← Military Blocks Atheist Efforts to Feed Homeless

Military Blocks Atheist Efforts to Feed Homeless - Comments

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 1 by aquilacane

Wow, they really try hard to fuck with this effort and in such blatant hypocritical fashion. Social media these fuckers till the grave. Everyone involved in getting in the way must have their name so attached to being a bigoted douchebag, it is the only reference that will ever come up when their name is Googled.

Search For: Captain Shithead

Captain Shithead: The Fort Bragg douchebag who's religious bigotry... and so on

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:05:29 UTC | #930854

drumdaddy's Avatar Comment 2 by drumdaddy

Double standards everywhere we turn. The deck is stacked. They'll make us grind for every inch. We will grind. Peace, Justin.

I'd also like to ask posters to use civil language, even when angered. We're trying to make a splash and welcome new members and gain new viewers to the site, and not offend them with vulgarity when they arrive here. Gutter language never reflects well on the speaker, and it is not typical of RDF members in the forums here. Thanks.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:56:12 UTC | #930859

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 3 by Cook@Tahiti

Another example of Christians ignoring the teachings of Christ.

Amazing how plastic the human mind is: doctrines can be inverted 180 degrees without breaking sweat.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:26:55 UTC | #930863

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 4 by aquilacane

Comment 2 by drumdaddy

Sorry, I'm from Quebec, vulgarity is part of my culture.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:59:21 UTC | #930867

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 5 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 02:25:39 UTC | #930868

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 6 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:23:26 UTC | #930883

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 7 by aroundtown

Comment 4 by aquilacane Comment 2 by drumdaddy

Sorry, I'm from Quebec, vulgarity is part of my culture.

Nothing to be sorry for aquilacane, very much enjoyed your observations concerning the outright efforts to block the event and the equal treatment that was denied. Don't shrink buddy, your rant gives me strength. I have been backing away from posting thinking I have been to "strident" but I feel you were there for the pass, thanks.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:47:33 UTC | #930884

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 8 by aroundtown

Comment 1 by aquilacane - Search For: Captain Shithead

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but I just wanted to point out that a scribble for a "Captain Shithead" seem's very applicable my friend. Just saying. My two cents from this EVO unit.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:59:10 UTC | #930885

Metamag's Avatar Comment 9 by Metamag

More of this please, more atheist stridency and "militancy" everywhere. It works in our favor.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 05:52:59 UTC | #930890

ocallaghanbohrdt's Avatar Comment 10 by ocallaghanbohrdt

BlockquoteComment 9 by Metamag More of this please, more atheist stridency and "militancy" everywhere. It works in our favor Blockquote

Yes, and include Pat Condell's latest classic for discussion here on RDnet too please.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:08:36 UTC | #930895

William T. Dawkins's Avatar Comment 11 by William T. Dawkins

I wonder what the governments and militaries of the world would do if all the non-theistic scientists and inventors came together and regulated who gets the latest technology.

Special Thanks to Todd and all the volunteers!

William

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:14:20 UTC | #930896

drumdaddy's Avatar Comment 12 by drumdaddy

The moral high ground is ours for the taking. Or, for the squandering.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:13:40 UTC | #930899

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 13 by Stafford Gordon

I agree with drumdaddy, keep it civil, or we run the risk of descending to a level where the self-righteuous can accuse non believers of having to resort to discourteousness and foul language to compensate for a lack of cogent arguments.

And we don't fucking well want that do we!

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:24:52 UTC | #930902

ArmaanBiggan's Avatar Comment 14 by ArmaanBiggan

I'm not surprised. I had a Christian girlfriend who, although very liberal in her beliefs (she doesn't attend any church, and has sex outside marriage), once said my donation to a Christian church should be rejected simply because I don't believe in God, and that any church that accepts my donation is a heretic one.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:51:35 UTC | #930910

78rpm's Avatar Comment 15 by 78rpm

An immense amount of strongly felt sentiments--"shrill" and "strident" ones, in fact---have been expressed over the centuries without reverting to dirty language. I have long thought that what sometimes appears on this forum detracts from it. I very much agree with what Drumdaddy (comment 2) stated.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:03:49 UTC | #930915

mmurray's Avatar Comment 16 by mmurray

Comment 4 by aquilacane :

Comment 2 by drumdaddy

Sorry, I'm from Quebec, vulgarity is part of my culture.

Are you bivulgar?

Michael

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:08:20 UTC | #930917

Metamag's Avatar Comment 17 by Metamag

Comment 10 by ocallaghanbohrdt :

It doesn't really matter if it's here since it already has almost 300 000 views on youtube.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:34:35 UTC | #930924

capetownian's Avatar Comment 18 by capetownian

Christianity is a business - Atheism is a threat to that business. They will block any attempt to associate Atheism with anything that flies in the face of their preferred belief system. People like Billy Graham have made fortunes out of tele-evangelicallyl brain washing of millions of poorly educated, ignorant and superstitious individuals, not only in the USA, but across the world. Christopher Hitchens had the right idea - he called them out and castigated them for the unadulterated bullshit they spread! We need to find somebody to continue where he left off....

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:34:28 UTC | #930939

BanJoIvie's Avatar Comment 19 by BanJoIvie

The clear (illegal) double standard in the US military's preferential treatment of evangelical Christianity is a national disgrace. Thank you Sgt. Griffith of your tireless efforts to call those responsible to account.

Also, as long as we're "asking" fellow posters to censor themselves in this free speech zone, I'd like to ask posters to refrain from taking moderator or admin powers upon themselves. The goals and aims of RDnet are clearly spelled out by those who set it up and run it, not by those of us who visit. There are pretty clear cut Tems and Conditions already in place to guide discussions on this site. (They are blessedly short, minimally restrictive, and pointedly do not ban "gutter language" per se.)

In my solely individual opinion, "offense" is usually the reponsibility of the person taking it. One of the things I value most about RDnet is the sense I get here that I am presumed to be an adult who can handle a bit of rough and tumble. Abuse and sheer idiocy are properly removed, but purely cosmetic concerns about the dainties are usually left to each individual conscience.

If a member of the community feels any comments are crossing a line there is a remedy. The handy little red flag allows those with the actual authority to make a determination as to whether someone's free speech is damaging the aims and purposes of this forum.

Apart from that, all posters are just equal members of the discussion here, and I bristle when anyone takes it upon themselves to articulate (and police) what "we" are trying to do with "the site."

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:32:58 UTC | #930960

alaskansee's Avatar Comment 20 by alaskansee

Damn those evil christians.

@19 BanJolvie

Well put, say no to censorship.

@ Drumdaddy

I'm not on your side on this one, a full vocabulary is not the same as offensive language. Like the difference between Rush's slut comments and Maher's cunt comments - it's all in the context.

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:07:52 UTC | #930966

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 21 by aquilacane

Comment 8 by aroundtown

If I wasn't at work when I read this, I would have scribbled you a Captain Shithead for sure, maybe even a General Fuckface.

Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:59:53 UTC | #931171

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 22 by aquilacane

Comment 16 by mmurray

Are you bivulgar?

Michael

Mais oui, tabernac!

Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:03:22 UTC | #931172

Fab4John's Avatar Comment 23 by Fab4John

I'm (almost) speechless. I guess this is the kind of thing to expect from people who would rather pray for someone's cancer to get better, than go to a hospital.

More proof there's no god.

Ron

Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:14:57 UTC | #931249

Fab4John's Avatar Comment 24 by Fab4John

How can we get a story like this on CNN?

Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:20:50 UTC | #931253

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 25 by aroundtown

Comment 21 by aquilacane

No scribble necessary, I felt guilty for asking as soon as I posted the comment. I do love your scribble's though. I can reasonably envision these hard necked folks and deplore their uneven treatment well enough. I will be keeping my eye out for a scribble of your own choosing down the road to satisfy my viewing appreciation. Thanks aquilacane

Fri, 30 Mar 2012 04:34:36 UTC | #931288

Vorlund's Avatar Comment 26 by Vorlund

Comment 14 by armankab :

As a youth I took up bell ringing, It was an early excursion into our cultural heritage. For those outside the UK our church bell system is unique. Bells are mounted in a bell frame, each one attached to a yolk and a large wheel around which the bell rope and sally are wound. The bells are raised to stand upside down and rest by means of a wooden stay which engages with a slider. When the rope is pulled the bell swings through a full 360 degrees to be rested on the other side of the stay and slider. This allows the ringer to pause the bell on each swing and strike the bell at different times so a tower of 12 bells can play simple tunes.

I digress....... Many bell towers are in disrepair including the one at which I rang. We used to get the 'princely' sum of one pound sterling each for ringing at weddings. I dared to suggest that we donate our fee to a restoration fund and other youthful ringers agreed. Then the senior, a middle aged man and rabid xtian said 'Under no circumstances will we (no idea who he was speaking for) accept money from non xtians!' I've never understood this since they were clearly not above accepting our time and labour in the bell tower. It is probably a xtian mental aberration. We shrugged and said OK and went to the local pub and drank our earnings while discussing what tossers xtians really are.

Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:06:36 UTC | #931308

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 27 by aroundtown

So I just discovered this event is cancelled in it's entirety? I'd have thought we would discuss this event being shutdown. I still can't find out if it's on or cancelled, this is very confusing to nail down. If someone else know's could you post the answer.

Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:27:22 UTC | #931408

BanJoIvie's Avatar Comment 28 by BanJoIvie

Comment 27 by aroundtown

There's no mention of any trouble on the Rock Beyond Belief website. Where did you get the impression that the event was cancelled?

Could you have gotten some old news? RBB was originally scheduled to occur last year, but was cancelled in (March '11) when various restrictions were announced by those in command which made it impossible to proceed. Since that time there has been a change of heart on the part of Ft. Bragg higher-ups (facing a disciplined and determined group of organizers, PR pressure, and well as scrutiny from above due to creative interpretation of regs?) The event was rescheduled for tomorrow, and should be even bigger than originally planned. Each of these turns of event have been discussed at length in previous threads. (Apologies, if you already knew all this.)

I haven't heard anywhere that RBB was in danger again. I hope there is some mistake! This should be a great day for the Ft. Bragg community and for US military atheists.

Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:16:26 UTC | #931431

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 29 by aroundtown

Comment 28 by BanJoIvie

Thanks for pulling me up to speed. I was worried about it being cancelled but I got fouled up looking at some old posts and that threw me. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sat, 31 Mar 2012 00:57:18 UTC | #931474

BanJoIvie's Avatar Comment 30 by BanJoIvie

No worries aroundtown. Glad to hear it was a misunderstanding, not another cancellation.

Have a great event guys! It's certainly been well earned. Wish I could attend. I expect full reporting!

Sat, 31 Mar 2012 01:28:46 UTC | #931478