← Interview with Dr Andy Thomson

Interview with Dr Andy Thomson - Comments

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 1 by rod-the-farmer

"Paula Kirby, head of the British Humanist Association"

???? The friends are always the last to know.

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 20:59:51 UTC | #878860

Paula Kirby's Avatar Comment 2 by Paula Kirby

rod-the-farmer: "Paula Kirby, head of the British Humanist Association" ???? The friends are always the last to know.

No, it seems the people being talked about are always the last to know. Not only am I not head of the British Humanist Association, I am not even a member, nor do I ever refer to myself as a Humanist.

Where did you find that?

I do run the UK branch of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science. But that, as you'll know, is a completely different organisation from the BHA.

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:03:45 UTC | #878865

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 3 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:23:19 UTC | #878874

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 4 by rod-the-farmer

The reason "I" know is that I listened to the audio, about the 19 minute point of the second one. A small caveat about the audio....I was unable to 'drag' the cursor back to the 19 minute point. It needs a click to make it jump about 5 seconds each time. Quite tedious. Do I get a prize for being the first to report it ? A t-shirt would be nice. Nudge, nudge.

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:30:18 UTC | #878876

Peter Grant's Avatar Comment 5 by Peter Grant

Comment 4 by rod-the-farmer

I hate flash players, better to just download the mp3 files and use your own instead:

Sat, 08 Oct 2011 09:37:57 UTC | #878954

HappyPrimate's Avatar Comment 6 by HappyPrimate

Thanks Peter Grant. Appreciate those links. Terrific talk.

Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:10:54 UTC | #878988

mr_DNA's Avatar Comment 7 by mr_DNA

I thought that Andy's arguments on this radio show were far better articulated than than the presentation that he did on You Tube a while back and far more convincing too. I have the book gathering dust in my to read stack. It's just made it to the top of the pile after this.

Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:41:35 UTC | #879735