← Jesus and Mo on Ridicule

Jesus and Mo on Ridicule - Comments

Alan4discussion's Avatar Comment 1 by Alan4discussion

I love the metaphor "fundamental beliefs", as a more palatable description of "deeply ingrained bigotry"! It sounds so much more like semantic" 'fisticated feeology"!

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:46:08 UTC | #911355

Stephen of Wimbledon's Avatar Comment 2 by Stephen of Wimbledon

I have spent hours, and thousands of words, saying just this in the last 10 days.

Yet Jesus and Mo can put both sides of the argument in one simple cartoon.

Maybe I'm wasting my time?

Peace.

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:21:53 UTC | #911378

Metamag's Avatar Comment 3 by Metamag

Whoever does this cartoon is a very talented thinker. Every time he manages to accomplish perfect summary.

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:43:43 UTC | #911386

Jumped Up Chimpanzee's Avatar Comment 4 by Jumped Up Chimpanzee

Perfect!

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:44:06 UTC | #911387

hellosnackbar's Avatar Comment 5 by hellosnackbar

It's a valid empirical fact that it's standard Mohammedanspeak to play the rascist card on any event or complaint.

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:38:52 UTC | #911418

Peter Grant's Avatar Comment 6 by Peter Grant

http://cdn.nearlyfreespeech.net/jandmstatic/strips/2012-01-25.png Jesus and Mo on Ridicule

LOL :D

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:24:10 UTC | #911436

tboulay's Avatar Comment 7 by tboulay

uh.. maybe not the right place to ask, but Mohammed was actually Jewish right, I mean, originally, when growing up etc. like he wasn't an atheist and he wasn't a Christian; he was in fact Jewish right?

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:27:34 UTC | #911437

ShadowMind's Avatar Comment 8 by ShadowMind

The thing about multiculturalism that a lot of immigrants seem to miss is that, while they expect the locals to respect their beliefs/traditions, they also have to respect the local beliefs/traditions. I'm not saying that anyones beliefs/traditions are always worthy of respect, but it's a two-way street. That's the bit (in particular Middle-Eastern) immigrants often forget.

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:40:27 UTC | #911442

Acleron's Avatar Comment 9 by Acleron

Every new twist and turn in the present controversy over free speech, or rather the lack of it, has a perfect riposte in Jesus and Mo. Thank you, sometimes a picture is really worth a thousand words.

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:19:46 UTC | #911452

KRKBAB's Avatar Comment 10 by KRKBAB

The 3rd frame/box say's it all!

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:48:15 UTC | #911493

rationalmind's Avatar Comment 11 by rationalmind

Waiting for a train this evening I took out my phone came here and as I scrolled across to the final fram I just burst into laughter. The author is indeed brilliant to always think of a few words and a simple image to sum up the argument

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:05:57 UTC | #911527

Quetzalcoatlus's Avatar Comment 12 by Quetzalcoatlus

Comment 7 by tboulay :

Mohammed was raised in a non Jewish tribe, the fact his tribe was polytheist. At that time already Meca was an important pilgrim's center as many gods were represented in the ancient Kabba.

However there were several Jewish tribes on the Arab Peninsula. So he was aware of the monotheistic believes as well.

Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:07:02 UTC | #911656

tboulay's Avatar Comment 13 by tboulay

@Quetzalcoatlus

Sweet, thanks for the answer, I wasn't sure.

Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:03:11 UTC | #911868

Border Collie's Avatar Comment 14 by Border Collie

Just about sums it up.

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 02:08:43 UTC | #911905

Quetzalcoatlus's Avatar Comment 15 by Quetzalcoatlus

Comment 13 by tboulay :

@Quetzalcoatlus

Sweet, thanks for the answer, I wasn't sure.

no problemo