← Secular Thought for the Day

Secular Thought for the Day - Comments

LeeC's Avatar Comment 1 by LeeC

Shame no one knows about this "thought of the day" it has been lost within too many other threads.

Shame.

But I now have my thought for the day

Tue, 29 May 2007 04:12:00 UTC | #42895

CJ22's Avatar Comment 2 by CJ22

This was on BBC radio 4 Lee, who's audience is a strange blend of the traditional and the liberal. It still has quite a lot of religious programming, as well as the hitherto religious 'Thought For The Day' (usually by a trendy rabi or anglican vicar who gives a sermon vaguely reminiscent of that Not The Nine O'clock News sketch). In other words, a perfectly targetted message.

Tue, 29 May 2007 04:23:00 UTC | #42899

Eamonn Shute's Avatar Comment 3 by Eamonn Shute

I somehow managed to miss this thread until just now, when I noticed LeeC's comment on the list of recent comments. Thanks Lee!

Tue, 29 May 2007 04:31:00 UTC | #42905

pewkatchoo's Avatar Comment 4 by pewkatchoo

It's odd. I was thinking about Thought for the Day just yesterday and I wondered if they had ever invited an atheist to present on it. I thought that it was unlikely and now here you are! That is just to much of a coincidence! Maybe god put the thought in my head.

Tue, 29 May 2007 04:37:00 UTC | #42908

Prosthetic Head's Avatar Comment 5 by Prosthetic Head

I doubt anyone will read this now, but what the hell:

Send an email / letter to help get thought for the day to accept that non-religious people can also have thoughts worth hearing!

Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:28:00 UTC | #293368

Spawny Rosary's Avatar Comment 6 by Spawny Rosary

The above from Richard is great. I had the misfortune to listen to Thought For the Day this morning and was immediately reminded to look at platitudes website

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:18:26 UTC | #918213

nottaken's Avatar Comment 7 by nottaken

Apart from the example above, a rarity - does Prayer for the Day and then Thought for the Day on Radio 4 annoy others as much as it does me? I have to turn it off, I can't stand the fairies at the bottom of any of their gardens.

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:17:29 UTC | #919236