← Way of the Master Radio talks about Dawkins' Christmas Comments

Way of the Master Radio talks about Dawkins' Christmas Comments - Comments

sidfaiwu's Avatar Comment 1 by sidfaiwu

Strange... just strange. They sound like a zany morning radio show. People take them seriously? I hope it's not that many.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:52:00 UTC | #95617

sidfaiwu's Avatar Comment 3 by sidfaiwu

This clip is up twice.

EDIT: Not anymore. Thanks for the fix.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:53:00 UTC | #95620

Bruno's Avatar Comment 2 by Bruno

I was actually a little surprised how one does not even need to listen very hard to hear the desperation between the spoken words of the host. They HATE Professor Dawkins. They hate him because he succeeded with his latest book. They hate him because they know he exposed their bogus livelihoods. ...They know their jig is up. It's just a matter of time.
Merry Mithras to all.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:53:00 UTC | #95618

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 4 by Cook@Tahiti

Sense of humour 0/10
Analysis 0/10
Honesty 0/10

But at least they're keeping track of what he's saying. My worry is always that each party is insulated in its own cocoon.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:55:00 UTC | #95622

Janus's Avatar Comment 5 by Janus

Okay, I admit it, I laughed. It's like a bad Simpsons episode: You feel stupid for laughing, but you still do.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:55:00 UTC | #95623

Matt H.'s Avatar Comment 6 by Matt H.

I had hoped Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron had been laughed out of town after everyone saw their silly creationist videotapes on YouTube.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:13:00 UTC | #95633

BathTub's Avatar Comment 7 by BathTub

Hahaha they are so clueless, that was hilarious.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:15:00 UTC | #95635

GodlessHeathen's Avatar Comment 8 by GodlessHeathen

Bleh. Morning radio show "zaniness" like this was never my cuppa. Rtambree's scoring is spot on.

Which figures, really. They do not have anything rational to add to the "debate", all they have - all they ever have - is appeals to emotion. Can't argue with what the good Professor has to say? No sweat, just mock him. Their target audience already believes, they only need a little "feel good" about it.

Heh; it just now occurs to me these sorts of "evangelical" tv and radio shows are nothing but "preaching to the choir".

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:17:00 UTC | #95638

USA_Limey's Avatar Comment 9 by USA_Limey

Oh, there are Christian stations up and down the dial where ever you live in the States. My local version is 'word FM'.

I tune in now and again when I need to empty my mind of thought. Dawkins does get mentioned a fair bit and I agree with Bruno, they hate him.

All good stuff.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:20:00 UTC | #95639

quill's Avatar Comment 10 by quill

For those of you who don't recall, Way of the Master Radio is hosted by Todd Friel, the third, somewhat awkward member of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron's ministry, the originators of the dreaded argumentum ad bananum.

Friel also did a radio debate in 2006 with Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, and lost badly - Dan is a member of the Prometheus Society, which means his IQ is equivalent to one in ten thousand. I think if you listen to that debate, you'll have an understanding of why Todd's voice is so broken and desperate in this clip:

And here (edited):

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:36:00 UTC | #95656

Matt H.'s Avatar Comment 11 by Matt H.

Thanks Quill, I'll listen to that.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:37:00 UTC | #95657

BathTub's Avatar Comment 12 by BathTub

At least you know someone over there is keeping a close eye on this place.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:43:00 UTC | #95659

Devolution's Avatar Comment 13 by Devolution

Wow that is truly awful. I cant believe even way of the master is doing the whole "morning zoo" type of radio show. So much irony there my head is about to explode!

BTW how long before Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort come out as gay lovers? You KNOW its going to happen.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:58:00 UTC | #95677

Matt H.'s Avatar Comment 14 by Matt H.

Comment #100282 by Devolution on December 18, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Even if they did, to most reasonable people these days (and I hope most atheists), it wouldn't be a dent on their characters. What I hope would be considerably bigger dents would be their advocacy of creation and their unwavering faith in an imaginary, celestial dictator.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:04:00 UTC | #95681

Devolution's Avatar Comment 15 by Devolution

Matt, give me a break its not like I was saying that being gay is in anyway a bad thing, only that to douchebags like Ray and Kirk, homosexuality is an abomination and something they would never admit.

I knew that comment would get misinterpreted.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:15:00 UTC | #95687

Tomcat's Avatar Comment 16 by Tomcat

I absolutely applaud Richard for saying this in the interview. THIS is the factor that will CONVINCE SOOO many people that atheists are ok.

Way of the Master, get ready for your religion to turn into "cult" status.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:47:00 UTC | #95714

He-man Daunted World's Avatar Comment 17 by He-man Daunted World

"only nature's real" could be a useful mantra

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:49:00 UTC | #95718

AdrianB's Avatar Comment 18 by AdrianB

Just want to further add a recommendation to listening to the debate between Friel and Barker that has been linked by Quill. I have it on my iPod and listen now and again when I want a good laugh.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:14:00 UTC | #95745

briancoughlanworldcitizen's Avatar Comment 19 by briancoughlanworldcitizen

What the fuck was that at the end? If anything, it sounded, perhaps remotely, like Richard Attenborough, I guess it's hard to tell all those limey scientistorists apart. Huh?

I liked the lyrics though:-)

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:25:00 UTC | #95755

Diacanu's Avatar Comment 20 by Diacanu

Lol, this almost sounded like a fake Vice City radio program!
This shit's real?
Lol!!

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:25:00 UTC | #95756

quill's Avatar Comment 21 by quill

Friel also posted a partial video recording of the debate after the fact, placing subtitles beneath Dan and inserting little speeches of his own to highlight Dan's errors in logic. I'm happy to see it got a one-star rating, averaged over 61,000 views; it seems You-Tube people know how to spot a bitch move when they see one:

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:47:00 UTC | #95781

SilentMike's Avatar Comment 22 by SilentMike

Are we still on this? What the hell is up with the media getting all excited about this nonesense? I can just imagine the commotion in the ofices a not quite well known, but respectable, american newspaper:

"Hold the presses! Richard Dawkins Sings Carols! No no! throw all that away. Throw all the printed copies away! New edition. Headline: Richard Dawkins Sings Carols. Use the biggest font we have. Subtitle: Renowned atheist scientist says he is a coltural christian and sings carols at christmas. Call all our columnists and tell them they have to write a new column for this weekend's addition since Richard Dawkins Sings Carols. Call our top reporter, and tell him to pack his stuff. I'm sending him to england to get the scoop about Richard Dawkins Singing Carols! And call my wife. Tell her I won't be coming home. Call everybody's wife. No one's going home. We all have to work extra hard around the clock, because Richard Dawkins Sings Carols."

The things that get people excited... Sheesh!

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:52:00 UTC | #95787

Josh Timonen's Avatar Comment 23 by Josh Timonen

SilentMike,
That was hilarious! :) I thought that too when posting this.
Josh

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:01:00 UTC | #95792

rev's Avatar Comment 24 by rev

silly humans, silly silly humans.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:03:00 UTC | #95793

rev's Avatar Comment 25 by rev

were these guys doing satire or were they just shit???, ssshhhh humans

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:18:00 UTC | #95804

SilentMike's Avatar Comment 26 by SilentMike

Thank you Josh. And may I use this opportunity to thank you for everything you do here and tell you how much I apreciate (like everybody else here I'm sure) all your hard work to keep this site going. Thanks for making it possible for me to post my nonesense in such a comfortable friendly place.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:19:00 UTC | #95807

rev's Avatar Comment 27 by rev

here here. SilentMike.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:21:00 UTC | #95810

ClemIsMe's Avatar Comment 28 by ClemIsMe

I am stupider for having listened to this. And I was already toleranced to the low end of the stupid scale, so I may just have found religion.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:48:00 UTC | #95829

rev's Avatar Comment 29 by rev

Nice one Quill. just listened to half of the dan barker debate, he is very good. or the dick he is debateing is very bad, lol

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:54:00 UTC | #95834

Matt H.'s Avatar Comment 30 by Matt H.

Dan Barker was awesome in that debate, an excellent speaker. To me he draws parallels with Sam Harris in how eloquently and succinctly he can speak. I'd love to see either of those two take on D'Souza.

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:57:00 UTC | #95836