← Richard Dawkins & Mr. and Mrs. Louis J. Appignani of Jackson Hole Wyoming

Richard Dawkins & Mr. and Mrs. Louis J. Appignani of Jackson Hole Wyoming - Comments

stylofone's Avatar Comment 1 by stylofone

Wow, those mountains are spectacular. Sorry, this comment has nothing to do with reason, science, critical thinking etc., but there's always room for some appreciation of the beauty of nature too!

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 03:07:17 UTC | #848093

skiles1's Avatar Comment 2 by skiles1

Your pictures have reminded me of how desperately I need to take my daughter out west on a camping trip. I haven't been near Grand Teton since about 1997; it is definitely one of the meccas of the American summer.

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 03:55:36 UTC | #848096

Hel's Avatar Comment 3 by Hel

Philosopher?? I don't think so.

Hel

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 09:03:35 UTC | #848133

HardNosedSkeptic's Avatar Comment 4 by HardNosedSkeptic

Comment 3 by Hel :

internationally recognized as a leading philosopher, biologist and secular moralist, former Professor at Oxford Philosopher?? I don't think so.

Hel

Yes, I thought that was a bit strange as well. I don't know where they got philosopher from. Richard is much better known as a writer and educator.

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:48:57 UTC | #848156

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 5 by Stafford Gordon

I don't think the Professor will necessary take kindly to being called a Philosopher; except that it might be said that his philosophy is to extract ones cranium from ones rectum when it comes to reality, nature and natural selection.

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:59:26 UTC | #848158

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 6 by Stafford Gordon

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:09:39 UTC | #848161

fuzzylogic's Avatar Comment 7 by fuzzylogic

I think the God Delusion qualifies as a philosophical work, at least in some chapters. Philosopher is not a pejorative!

Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:50:50 UTC | #848751

AnthropicConstance's Avatar Comment 8 by AnthropicConstance

My single reading of "The God Delusion" confirms that Richard knows his stuff about philosophy, but what perhaps many haven't noticed is the tiny word on the back cover designating the category of the book for shelving: "Religion."

Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:30:19 UTC | #848784

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 9 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:55:12 UTC | #849096

SaucyLark's Avatar Comment 10 by SaucyLark

At the bookstores I frequent, The God Delusion is always in the philosophy section, with Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:02:21 UTC | #849463

Atropa's Avatar Comment 11 by Atropa

Isn't the Prof amazing. How the nitwits can say that he is aggressive and strident amazes me at one level and does not at another (does that make me schizoid?). His TV series, available on DVDs, "Enemies of Reason" should be in every school library. He deserves a place with Darwin, Sagan, Hitchens etc in the pantheon (joke intended)

Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:14:07 UTC | #849826

mattlennon's Avatar Comment 12 by mattlennon

Spying on Moose and Squirrel? Is this Richard Dawkins or Boris Badinov?

Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:57:26 UTC | #849924

dandelion fluff's Avatar Comment 13 by dandelion fluff

Spying on Moose and Squirrel? Is this Richard Dawkins or Boris Badinov?

Ha! Thanks for the grins!

Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:38:11 UTC | #849937

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 14 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:11:11 UTC | #850502

Hendrix is my gOD's Avatar Comment 15 by Hendrix is my gOD

Comment 8 by AnthropicConstance

I found it in the Science section of the bookstore and that's a good thing because i wouldn't be caught dead in the religion section.

Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:16:16 UTC | #851575

AncientAtheist's Avatar Comment 16 by AncientAtheist

I was up there - 43 years ago this month! It was beautiful then, and still looks lovely. Nice to know there are some freethinkers in that part of the country.

But the SHIRT! NO! Just wear a Hawaiian shirt or a California shirt or a London shirt. Please...

Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:21:28 UTC | #852830

wahee's Avatar Comment 17 by wahee

I liked the shirt, when in Rome an all.

Sat, 23 Jul 2011 18:35:21 UTC | #853198

The Plc's Avatar Comment 18 by The Plc

No need for the slap in the face by describing him as a philosopher, even they do imply that he's one of the few philosophers worth listening too.

Mon, 25 Jul 2011 01:41:43 UTC | #853679

DamnDirtyApe's Avatar Comment 19 by DamnDirtyApe

Just been camping in Teton myself. Happy days, aside from the almost-getting-eaten-by-bears of it all. :)

Sat, 30 Jul 2011 06:57:24 UTC | #855763

mklim's Avatar Comment 20 by mklim

Prof Dawkins,

Have you ever thought of visiting Kuala Lumpur one day? Would love to be your host.

Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:11:29 UTC | #859700