← How Religion is Like a Penis

How Religion is Like a Penis - Comments

strangebrew's Avatar Comment 1 by strangebrew

Amen!

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:37:13 UTC | #918853

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 2 by Cook@Tahiti

It's like those PETA ads that are calculated to cause outrage and thereby get free publicity. Whatever works.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:44:13 UTC | #918859

Neodarwinian's Avatar Comment 3 by Neodarwinian

Does that mean the religious are dicks?

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:44:13 UTC | #918860

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 4 by aroundtown

This was fun for a minute and then my way of thinking crept in. Sorry but as cute as the sign is, for me the idea that religion is OK to leave unchallenged is a problem. In many instances individuals who believe in religion make decisions that affect policy for the masses and they can base their decisions on myth's that are purported as truth. Just because they might keep their beliefs off the radar and unexpressed doesn't mean it becomes benign. It would be nice if they could keep it to themselves but this rarely occurs. I guess my being from America might have something to do with my thinking this way since religion gets a free pass at every turn here.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:55:01 UTC | #918866

Schrodinger's Cat's Avatar Comment 5 by Schrodinger's Cat

We don't need dicks......we have the Large Hardon Collider.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:03:00 UTC | #918871

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 6 by aroundtown

Comment 5 by Schrodinger's Cat We don't need dicks......we have the Large Hardon Collider.

Love it. Took me a minute to get the joke but it was great. +1

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:10:55 UTC | #918878

Jumped Up Chimpanzee's Avatar Comment 7 by Jumped Up Chimpanzee

It's also bollocks.

So sensitive that even the tiniest poke provokes hysterical screaming.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:16:03 UTC | #918884

Schrodinger's Cat's Avatar Comment 8 by Schrodinger's Cat

Comment 6 by aroundtown

Love it. Took me a minute to get the joke but it was great. +1

I do wish Richard Dawkins's publishers had left the mistake in whatever of his books it was in. It would have been almost as good as when a diary printed a list of 'Pubic Holidays'.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:17:25 UTC | #918886

rtfa's Avatar Comment 9 by rtfa

That last line has a lot of relevance to Catholic priests

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:03:10 UTC | #918907

cyleodonnell's Avatar Comment 10 by cyleodonnell

In this case, they should probably keep from shoving down their own children's throats, too.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:04:35 UTC | #918909

QuestioningKat's Avatar Comment 11 by QuestioningKat

Religion seems to be one big sausage fest. (Referring to the Jon Stewart video.)

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:12:38 UTC | #918912

quarecuss's Avatar Comment 12 by quarecuss

What a cockup religion is.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:35:25 UTC | #918925

xmaseveeve's Avatar Comment 13 by xmaseveeve

Reminds me of Banana Man.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:02:51 UTC | #918941

Crimbly's Avatar Comment 14 by Crimbly

Judging by my spam email box, everyone is trying to make theirs seem bigger than it actually is.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:18:40 UTC | #918948

Saikat Biswas's Avatar Comment 15 by Saikat Biswas

So I guess atheism is just castration ...

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:20:10 UTC | #918949

potteryshard's Avatar Comment 16 by potteryshard

Just add a line: "Its fine to think it matters."

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:21:04 UTC | #918950

Premiseless's Avatar Comment 17 by Premiseless

As the eunuch said to Excalibur,

"The pen-is mightier than the sword!"

As historic religious reenactments can display at castration ceremonies everywhere, coming soon to a place near you.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:39:04 UTC | #918959

TeraBrat's Avatar Comment 18 by TeraBrat

I love this!

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:51:05 UTC | #918963

hitchens_jnr's Avatar Comment 19 by hitchens_jnr

Penises have brought so much more joy to the world than religions.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:16:32 UTC | #918983

The Big Holey Cheese's Avatar Comment 20 by The Big Holey Cheese

This is cock on!

Religion is like a penis. Stroke it and it will grow.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:53:46 UTC | #918994

Tord M's Avatar Comment 21 by Tord M

I have a penis. And I really really feel very very insulted by having it compared to religion!!!

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:55:01 UTC | #918996

Claimthehighground's Avatar Comment 22 by Claimthehighground

Is anyone free to post, or is this... members only?

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:57:06 UTC | #918998

Claimthehighground's Avatar Comment 23 by Claimthehighground

Perhaps it was meant to be an anti-semitic billboard: After all, in The Merchant of Venice, Act 3 Scene 1, the Jew, Shylock says,"if you prick us, do we not bleed?"

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:08:42 UTC | #919000

Peter Grant's Avatar Comment 24 by Peter Grant

http://yfrog.com/esmvkyvj Religion is Like a Penis.

Saw this long ago, but it's still funny :D

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:49:30 UTC | #919011

SomersetJohn's Avatar Comment 25 by SomersetJohn

Comment 5 by Schrodinger's Cat :

We don't need dicks......we have the Large Hardon Collider.

But it doesn't do a lot for the poor small hadrons!

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:05:56 UTC | #919017

Relapsedatheist's Avatar Comment 26 by Relapsedatheist

I agree that people should keep their religious beliefs (or lack of them) to themselves. I only found out that Dawkins was an atheist by mining his wiki page. I also agree that the vast majority of human beings currently alive and almost every person who has ever lived are/were utter dicks. I would go are far as too say that anyone who doesn't have the Dawkins website on their favourites bar is a complete dick we should all despise. I really liked the use of peadophillic imagery as well (what's not funny about child abuse?), all in all a definite slap in the face of those idiotic faith-heads.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:36:05 UTC | #919030

AnthropicConstance's Avatar Comment 27 by AnthropicConstance

Comment 3 by Neodarwinian

Does that mean the religious are dicks?

Anyone on this thread remember the nickname for "Richard"?

If so, we might remember our manners.

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:32:53 UTC | #919059

BrightWhite's Avatar Comment 28 by BrightWhite

Comment 27 by AnthropicConstance :

Anyone on this thread remember the nickname for "Richard"?

Someone was finally thinking outside the bun!

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:22:39 UTC | #919070

Metamag's Avatar Comment 29 by Metamag

Comment 4 by aroundtown :

Exactly, I wish atheists would stop doing that, it doesn't make any sense.

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 01:58:01 UTC | #919092

Premiseless's Avatar Comment 30 by Premiseless

Comment 4 by aroundtown :

Ah the Bible belt?

10 thousand saw I at a glance Tossing their heads in a sprightly dance

And oft when on my bed I lie In vacant or in penis mood

I dance again with the daffo dildos.

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 08:48:44 UTC | #919129