← Happy Birthday to Richard Dawkins

Happy Birthday to Richard Dawkins - Comments

Garnetstar's Avatar Comment 1 by Garnetstar

Happy Birthday Richard! From me.

Many thanks for all your books, lectures, and other work, which have been so influential in my life.

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:29:25 UTC | #607165

NewEnglandBob's Avatar Comment 2 by NewEnglandBob

Happy birthday professor.

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:42:07 UTC | #607172

A Posteriori's Avatar Comment 3 by A Posteriori

Wish you all the best!

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:43:00 UTC | #607173

Noor Kabir's Avatar Comment 4 by Noor Kabir

Thank God that you exist ;)...... You are really an eye opener.I really appreciate your life effort in the field of evolution. Happy birthday to you...these days I'm reading "The greatest show on earth"..."love all your books.

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:46:03 UTC | #607175

Nicole85's Avatar Comment 5 by Nicole85

Happy Birthday Richard! You're an inspiring and charming man. Many happy returns.

~Nicole~

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:53:06 UTC | #607176

deltakilo's Avatar Comment 6 by deltakilo

Professor, you have taught me not only to hate religion with a passion, but I feel the more important impact you have had on my life has been the more positive. Through your work, I have learned to passionately love science. In fact, I learned more about evolution from The God Delusion (the first of your books I read) than I had from years of "biology" classes. Throughout my life, I had never considered any person to be an inspiration to me. Well, rest assured that the first time i picked up The God Delusion, I saw myself reflected in its shiny cover. Here's to your great contribution to humanity's body of knowledge, and to centuries worth of knowledge built upon that.

In reason, and with love, Daniel.

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:56:08 UTC | #607177

Mark Jones's Avatar Comment 7 by Mark Jones

MHR, Richard!

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:56:57 UTC | #607179

Fouad Boussetta's Avatar Comment 8 by Fouad Boussetta

Happy Birthday professor. Thanks for giving the example.

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:59:51 UTC | #607182

Cosmin's Avatar Comment 9 by Cosmin

Happy birthday, professor Dawkins! Keep on inspiring us, promoting science and reason and be the great fellow that you are!

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:59:53 UTC | #607183

David Buchan's Avatar Comment 10 by David Buchan

Happy birthday Richard! Keep up the good work. You know we all love you,only god does not. :-)

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:03:16 UTC | #607186

maria melo's Avatar Comment 11 by maria melo

Think of the odes that Professor Dawkins wouldn´t have been born (even his beloved father and mother,,,) and I can´t imagine ghosts of hiself greater than him. Congratulations !

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:15:13 UTC | #607190

sara g's Avatar Comment 12 by sara g

Happy Birthday. I hope you understand that many lives have been made richer because you were born. That is the kind of legacy the best of us hope for.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:16:30 UTC | #607192

chris_moscow's Avatar Comment 13 by chris_moscow

Happy Birthday Richard! Let's hope for many, many more. I hope that you truly appreciate what a fantastic impact you've had, and are having, on people's lives - certainly mine, and many people I know. You're a great hero, an absolute inspiration, and our species is so much the richer for being able to count you among us.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:16:56 UTC | #607193

Philoctetes                                        's Avatar Comment 14 by Philoctetes

Many happy returns and thanks for all the pearls of wisdom. Such a worthwhile life and contribution to reason and enlightenment. I'll stop before this descends into complete vomit inducing sycophancy.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:18:01 UTC | #607194

Alan Canon's Avatar Comment 15 by Alan Canon

Wishing you many, many happy returns of the day, Professor Dawkins. It was a great day for planet Earth when you arrived on the scene. A poem I wrote for Richard years ago:

A Scientist loves science

as flowers love a bee

spreading flower essence

as rafts upon a sea.

Hurrah for Richard Dawkins!

Volley, shout his name!

For jolly well he's taught us

and justly won his fame.

May his memes fly round us

with notions good as his

while genes combine to ground us

and goodness thank'ed is.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:19:50 UTC | #607196

Hyder's Avatar Comment 16 by Hyder

Happy Birthday Dr Dawkins. You are indeed an enlightening, intelligent and a charming man. Many happy returns of the day.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:20:06 UTC | #607197

jameshogg's Avatar Comment 17 by jameshogg

Happy Birthday Richard Dawkins! Hope you have a good one.

Did you know that you only need 23 people in a forum to post under a birthday thread before it becomes likely (over 50%) that any 2 of them share a birthday? There are two of them here definitely, and one of them is Richard I can tell you ;)

Yeah, asshole-mode over, it's my b-day too >.>

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:21:13 UTC | #607198

Steve Zara's Avatar Comment 18 by Steve Zara

I share the same birthday.

Many happy returns, Richard. It's no exaggeration to say that in the past 10 years you have helped change the world, and made atheism a part of everyday discussion, and a force in politics. May the next 10 be as amazing, for all our sakes.

Steve

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:24:07 UTC | #607200

HappyPrimate's Avatar Comment 19 by HappyPrimate

A very happy birthday Richard. I wish you many more celebrations of your birth. Thanks for all you've done and continue to do to bring science and reason to this world. You are a treasure for all of humanity.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:26:45 UTC | #607202

jameshogg's Avatar Comment 20 by jameshogg

Comment 18 by Steve Zara :

I share the same birthday.

:o THREE people!? Brb conversion to God.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:29:18 UTC | #607204

Rectorek's Avatar Comment 21 by Rectorek

Happy Birthday Prof. Dawkins

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:32:15 UTC | #607206

helen sotiriadis's Avatar Comment 22 by helen sotiriadis

χρόνια πολλά!

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:36:52 UTC | #607207

erindorothy's Avatar Comment 23 by erindorothy

Happy birthday Richard. Thank you so much for everything you've done for us all. Hope your day goes very well.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:45:59 UTC | #607213

LunaLovegood's Avatar Comment 24 by LunaLovegood

Happy birthday!

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:49:13 UTC | #607216

maria melo's Avatar Comment 25 by maria melo

Happy birthday (the three of you) !

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:00:58 UTC | #607219

thepoetryofreality's Avatar Comment 26 by thepoetryofreality

Happy birthday Dr. Dawkins! Best wishes from Turkey...

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:09:24 UTC | #607224

the great teapot's Avatar Comment 27 by the great teapot

Jesus Christ, So the suns gone around the earth another 365 times.big deal.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:16:28 UTC | #607227

areeves's Avatar Comment 28 by areeves

Happy Birthday from Australia.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:23:04 UTC | #607232

that1weirdkid's Avatar Comment 29 by that1weirdkid

Happy birthday, Richard! The world is a brighter place with you here.

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:32:20 UTC | #607233

InYourFaceNewYorker's Avatar Comment 30 by InYourFaceNewYorker

Attention, everyone! Richard Dawkins is 70! That's right: SEVEN-OH! Now let's all send him year's supply of chewing gum and pictures of people wearing backwards-pointing baseball caps!

In all seriousness...

Richard, I wish you the very best! Your writing is amazing and fascinating and you are making the world a better place. Happy birthday!

Regards,