker's Avatar Comment 28 by InYourFaceNewYorker

Don't be so naive. He's in the Bible Belt. Probably a lot of parents will enthusiastically cheer him on.

Julie

Comment 5 by Daniel Clear :

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:33:49 UTC | #539091

crookedshoes's Avatar Comment 29 by crookedshoes

BTW --- i just signed the petition to have him removed. I hope he chokes n it. I'd go further and if I live in his district, I'd call for a boycott of whatever business he owns/runs. OUT DAMN SPOT!

I wonder if the klan meeting let out early that night.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:35:52 UTC | #539093

Ivan The Not So Bad's Avatar Comment 30 by Ivan The Not So Bad

The lady doth protest too much.

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:40:30 UTC | #539096