This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.


← Mississippi's "Personhood Amendment" fails at polls

Southpaw's Avatar Jump to comment 15 by Southpaw

I looked at chicken eggs in high school biology. The white bit that you sometimes see holds the yolk in place, or something like that.

Yes, it's called the chalaza and is nothing to do with the egg being fertilised.

Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:22:41 UTC | #888901