← Happy birthday, Christopher Hitchens

Happy birthday, Christopher Hitchens - Comments

Absinthius's Avatar Comment 1 by Absinthius

Amen to that. or some such expression..

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:08:55 UTC | #614926

Alakrit's Avatar Comment 2 by Alakrit

Hopefully there will be several more to come (even with the cancer).

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:10:44 UTC | #614927

Lucullus's Avatar Comment 3 by Lucullus

Happy Birthday Mr. Hitchens

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:11:50 UTC | #614928

Am I Evil?'s Avatar Comment 4 by Am I Evil?

Happy birthday Hitch, missing attending your London debates!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:19:55 UTC | #614932

skiles1's Avatar Comment 5 by skiles1

Happy birthday, Hitch!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:25:17 UTC | #614935

Fouad Boussetta's Avatar Comment 6 by Fouad Boussetta

Happy birthday Mr.Hitchens! I'm following your prolific writings on Twitter; just read the one about Robert Mugabe. Very interesting! All the best.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:25:35 UTC | #614936

Lapithes's Avatar Comment 7 by Lapithes

Felicitations on your birthday, our dearest Christopher Hitchens!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:35:04 UTC | #614939

keithapm's Avatar Comment 8 by keithapm

Happy Birthday, Hitch!

I read God is Not Great while loitering on the threshold between belief and non-belief. It gave me that gentle little nudge out the door I needed. For that, and much else, I thank you.

Keith

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:37:53 UTC | #614940

OS-CA's Avatar Comment 9 by OS-CA

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Geburtstag Mr. Hitchens! Thank you for what you do and who you are. Olaf

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:39:59 UTC | #614941

Mark Jones's Avatar Comment 10 by Mark Jones

Genuinely many happy returns to the Hitch.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:41:07 UTC | #614942

mgjinich's Avatar Comment 11 by mgjinich

Happy birthday, Christopher!

I wish you a fast recovery. You have no idea how much we admire you, down here in Mexico. Actually you have a huge fans club. We send you a big hug.

Un muy fuerte abrazo y feliz cumpleaños.

Maria

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:42:08 UTC | #614943

stellier68's Avatar Comment 12 by stellier68

Joyeux anniversaire M. Hitchens et surtout, bonne santé!

From your "virtual" friends in Canada

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:05:47 UTC | #614952

Irene sirene's Avatar Comment 13 by Irene sirene

Cheers to a great man!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:06:20 UTC | #614953

vaister's Avatar Comment 14 by vaister

Mr. Hitchens! Feliz cumpleaños desde Colombia! I wish you many years more here with us people of the world. We need you, we love you. You are my personal hero. What you do is pure altruism. Listening to you talking and debating Is one of the pleasures of life. Get well soon. You are the greatest. With love, MAC (Movimiento Antiteista Colombiano)

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:12:20 UTC | #614955

robaylesbury's Avatar Comment 15 by robaylesbury

A man's man, a thinker's thinker, a captain of truth. Happy birthday Christopher.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:12:51 UTC | #614956

MackTheTemp's Avatar Comment 16 by MackTheTemp

Happy Birthday :)

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:15:12 UTC | #614960

Ungodly1's Avatar Comment 17 by Ungodly1

Happy Birthday, Christopher! You have been, and continue to be, an inspiration to me. I hope you are with us for a long time. You probably have several more wonderful books inside you to put into print, each of which will immediately go onto my must-read list!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:28:52 UTC | #614962

Erik Andreas's Avatar Comment 18 by Erik Andreas

Happy birthday, Christopher!

Hope the matter that momentarily come together to make you stick together for many years still.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:30:53 UTC | #614963

AtheistEgbert's Avatar Comment 19 by AtheistEgbert

Professor Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, sirs, you both continue to inspire me. And you should both be knighted, if that were not itself so ironic!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:31:49 UTC | #614965

kyle_watts's Avatar Comment 20 by kyle_watts

I can't tell you how many times I've jumped in my chair and fist pumped when I watch you completely eviscerate some theologian's dull and paper thin argument. Your whit, humor, intelligence and clarity of mind set you apart from so many others, not to mention you'd make a kickass dinner guest. I will stop and order a shot of Johnnie Walker and say "HERE IS TO HITCHENS YOU OLD BEAUTIFUL BASTARD!"

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:33:17 UTC | #614966

Checkmate's Avatar Comment 21 by Checkmate

A man of hilarious wit, profound words and mesmerising opinions.

Although you won't see this I hope Mr Hitchens all the best for the future, new and exciting challenges, a happy birthday and of course a clean recover from cancer (though my words are of little benefit).

Your fan,

Shane

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:37:43 UTC | #614968

geckoman's Avatar Comment 22 by geckoman

As they say in Scotland : "Go on yersel, big man." None of us Scots actually know what it means but the sentiment is friendly. Well, non-threatening anyway.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:49:58 UTC | #614972

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 23 by Stafford Gordon

Many happy returns sir.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:56:37 UTC | #614974

hermione_50's Avatar Comment 24 by hermione_50

Happy birthday, sir. Your "god is not Great" helped me come to my senses after years of wasting my time and my health with religion. I will never be able to thank you enough. Get well soon! Many happy returns.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:15:49 UTC | #614983

intenso's Avatar Comment 25 by intenso

Much love, Hitch.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:25:22 UTC | #614988

cristinabories's Avatar Comment 26 by cristinabories

I will drink to your health tonight. My husband's best single malt! Happy Birthday.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:36:58 UTC | #614994

reasonandfreedom's Avatar Comment 27 by reasonandfreedom

Happy Birthday from Brazil! Saúde!

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:41:06 UTC | #614997

jfm2301's Avatar Comment 28 by jfm2301

and Happy Birthday from BC Canada

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:45:05 UTC | #614998

Lamanda's Avatar Comment 29 by Lamanda

Happy birthday from Finland! Looking forward to reading you for many years still.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:48:34 UTC | #615002

biorays's Avatar Comment 30 by biorays

I first came across Christopher after ordering RDs collection of 'The Four Horsemen' DVDs. In the company of giant intellects he had something very 'stylishly wise' about him. You could never get the subliminal power of this from simpIy listening to or reading about him. I failed to twig what it was initially, that could be so convincingly rational about 'style'. I suspect he blended himself like a fine distillation into something that sieved out all of those things born of bullshit and gradually converged upon his own unique blend of the rationally numinous in a world oft so absent of it amongst humans. How ironic, I say, that a man so absent theism, oozes all of its aquirable transcendental aspirational qualities and parcels them to within a single lifetime - frees them of serfdom to millennia of commercial and political enterprises, shirking their attempts to enslave and extrapolate them into some afterlife mythological pain impostor and then shows the rest of us how its done. This man is real - the imagination is not left to chance!

Is there an art gallery in existence that conveys such a concept?

The Hitch, to me, is a walking art gallery usurping the inherited dogma of multiple histories! You could not capture this personification of liberation from consciousness slavery, except in the life lived of such a man walking, living, breathing and communicating it outwardly.

May happiness return to you time and again Christopher.

Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:51:28 UTC | #615005