← 15 Bible Texts Reveal Why “God’s Own Party” is at War with Women

15 Bible Texts Reveal Why “God’s Own Party” is at War with Women - Comments

notany's Avatar Comment 1 by notany

Very nice collection of quotes. I listened recently to a Valerie Tarico interview on the 3/4/2012 podcast of Ask An Atheist.

Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:16:06 UTC | #926151

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 2 by aroundtown

I am glad to have found another voice of reason and decent against religion. The fact that it is a female is refreshing too. We can certainly, both men and women, fight against this insanity and should be viewed as equals at all levels. Just reading these passages makes me cringe, it is so obvious these were made up in the mind of ancient men. I know that suggestions and opinions like mine can be viewed as intolerant and strident but there is no other view I can hold in describing this dribble. I find the propositions offensive to my core.

Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:11:39 UTC | #926180

Reality Enthusiast's Avatar Comment 3 by Reality Enthusiast

Valerie's videos on YouTube under her "TrustingDoubt" moniker (specifically the "God's Emotions" series) are some of the most enlightening and best presented videos I've ever seen on the subject of the origins of the psychological attributes of the Christian god. She asks questions and point out facts that are just devastating to the idea that such a god is likely to have an existence independent of human imagination. Not only that, but her tone is exemplary for any atheist who hopes to lead people out of religious delusion. She comes across as patient, genuinely caring, and humble.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 01:44:21 UTC | #926303

Quine's Avatar Comment 4 by Quine

Thanks, reality_enthusiast, I was glad to see she got right to the Golden Hemorrhoids story (my favorite) at the start of her first God's Emotions video.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 02:33:55 UTC | #926312

TIKI AL's Avatar Comment 5 by TIKI AL

I always had my suspicions that Jackie Gleason's catch phrase, "To the moon, Alice" originated in the Bible.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:08:59 UTC | #926432

notany's Avatar Comment 6 by notany

Yes, and Ricky spanking Lucy. Turned her right over his knee.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:16:43 UTC | #926497

Sjoerd Westenborg's Avatar Comment 7 by Sjoerd Westenborg

Reformer John Calvin: “Woman is more guilty than man, because she was seduced by Satan, [...] leading to all perdition. [...] This is reason enough why today she is placed below and that she bears within her ignominy and shame.”

Ah the sins of the mother..

Just a thought: think there has ever been an evangelist stupid enough to dream up a connection between mitochondria and inheriting sin/mortality through our mothers?

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:03:15 UTC | #926578

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 8 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:33:53 UTC | #937434

Chico2004's Avatar Comment 9 by Chico2004

Male dominated religions are so insidious. They pay "PC" lip service to the masses, in the hope we are happy things are moving forward; for not only Womens fundemantal rights, but all global issues.

America is supposed to be the leader of the freeworld. However, with recent articles, it seems they are falling from their mantle.

Will this ever end? Will Intelligence and education ever win, against all the sheeple on this planet?

I keep asking the question: I can question everything and make my own mind up....why can they?

I know...it wont happen in my lifetime, but mabey a few Millenia or more, my decendants will reap the rewards of our struggle.

Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:35:33 UTC | #946429