← Protest against the “Punch your gay kids” Pastor – Sean Harris.

Protest against the “Punch your gay kids” Pastor – Sean Harris. - Comments

MilitantNonStampCollector's Avatar Comment 1 by MilitantNonStampCollector

I'd like to see this Harris douche punched into intensive care quite frankly. This is almost beyond belief.

Sat, 05 May 2012 16:43:31 UTC | #939917

JHJEFFERY's Avatar Comment 2 by JHJEFFERY

I saw this piece of garbage earlier and tried to get a message to him through his church but the site was inoperable. Kudos to anyone who can find an email address so that I can properly thank him for his thoughts.

Sat, 05 May 2012 17:08:42 UTC | #939920

Quine's Avatar Comment 3 by Quine

Thanks to the video this story has received a fair amount of press, here in the U.S., so this jerk has had to continuously backpeddle since it hit the news.

Sat, 05 May 2012 17:12:17 UTC | #939923

AtheistEgbert's Avatar Comment 4 by AtheistEgbert

With respect, this is a child abuse issue and religious issue. I even think that Pastor Sean Harris has probably broken the law with this piece of bullying and violent advice.

However, this protest has my complete support, I only wish I could be there.

Sat, 05 May 2012 17:31:56 UTC | #939929

Flapjack's Avatar Comment 5 by Flapjack

Comment 3 by Quine :

Yep I read about his backpeddling, “I do not apologize for the manner in which the Word of God articulates sexual immorality, including homosexuality and effeminacy, as a behavior that is an abomination to God. Nothing in this official statement of retraction should be perceived as an apology for the overarching intent and message of the sermon and the need to define marriage as one man and one woman and to maintain the gender distinctions that God created from the beginning when He made them male and female (Genesis 1)."

or to paraphrase - "I'm sorry I caused offence, but my invisible friend hates homos anyhow, so who am I to argue?"

Id like to add that Thor has since implied that Pastor Harris deserves a porcupine enema. I can't provide evidence of Thor's existence or that I'm not putting words into the mouth of a fictional character to serve as a half-baked proxy for my own opinions, but he does have a blockbuster movie out right now, so whatever he says goes.

Sat, 05 May 2012 17:33:26 UTC | #939930

cheesedoff17's Avatar Comment 6 by cheesedoff17

He will probably turn out to be gay himself like most of the other homophobes.

Sat, 05 May 2012 17:40:00 UTC | #939933

DefenderOfReason!'s Avatar Comment 7 by DefenderOfReason!

Comment 6 by cheesedoff17 :

He will probably turn out to be gay himself like most of the other homophobes.

Exactly my thoughts! How long until this guy is caught with a MALE prostitute or the like? I would almost bet my life that this idiot is gay himself. Which really makes this whole situation that much more horrible.

Sat, 05 May 2012 17:51:44 UTC | #939936

Quine's Avatar Comment 8 by Quine

Well, Hitch would say, "You can set your watch ..."

Sat, 05 May 2012 18:01:52 UTC | #939938

Cartomancer's Avatar Comment 9 by Cartomancer

An interfaith effort is in the works

This is not an "interfaith" effort. If religion has nothing to do with it then this is a SECULAR effort to stand up against homophobic child abuse. Atheists do not have faith, and thus do not march under "interfaith" banners. Secularism is what both we and the religious want here, that is the banner we march under together.

"Interfaith" is one of those pathetic weaselly nonsense words that attempts to promote religion as valuable just for being religion. "Faith" is the enemy. Faith is belief without evidence. There is nothing good or noble or worthwhile about faith, and it is not a tent in which atheists should feel comfortable working.

Opposing homophobic child abuse from under the banner of faith is like opposing corporate greed from under the banner of far-right politics - it strikes at the symptom while legitimising the cause.

Sat, 05 May 2012 19:11:45 UTC | #939951

the great teapot's Avatar Comment 10 by the great teapot

What is the definition of a church in the us or anywhere? one or more people who believe just about anything they like? It really is strange that if you call yourself a church it affords you some sort of status.

Sat, 05 May 2012 19:44:27 UTC | #939959

daddyDA's Avatar Comment 11 by daddyDA

Total moron, must have been starved of affection from birth. Clearly has major anger issues but just remember that the US elections are right around the cornerHell, it's near a Military camp, maybe the guys is ticked off because even the Marine Corps didn't want him!

Sat, 05 May 2012 19:54:23 UTC | #939961

Zeuglodon's Avatar Comment 12 by Zeuglodon

Comment 9 by Cartomancer

Well put, and this is before we get into the problems of incompatible faiths in the first place. It would be like trimming the claws of big cats and then claiming that they would all hunt very effectively as a team. Most of them are mutually incomprehensible, and they all pursue their own agendas, and they'd just as soon compete against each other. Trimming their claws so that they don't is the business of secularism in the first place.

As for the pastor, it seems the main reason he's not in a mental hospital is because he lives in a culture where taking ancient literature at face value to promote homophobia isn't considered a sign of delusion.

Sat, 05 May 2012 20:05:17 UTC | #939964

irate_atheist's Avatar Comment 13 by irate_atheist

Fucktard.

Oh, yeah, and what Carto said.

But, seriously, what a colossal waste of oxygen is Pastor Sean Harris.

Sat, 05 May 2012 20:17:06 UTC | #939967

asyouwere's Avatar Comment 14 by asyouwere

“I do not apologize for the manner in which the Word of God articulates sexual immorality..."

Then he, as with Lot, would not be fraught to loose his daughters out to the street that some bisexuals might "know" them instead of some angels that dropped by.

Harris is the abomination of course.

Sat, 05 May 2012 20:35:52 UTC | #939972

chezzyd's Avatar Comment 15 by chezzyd

Porcupine enema.... Hahaha, brilliant! What a great mental picture I am now getting. Methinks this creep doth protest too much - always seems to be the way doesn't it.

Sat, 05 May 2012 20:49:35 UTC | #939974

Katy Cordeth's Avatar Comment 16 by Katy Cordeth

Comment Removed by Author

Sat, 05 May 2012 21:26:44 UTC | #939979

Katy Cordeth's Avatar Comment 17 by Katy Cordeth

Comment 6 by cheesedoff17 :

He will probably turn out to be gay himself like most of the other homophobes.

Eww, I just got the mental image of him and Pastor Fred with a tube of lube. Oh great, now Rick Santorum's shown up. Thank you very much, cheesedoff.

What does the creep's wife have to say on the matter? If he's consistent, I'm guessing not much. As we know here in England from our own closet case Stephen Green, these guys often get their day-to-day exercise from using their wives as punching bags.

If any of our Christian brethren and sistren (?) are lurking here after suddenly finding themselves our bedfellows (saucy suggestion intended), come over to the right team. You know you want to. We have cookies!

Sat, 05 May 2012 21:31:18 UTC | #939981

Metamag's Avatar Comment 18 by Metamag

I'm pretty sure that pastor is in fact gay, notice how he is very specifically talking about childhood fantasies. Would hetero person talk about that, they wouldn't because such fantasies would not exist. The very notion of being seduced, grown into, pampered into gayness or any such idiocy would not exist.

Just another self-loathing rabid anti-gay gay.

Sat, 05 May 2012 22:16:45 UTC | #939987

xmaseveeve's Avatar Comment 19 by xmaseveeve

This is incitement to violence, and it's also a hate crime. Has he been arrested yet?

Any Christians visiting here should check out the Bible. Reclaim your saviour, as Jesus loved gay people the same as straight. Disown these bigots.

Sat, 05 May 2012 22:53:22 UTC | #939994

Net's Avatar Comment 20 by Net

Look, I know this is all about the more important issue of homophobia, but, if you follow the link to the blog, and then scroll down to the poster about punching your gay kids, you'll come across this instruction to (...to embiggen – must be the full size!) the poster. "embiggen"? I mean, really!

Sat, 05 May 2012 23:52:46 UTC | #940003

Katy Cordeth's Avatar Comment 21 by Katy Cordeth

@comment20

I don't know what you're complaining about. It's a perfectly cromulent word.

Sun, 06 May 2012 00:05:46 UTC | #940007

GoldenRule rules!'s Avatar Comment 22 by GoldenRule rules!

I can't understand why this Sean Harris creep hasn't been charged with a crime.

He's in a public space, advocating violent acts be carried out against small children.

These are the sort of physically bullying behaviors that traumatize, injure and even cause death to little ones. I actually phoned the Fayetteville Police myself from where I live in Australia, I did this last Friday Australia time, and complained about this guy - pointing them to the Youtube video. I hope it helped, the woman was a bit surprised, and stated that the Police had no other complaints as yet about him. I hope that changes, I hope they become swamped with complaints.

I'm not familier with North Carolina law, but I'd be very surprised and disappointed to find out that such activity would be legal there. I think an atheist group there should look inbto the possibility of having this guy charged.

I'm disappointed the protestors are putting about that they are "not attacking religion". Here is an opportunity to show exactly WHY it is necessary to attack religion. It's only a verbal attack after all - not at all like Mr Harris is advocating.

Sun, 06 May 2012 00:12:21 UTC | #940010

Metamag's Avatar Comment 23 by Metamag

Comment 22 by GoldenRule rules! :

This automatic spinelessness is indeed very depressing. Why is it so hard to see the big picture here?

Sun, 06 May 2012 00:28:29 UTC | #940014

SelfDTerminator's Avatar Comment 24 by SelfDTerminator

Comment 17 by katy Cordeth :

Comment 6 by cheesedoff17 :

He will probably turn out to be gay himself like most of the other homophobes.

His homophobia is probably exacerbated by the self-esteem issues he has from his half-inch wang.

Sun, 06 May 2012 00:28:59 UTC | #940015

Metamag's Avatar Comment 25 by Metamag

. . . Here is the kind of kid Sean Harris would like to punch.

Sun, 06 May 2012 00:33:56 UTC | #940017

Agrajag's Avatar Comment 26 by Agrajag

For anyone who doubts that "God Hates Figs", I refer you to Mark 11:12-21 and Matthew 21:19-20,

(T-shirt available HERE )
;-)
Steve

Sun, 06 May 2012 00:59:07 UTC | #940020

Agrajag's Avatar Comment 27 by Agrajag

LOL: the second post on the freethoughtblogs.com link contains this:

Stephanie:

TED HAGGARD, anyone?
Steve

Sun, 06 May 2012 01:23:40 UTC | #940027

Katy Cordeth's Avatar Comment 28 by Katy Cordeth

Comment 27 by Agrajag :

LOL: the second post on the freethoughtblogs.com link contains this:

Stephanie: "I would bet a thousand bucks that his penis has seen the inside of a glory hole– somewhere, somehow."

TED HAGGARD, anyone? Steve

I hadn't heard anything about Ted Haggard for a while. I didn't even know he was still going. Is he still pounding away at homosexuals? (Geddit?)

Sun, 06 May 2012 01:44:36 UTC | #940035

Border Collie's Avatar Comment 29 by Border Collie

He'll get caught in some dirty public restroom in a public park, or maybe a truck stop, with his britches down and his private parts made public, just like all the rest of them. Predictable and booooorrrrring ...

Sun, 06 May 2012 02:01:15 UTC | #940040

leejtilson's Avatar Comment 30 by leejtilson

It is important that the parishoners and church leaders understand how dangerous Sean Harris is. I hope this argument might help some persuade the parishoners. I have no way to reach the protesters. I hope someone can help be get this argument to them.

It shows that the church elders must not tolerate this speech even if they believe everything Sean Harris says about it: that it was a joke, that gay marriage is wrong, etc. This speech will be heard by many unstable listeners who might feel the urge to act on it.

Please help me get this argument to the protesters and, ultimately, to the church elders and the parishoners.

Lee Tilson

When kids play with matches, you take away the matchbox. Sean Harris knew that his speech was being recorded to be broadcast over the internet. Unstable listeners have access. Urging them to direct violence towards gays is just as irresponsible, and far more dangerous, than playing with matches. Sean Harris betrayed the Golden Rule, the teachings of Jesus, the Ten Commandments, the Bible and the core principles of Christianity. How the church leaders deal with this betrayal defines the church's values. If the leaders are serious about those values, it must take away this podium. His actions as irresponsible as children playing with matches, and far more dangerous.

If the church fails to take it away, that says that the church does not take any of its values seriously. To let a leader abuse the pulpit, violate the core values of the church, while urging violence against gays proves that the church does not care about the core values of Christianity.

[Link to personal blog removed by moderators]

Sun, 06 May 2012 02:46:29 UTC | #940052