← Kadra attacked in public

Kadra attacked in public - Comments

padster1976's Avatar Comment 1 by padster1976

Vile and disgusting.

No wonder I keep 'forgetting' that islam is a religion of 'peace'.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:16:00 UTC | #29582

hightrekker's Avatar Comment 2 by hightrekker

Vile and disgusting, and if I hear one more post modernist relativist mumble and shout about the equality of culture, I'll puke.
Genital mutilation is horrific, no matter what a group of barbaric primitives fearing the power of women and sexuality think.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:26:00 UTC | #29585

briancoughlanworldcitizen's Avatar Comment 3 by briancoughlanworldcitizen

They need to find these guys and expel them from Norway and send them back to Somalia. If they want to live in the stone age, let them actually do it:-(

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:33:00 UTC | #29586

Yorker's Avatar Comment 4 by Yorker

The subjugation of women is one of the best indicators that religion is an invention of man.

Barbaric scum like these men should be cast out from society, dump them on an island somewhere, preferably a hot one with no natural resources. TV companies could make a dumb-ass reality show of it - viewers could vote on how long Allah would take to put them out of their misery.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:59:00 UTC | #29588

NJS's Avatar Comment 5 by NJS

In defence of the abhorrent practice of female circumcision, the old "cultural respect" card is always played. I see no difference between this and cannibalism which went "undefended".

I'd stop all aid and all business with any country that allows it but hey, I have principles.

Of course the beating is another fine example of the religion of peace's cowardly view and treatment of women. Whats the point of the spokesman urging police action when they will claim religious defence of their action?

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:00:00 UTC | #29589

WalkingARazor's Avatar Comment 6 by WalkingARazor

Wow, in one of the most secular countries in the world.....

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:09:00 UTC | #29593

Luthien's Avatar Comment 7 by Luthien

We need to give women like this more support, and make sure that all refugees receive a proper education. Ayan Hirsi Ali is right to advocate the support of women who are being "imported" and then kept in their Husband's / father's household. There are too many western countries turning a blind eye to these horrors, when intervention in urgently needed. There should be teams of social workers dedicated to investigating this, and making sure that women know their rights.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:15:00 UTC | #29594

Logicel's Avatar Comment 8 by Logicel

"...by seven or eight persons of Somali origin,..."
______

At first I wondered why comments were focusing on the attackers as being male. Then I saw the below quote:

"...the gang of Somali men attacked her around 3 a.m..."

Kadra, like any person confronting potentially lethal opponents, takes my breath away.

Her attackers must be found and punished. And Kadra needs to be protected from any future brutality. These fanatics are such desperate, pathetic fools. They are providing the best ammunition with which atheists can fight them.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:20:00 UTC | #29596

fallenone's Avatar Comment 9 by fallenone

Vile and disgusting.

Couldn't agree more. There's the plain contradiction between the statement of IRN and the actions of the attackers. What do they think they're doing? Reasonably speaking, they're standing up for a 7th century paternal belief system by violating the very rules of that system. Just another example of cherry-picking or turning a blind-eye to push an agenda that fits one's own end.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:25:00 UTC | #29600

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 10 by Cook@Tahiti

Civics exams for immigrants? Passing a test in basic human rights before a visa is granted? Not sure how effective this would be.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:26:00 UTC | #29601

justme's Avatar Comment 12 by justme

I've visited Oslo for months at a time on business. Oslo is a comfortable, welcoming city with a hometown-feel. It really doesn't feel like a national capital since it is nice and refined but not at all pretentious even in the core of the city.

Norwegians in general are even tempered and very easy to talk with. When I was there, they were never rude when sober, and rarely rude when not sober!

This attack is probably quite a shock to those in Oslo.

Any Norwegians around here?

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:27:00 UTC | #29603

William's Avatar Comment 11 by William

"'Behavior where one goes to physical attack on someone you disagree with violates Islamic teaching and the prophet Muhammad's sunnah (lifestyle). We strongly object to such behavior,"' the IRN said in a press release."

Who gives a fuck if it violates the IRN's particular interpretation of "Islamic teaching"? More importantly, it violates the laws of modern civilization, not to mention basic human decency! Fuck Islamic teaching, and fuck Muhammad's "lifestyle."

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:27:00 UTC | #29602

Mikado's Avatar Comment 13 by Mikado

Comment #32034 by WalkingARazor

Wow, in one of the most secular countries in the world.....

Not more secular than that the state church has tried to reinstated my family as members several times.

Apparently there also was women in the attacking group.

And I agree with Luthien women like Kadra need our support.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:30:00 UTC | #29604

Jimill's Avatar Comment 14 by Jimill

This incident should definately be classified a hate crime. If it were done to an Islamist by a Christian, or, specially, to a Jew, it would instantly be seen as one. Somethings gotta give!

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:34:00 UTC | #29605

Mikado's Avatar Comment 15 by Mikado

Any Norwegians around here?

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:35:00 UTC | #29606

RickM's Avatar Comment 16 by RickM

"The Islamic Council Norway (IRN) condemned the attack...". Doublespeak!

A some point, people are going to start killing these bastards.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:45:00 UTC | #29608

RascoHeldall's Avatar Comment 17 by RascoHeldall

What will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

How many more incidents of sub-chimpanzeean barbarism must the civilised world take before it starts to realise that unquestioning tolerance of this disgusting doctrine simply isn't working?

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:50:00 UTC | #29610

Ole's Avatar Comment 18 by Ole

Kadra is a brave woman.

As mentioned in the article, she showed for all of us in Norway that some imams practice "double speak".

Officially when asked by TV, the imams condemned circumcision. When she went in with a hidden camera and asked them, they adviced her to be circumcized.

It will be interesting to see if we will have a serious discussion here in Norway now.

Ole

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:03:00 UTC | #29612

savroD's Avatar Comment 19 by savroD

Support? You say this person should be supported? I believe that this is vastly understating the case. This too proves how guilty the moderates are in supportimg hatred. If they were truly moderate, this persons face would be glued to the television screens of ALL THE WORLD! There would immediately be discussion groups set-up world wide to discuss this intolerance. The reason this doesn't happen? Those lilly-livered scum in the middle! Pardon my intolerance of the willfully ignorant.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:09:00 UTC | #29614

Friend Giskard's Avatar Comment 20 by Friend Giskard

This is a lie. This is the exact opposite of the truth. If the attackers had followed the example of Muhammad they would have killed her.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:04:00 UTC | #29620

ksskidude's Avatar Comment 21 by ksskidude

I am so tired of reading about Muslim thugs beating up someone who disagree's with thier VIOLENT religion. If there are any Muslims on this site, please tell me how the Islam Faith is not VIOLENT? Please!

But then again, I am not surprised either by the actions of idiots.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:39:00 UTC | #29636

justme's Avatar Comment 22 by justme

Mikado: "Yes, and I passed a Somali "cultural center" on my way to have a haircut on Friday."

In Oslo, is this story a big deal or did it get little interest/concern?

(PS, I too got my hair cut the other day. How do you like my new photo? Hopefully, they didn't take too much off. I like to keep a full head of hair.)

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:52:00 UTC | #29639

Mikado's Avatar Comment 23 by Mikado

Comment #32080 by justme
From what I have seen on the net, the newspapers seems very interested. The latest development is that Kadra seems to have identified some of her assailants from surveillance cameras in the area. As for TV news I can not say as I do not watch news on TV.
(My hair was beginning to look like yours, I like to have some control over it.)

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:07:00 UTC | #29640

Patrick McArdle's Avatar Comment 24 by Patrick McArdle

The mutilation sometimes called "female circumcision" is called "female genital mutilation" here in the States. About a dozen years ago, we noticed that certain immigrant communities were practicing it, and we banned it. We ignored any attempts at 'cultural understanding', since child abuse has no excuses. As I recall, it was more of a sub-Saharan practice than a Muslim one, although of course many Muslims come from sub-Saharan countries. Once something becomes 'sanctified', then it has many irrational defenders. I hope Kadra's assailants are all identified, and punished to the fullest extent of Norwegian and EU law.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:20:00 UTC | #29645

Chrysippus_Maximus's Avatar Comment 25 by Chrysippus_Maximus

What about clit rings? Heeheehee...

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:13:00 UTC | #29656

Adrian's Avatar Comment 26 by Adrian

Blaming these Somalians (who, I presume are not anymore, but are Norwegians) for what they did is like blaming a pitbull for attacking a child. It's not their fault for they are bred that way or, for 'bred' read 'indoctrinated'.
It's the indoctrinators who need to be ideologically castrated.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:29:00 UTC | #29662

Jessie's Avatar Comment 27 by Jessie

About six years ago, I took a course called "Anthropology of Gender," and the topic of female genital mutilation came up. I was quite stunned to hear otherwise rational people actually defend this practise because we in the West apparently have no right to condemn other cultures. Frankly, if the other cultures think that torturing children is alright, then, yes, we have every right to speak out against it. Female circumcision is morally indefensible. It's a barbaric, vile, disgusting practise that does not have to exist.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:40:00 UTC | #29670

Tridhos's Avatar Comment 28 by Tridhos

I am sure that any moment now there will be world wide demonstrations with Muslims condemning this outrage; well perhaps we had better not hold our breath in anticipation.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:51:00 UTC | #29673

GodlessHeathen's Avatar Comment 29 by GodlessHeathen

Were I to beat an Imam who'd spoken out against my beliefs (or lack of) no moderate would hesitate to call me vile or my actions disgusting.

The postmodernist idea that we've no right to be critical of other cultures has only generated a repugnant double standard.

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:04:00 UTC | #29676

dancingthemantaray's Avatar Comment 30 by dancingthemantaray

"where one goes to physical attack on someone you disagree with violates Islamic teaching and the prophet Muhammad's sunnah (lifestyle)"

Is this the same Muhammad that invented Islam and then went on a lifelong conquering spree?

Mon, 16 Apr 2007 01:14:00 UTC | #29711