← Happy 66th Birthday, Richard Dawkins!

Happy 66th Birthday, Richard Dawkins! - Comments

Roland Deschain's Avatar Comment 1 by Roland Deschain

Happy Birthday.

PS: Love the picture of Pope Benedict reading The God Delusion.

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:46:00 UTC | #25341

citizen of earth's Avatar Comment 2 by citizen of earth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Richard Dawkins, may you have many more, we need you

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:39:00 UTC | #25343

Janus's Avatar Comment 3 by Janus

Happy birthday, Professor!

Thank you for being an inspiration to us unbelievers for all these years.

- Janus

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:51:00 UTC | #25344

Planeswalker's Avatar Comment 4 by Planeswalker

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your inspiration!

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:08:00 UTC | #25345

Lhowon's Avatar Comment 5 by Lhowon

Happy Birthday!

You're amazing Richard. Superlatives fail me.

Glad my message got through!

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:32:00 UTC | #25346

James Carroll's Avatar Comment 6 by James Carroll

I sent a message, but it is worth it to thank you twice Mr. Dawkins for all that you have done and wish you a happy birthday.

You will continue to be a great inspiration to me and many others for years and years to come.

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:42:00 UTC | #25348

Habalabam's Avatar Comment 7 by Habalabam

Hoping for a happy birthday and that you will live to see the shifts to which you've dedicated so much of yourself.

This form of attention may remind you of the idolizing that you seek to avoid, but at least nobody here doubts that today we are celebrating a man. Nothing more than a great man.
We may be few, but speaking for myself I can tell you that my devotion does not come cheap.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:05:00 UTC | #25350

Luthien's Avatar Comment 8 by Luthien

*to the tune of Happy Birthday*

Happy birthday to you,
You were born in a zoo,
With the monkeys,
All the monkeys,
Cause we're all monkeys too.

Happy Birthday to the most polite Atheist on the planet.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:48:00 UTC | #25355

dickoy's Avatar Comment 9 by dickoy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!Thank you for being a great inspiration..
By the way,I am so proud that we share the same birthdate.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:53:00 UTC | #25356

helen sotiriadis's Avatar Comment 10 by helen sotiriadis

happy birthday dr. dawkins!

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:04:00 UTC | #25358

faouloki's Avatar Comment 11 by faouloki

Happy birthday Richard!
Have a great day.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:20:00 UTC | #25359

Reitstoen's Avatar Comment 12 by Reitstoen

Happy Birthday Richard!!

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:00:00 UTC | #25363

Logicel's Avatar Comment 13 by Logicel

I am not big on birthdays--I hardly remember my own! Though it will be easier now, since mine is one day later than yours.

But I will make an exception for yours. A very sincere happiest of Happy Birthdays to you. Thank you, Richard Dawkins, for your generosity, hard work, and the ability to share and explain your exquisite grasp of science in a lucid, creative, and enjoyable manner. Like many others, I appreciate your brilliant books, your formidable debating, your enlightening lectures and interviews, and especially this wonderfully informative and friendly website which is a tremendous boon to the international atheistic community.

I look forward to seeing what else you will pull out of your creative hat. I also am looking forward to reading four of your books that my husband, who insists on remembering my birthday, bought me as birthday presents. (:-) Furthermore, it is heartwarming to witness all the positive outpouring of thanks and appreciation for you, and it makes all the more ridiculous the spurious claims that you encourage hatred and contempt.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:29:00 UTC | #25365

Will in Aus's Avatar Comment 14 by Will in Aus

Happy Birthday Richard. A few lines on this message board really isn't adequate to show the gratitude that I, and I'm sure many others, have for the work you do. Keep it up Richard!

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:51:00 UTC | #25370

Janey's Avatar Comment 15 by Janey

Happy Birthday Richard!

You will be in my THOUGHTS :)

Have a great day!

(HUGS)

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 03:04:00 UTC | #25373

Jared's Avatar Comment 16 by Jared

A very happy birthday to Professor Dawkins!

It is my hope that you never get tired of hearing people say 'Your work has changed my life,' because that is precisely what I've come here to tell you.

Since I first read 'The Selfish Gene' some years back, my way of looking at life on Earth has been fundamentally altered. It is strange to think of a gene survival machine, such as myself, taking pleasure from reading about its own true nature, but there you have it.

So again, happy birthday to YOUR survival machine, Professor, and may there be many more birthdays (and many more books and documentaries) to come!

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 03:14:00 UTC | #25374

Nikki's Avatar Comment 17 by Nikki

I am an Aussie student of Botany/Molecular Biology and a passionate practicing Pastafarian. I've found Richard Dawkins, and this website, to be an invaluable resource and a source of constant inspiration. I still have very dear memories of Mr McIntosh and the BBC (TSLOT) blogs over the xmas :p
I look forward to enjoying more of the same in the future.

Happy Birthday Richard :)))))

No doubt a very special place is reserved for you in the Pastafarian afterlife ;)
RAmen

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 03:38:00 UTC | #25375

Vadjong's Avatar Comment 18 by Vadjong

Happy Birthday, Richard Dawkins !

Even against better judgement, I'll
always keep faith in human intelligence.
Thank you for proving me right !

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 03:43:00 UTC | #25378

MIND_REBEL's Avatar Comment 19 by MIND_REBEL

Dear Richard,

Two words; Thank you. You gave to me a love i thought i'd never have. You made it possible to see the world as it actually was, not as I wanted-it-to-be. In fifty years you'll be held in the same regard as Socrates, Einstien, and Newton.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:46:00 UTC | #25384

MartinSGill's Avatar Comment 20 by MartinSGill

Happy Birthday Richard.

And many more.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:49:00 UTC | #25385

tuibguy's Avatar Comment 21 by tuibguy

May your day be filled with discovery. Thanks for sharing so many of your discoveries with the rest of us!

Mike Haubrich
Minnesota

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:17:00 UTC | #25389

MiloC's Avatar Comment 22 by MiloC

Happy Birthday and Thank You Richard Dawkins. I have learned so much from you. You have been and continue to be a great inspiration to me.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:20:00 UTC | #25390

quork's Avatar Comment 23 by quork

Happy 666th birthday!

Wait, that doesn't look right...

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:24:00 UTC | #25391

youngish2007's Avatar Comment 24 by youngish2007

Happy Birthday Richard
Would you like to join our band?
Paul and Sam "science is interesting" song.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:26:00 UTC | #25392

Greg Laden's Avatar Comment 25 by Greg Laden

Richard,

Happy Birthday. I've written you a short song and a long limerick Well, OK, there is no such thing as a long limerick ... so it's actually a perfectl-length limerick ..

Here: http://gregladen.com/wordpress/?p=559

May you always enlighten the open-minded and annoy the benighted!

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:30:00 UTC | #25393

Vic's Avatar Comment 26 by Vic

New registree here, and first post. Happy Birthday Dr. Dawkins. I really enjoyed "The God Delusion" and am currently enjoying "The Blind Watchmaker". Very good and informative stuff...

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:37:00 UTC | #25394

Gene Goldring's Avatar Comment 27 by Gene Goldring

Salvation of the human race had its beginnings, 66 years ago today.

Happy Birthday Prof. Dawkins

B.C., Canada

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:38:00 UTC | #25395

br0k3nglass's Avatar Comment 28 by br0k3nglass

Happy Birthday Richard!

Wishing you many more,
Justin

SK, Canada

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:26:00 UTC | #25404

mikkala's Avatar Comment 29 by mikkala

Happy Happy B-day RD!

I lauged my anus off at the Teddy Hagard 10 point buck pic. He is a real prize.
I wonder If RD could get something like that to hang on his library wall?
It would look nice hanging there with all his credentials.

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:40:00 UTC | #25406

Richard Dawkins's Avatar Comment 30 by Richard Dawkins

When you reach two thirds of a century, you are not supposed to cry like a baby, especially if you are a stiff-upper-lipped child of Empire. But who would not weep with emotion and joy at such a truly fantastic, amazing, splendid gesture as you have put together? Thank you Josh, thank you to all your loyal helpers, thank you to the more than 3000 who wrote messages, made videos, made audios, made pictures, and who, amazingly, kept the whole thing a complete secret from me during the whole time that it took to plan and organize (and any fool can see what a huge amount of planning and organization must have gone into it). Thank you, all of you. Your encouragement has given me a new lease of life. You make it all worthwhile. Thank you all very very much indeed.
Richard