← In Memoriam: Ajita Kamal, 1978-2011

In Memoriam: Ajita Kamal, 1978-2011 - Comments

Bala's Avatar Comment 1 by Bala

A tragic loss to the freethought movement in India. He gave a platform for atheists and humanists from around India to voice their opinions freely both online and on-ground. We need to continue the amazing work he has been doing.

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:55:56 UTC | #907865

RationalThoughts.org's Avatar Comment 2 by RationalThoughts.org

We lost a great,young man promoting free-though in this country.. The entry of Ajita to India was a great boost to our movement. Now his untimely death is a real set back.

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:47:29 UTC | #907931

TeraBrat's Avatar Comment 3 by TeraBrat

I'm hoping there wasn't any foul play here.

Always sad when someone dies and doubly sad when they die too young.

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:03:35 UTC | #907953

KRKBAB's Avatar Comment 4 by KRKBAB

I wish there was more interest about Nirmukta and rationalism in India with people on RD.net. Every time there is something posted to this website about atheism/rationalism in India there is a noticeable lack of comments. I'm an American, but I have high hopes (AND interest) in India regarding their addictions to woo. And to echo TeraBrats comment, I also hope no foul play will be found in Ajita Kamal's death.

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:55:29 UTC | #908024

RSingh's Avatar Comment 5 by RSingh

20 people has f'liked it as of now. Thats significant considering rd.net is non-Indian site. I am an irregularvisitor to nirmukta site. Ajita's contribution was prolific there. He will be missed a lot.

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 04:22:08 UTC | #908118

Mrkimbo's Avatar Comment 6 by Mrkimbo

I agree with KRKBAB. India has several inspiring anti-religious traditions and they should be more widely known - India is often unfairly portrayed only as a country that often seems stuck in superstition. Like apostate Muslims these are brave people swimming against the tide, and deserve more acknowledgement and support. From an Anglo-Australian.

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:28:19 UTC | #908162

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 7 by aroundtown

I can understand the grief of losing someone you admire and appreciate. We have lost a freethinker and just recently suffered the loss of Hitchens and they come as blows to the psyche. I prefer at these times to rest in the knowledge that the work they started, the legacy, continues. The life cut short, while we mourn it, is a part of the natural world we live in and we all make that journey eventually. We strengthen ourselves when we view their lives for the positive aspects imparted to our conscious and time takes care of the rest in the healing process. We are, and I am, continuing his legacy at this very moment.

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:14:19 UTC | #908243

srikuppu's Avatar Comment 8 by srikuppu

Comment 3 by TeraBrat I'm hoping there wasn't any foul play here. Always sad when someone dies and doubly sad when they die too young.

[Link to personal blog removed by moderator]

Ajita published his article about Sai Baba as below http://nirmukta.com/2011/04/25/can-charity-preclude-criticism-sai-baba-pope-bill-gates/

Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:00:17 UTC | #950063