← Austrian driver's religious headgear strains credulity

Austrian driver's religious headgear strains credulity - Comments

SaganTheCat's Avatar Comment 1 by SaganTheCat

praise his noodly appendages

if this story doesn't prove his existance beyond doubt I honestly don't know what will (not that the faithful need "proof")

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:18:28 UTC | #849337

God fearing Atheist's Avatar Comment 2 by God fearing Atheist

Brilliant! Good luck Niko, I hope Austria recognises Pastafarianism as a religion. I hope the religious will get the point (even if they are going to hate it!!!!)

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:21:21 UTC | #849338

-TheCodeCrack-'s Avatar Comment 3 by -TheCodeCrack-

haha, love it!

Pastafarian rights all the way!

Any food that isn't of spaghetti should be immediately removed from the shelves as it is massively offensive.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:24:01 UTC | #849342

ev-love's Avatar Comment 4 by ev-love

"Self-confessed" ?

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:26:16 UTC | #849344

Rosbif's Avatar Comment 5 by Rosbif

Excellent!

But imagine the outrage if a religonut was asked do undergo a psychological test becasue they wore head gear in a photo?

Austrian authorities are obviously pastophobes.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:30:46 UTC | #849346

Volde-Mart's Avatar Comment 6 by Volde-Mart

Comment 3 by -TheCodeCrack- :

You're such an extremist! I would also leave garlic bread, vegetarian meatballs (see avatar), and a variety of sauces and toppings. And ice cream. But I am sort of polytheistic.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:32:19 UTC | #849348

C.Wood's Avatar Comment 7 by C.Wood

Don't we get to see his photo? Would love to see how a pastafarian looks :D

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:36:42 UTC | #849349

Atheist Mike's Avatar Comment 8 by Atheist Mike

That's hilarious!

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:38:28 UTC | #849350

SoHelpMeReason's Avatar Comment 9 by SoHelpMeReason

An Austrian atheist has won the right to be shown on his driving-licence photo wearing a pasta strainer as "religious headgear".

I rolled on the floor, I kid you not! HA HA HA HA HA HA! I'm STILL recovering!

NEW HERO.

Prophet Richard Dawkins! I command You to grant this fine man sainthood! ;)

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:40:07 UTC | #849351

ev-love's Avatar Comment 10 by ev-love

Oh, I see: he is claiming to be a 'Pastafarian', so in this context "self-confessed atheist" is correct. sorry!

ev-love

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:43:17 UTC | #849352

SoHelpMeReason's Avatar Comment 11 by SoHelpMeReason

Ooo! Ooo! Next atheist convention: new mandatory dress code!

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:47:33 UTC | #849353

Planetary Paul's Avatar Comment 12 by Planetary Paul

ROTFLMAO-seizure here. With people like this there must be hope for the world still ;-)

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:48:44 UTC | #849354

Dr. monster's Avatar Comment 13 by Dr. monster

glad to see that pastafarians are finally getting the recognition they deserve for all their good work in the pasta eating community. surely tax exemption is the next logical step. if the druids can get it we can too

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:53:19 UTC | #849356

inquisador's Avatar Comment 14 by inquisador

For more details on certain harvest festival rites and rituals concerning the church of the flying spaghetti monster, see this important film by the pastafarian prophet - Richard Dimbleby.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:54:12 UTC | #849358

IworshipRD's Avatar Comment 15 by IworshipRD

When will this new headgear be available in the RD store? This will greatly increase my loving relationship with his noodliness! Pastafari!!

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:59:08 UTC | #849362

hemidemisemigod's Avatar Comment 16 by hemidemisemigod

Strozzapreti!

This story is just too hilarious to be true.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:00:44 UTC | #849364

Cartomancer's Avatar Comment 17 by Cartomancer

This made me laugh. That is a good thing. I don't laugh very much these days.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:01:41 UTC | #849365

dandelion fluff's Avatar Comment 18 by dandelion fluff

"Rejection of dogma"? What happened to the pirates? (I can't get on the site - it says there's a data error.)

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:07:42 UTC | #849369

Vorlund's Avatar Comment 19 by Vorlund

Fuck me, I nearly broke 3 ribs laughing.

Is it true?

Great blow for the stupidity of religious observance, now he ought to insist on the grounds of equality that all other religious tossers who have to wear headgear submit to a medical examination to show they are psychologically fit to drive!

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:23:11 UTC | #849372

weavehole's Avatar Comment 20 by weavehole

ラメン to that.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:33:20 UTC | #849376

ridelo's Avatar Comment 21 by ridelo

There should be a Nobel prize for such ideas. Hail pasta!

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:34:52 UTC | #849377

hypnoticbob's Avatar Comment 22 by hypnoticbob

I'm sensing discrimination of the most ironic kind.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:35:57 UTC | #849378

Thor3's Avatar Comment 23 by Thor3

Great Stuff!

Alas, I do believe in the Walking Tagliatelle Monster (WTM) which is a moderate sidearm of the more extreme FSM. It is not helpful for us WTM-followers that such extrem measures of the FSMs discredit our just course.

There is only one pasta!

;-)

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:36:36 UTC | #849380

prettygoodformonkeys's Avatar Comment 24 by prettygoodformonkeys

...this is me clicking on the "Like" button. Love it!

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:38:58 UTC | #849381

digibud's Avatar Comment 25 by digibud

I find this offensive. For somebody to claim that some simple "pastafarian" nonsense constitutes a church is absurd and demeans the one true church that recognizes true Semolina. The purity of Semolina Pasta must be preserved and heretics such as this should be dealt with in the most severe sauce.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:46:01 UTC | #849384

prettygoodformonkeys's Avatar Comment 26 by prettygoodformonkeys

Might be time to re-post this bit of Scripture...

Verily, I say unto you that it shall come to pass that when the Antipasto has reigned for 1,000 years, and mankind has simmered in its own juices for all that time, then will the Cheeses return to earth "trailing clouds of Glorious Sauce", adorned by Precious Raymond, and attended by a host of exceedingly heavenly condiments, and He will judge us all, finding us either Al Dente or not Al Dente. And it shall come to pass that the most succulent of us shall drift skyward, along with one-half of every chair, each after its own kind, and they shall be guided by the two angels, Fusilli and Linguini, to gaze finally upon the noodly countenance of the FSM. It has been said of old that "No man can serve two pastas", and yet, lo, I say unto you that side salads shall be served, with Caesar dressing rendered unto those salads that are Caesars, and Romano spears of Brochetti shall cause the tomato sauce to flow from their sides. Those not chosen shall be simmered much longer, and must sit on the remaining half-chairs, with their Left Behinds. And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Anyone who adds a word to this, or takes away a word, shall be in danger of the Judgement: sent off without supper.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:46:34 UTC | #849385

Bipedal Primate's Avatar Comment 27 by Bipedal Primate

Comment 2 by God fearing Atheist :

My impression is that few faith heads possess a sense of humor. When they see something like this they'll probably just get confused, feel insulted, become angry with themselves because deep down they understand how stupid they really are, deny that last bit really hard and then project those feelings of hurt onto others through maiming, killing, raping women and children and finally making silly, silly demands from spineless politicians.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:54:58 UTC | #849386

-TheCodeCrack-'s Avatar Comment 28 by -TheCodeCrack-

Comment 6 by Volde-Mart :

Comment 3 by -TheCodeCrack- :

You're not a true Pastafarian; you are an infidel in my eyes. May the flying spaghetti monster show mercy on you.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:03:39 UTC | #849390

Quetzalcoatlus's Avatar Comment 29 by Quetzalcoatlus

Comment 23 by Thor3 :

Great Stuff!

There is only one pasta!

;-)

This is as close as you can get to blasfemy!! There is only one true FSM and to venerate another Pasta may not be tasty.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:16:15 UTC | #849391

Tintern's Avatar Comment 30 by Tintern

And to think that just a few short decades ago the Austrians were seen as a little bit intolerant of certain non-conformist religious leanings. Progress, I salute thee. After going along with everything to make this happen, this guy rules!!! Bring on the aboltion of tax exemmptions for religions as it gets silly (more silly) and out of hand.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:18:34 UTC | #849394