This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.

Comment

← Why the laws of physics make anthropogenic climate change undeniable

Stevehill's Avatar Jump to comment 9 by Stevehill

CC deniers frankly make creationists look vaguely intelligent in comparison.

My well-meaning octogenarian mother said recently that if what she called global warming were true, how come we (in Britain) were having such a wet and miserable summer. I said even if I accepted her terminology (and climate change is not just about "warming"), if the seas warmed up, more water evaporated, and what goes up must come down. I think she sort of got the point.

The most convincing argument for me is that 98% of scientists who have played any serious role in looking at the evidence are convinced. And the other 2% are paid by energy companies. Just follow the money.

Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:15:19 UTC | #865463