This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.

Comment

← Rancor Where Private-School Parents Make Public-School Decisions

mrjonno's Avatar Jump to comment 13 by mrjonno

12. Comment #370359 by hungarianelephant

Checks and balances while good only go so far. I think some Americans have far too much faith in them. For example if 90% of the population want the other 10% dead no laws, constitution, hand guns or other force will save them . You need to ensure you don't get into that situation in the first place either via education (preferable) or simply splitting the constiuency up in different electoral areas or even countries

Mon, 27 Apr 2009 04:39:00 UTC | #353762