This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.

← Islamic Foundation calls for death sentence if (Maldivian) apostate fails to repent

Islamic Foundation calls for death sentence if (Maldivian) apostate fails to repent - Comments

mlgatheist's Avatar Comment 1 by mlgatheist

It is a black eye for the UN to give any religious government a seat of any kind in it's organization, and one on Human Rights shows the organization has lost it's way.

No religious government should be recognized by the UN, the United States, or any other civilized government.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:30:02 UTC | #475374

Monkey Man's Avatar Comment 2 by Monkey Man

I guarantee you there are "apostates" all over the world that are being influenced by these news stories... I watched the clips (before they were taken down) and basically Zaik said "If you choose not to believe, but you don't tell anyone about it or talk about it, we won't kill you. Officially." Perfect dictatorship.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:47:57 UTC | #475403

Randy Ping's Avatar Comment 3 by Randy Ping

If they want to kill us, then why not return the favor? ATheists need to man up, show that we will NOT be going lightly into the dark, that we will not march quietly to the gallows. How long until we say "NO MORE"? I think it's about time that we help our brothers and sisters FIGHT BACK. GROW A PAIR, fellow atheists; because if they can do this to one of us, they can do it to all of us.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:59:03 UTC | #475407

Bigger Al's Avatar Comment 4 by Bigger Al

One more example of Islam at work. I simply do not understand how Islam still has non-Muslim apologists. All we have to do is sit and wait and Muslims stand up and declare their faith to us. This is one such declaration. It is time we started listening to these people when they tell us about their faith.

What happened to the freedom of conscience? Where are the European countries?

The answer, too busy condemning Israel to placate their own apostate murdering Muslim minorities. We cannot give into the hate and rage of Islam.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 17:03:30 UTC | #475475

Bigger Al's Avatar Comment 5 by Bigger Al

He has repented:

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/english/details/30901/BREAKING:_Nazim_reverts_to_Islam

It is rather terrifying with the Orwellian statement he was, no doubt, forced to read.

“... And as that action was very much related to the feelings of all Maldivians, I believe that it was an agony for the Maldivian people. I deeply apologise for that to all the Maldivians. Along with that, I would like to say that the major misconceptions I had regarding Islam have been clarified. Therefore, I am now a Muslim. I want Maldivians to accept me as a Maldivian and as a child of this community,”

The Ministry of Truth sorted him out in the course of a couple of days.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:09:33 UTC | #475522

jonjermey's Avatar Comment 6 by jonjermey

And we send these people foreign aid!

http://tinyurl.com/2f7ohpu

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:09:32 UTC | #475555

Bigger Al's Avatar Comment 7 by Bigger Al

Comment 6 by jonjermey :

And we send these people foreign aid!

http://tinyurl.com/2f7ohpu

We spend billions in Saudi Arabia, a country that marries off children and imprisons women for witchcraft.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:56:06 UTC | #475575

SomersetJohn's Avatar Comment 8 by SomersetJohn

What is the difference between German Nazis, Mahommedan Nazis and Jewish Nazis?

None, they are all poisonous anti human vermin!

(I concider anyone who thinks they can kill some other group for reasons of race creed or colour to be Nazis.)

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:31:18 UTC | #475589

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 9 by mordacious1

Reading that "newspaper's" website is actually quite entertaining. For example, the President is on his way to visit Australia (everything paid for by Aussie taxpayers except airfare to/from). Click here for article about the visit.

While that may not be funny to Aussies, those with a dark sense of humor might chuckle at Mrs. Naik falling off the SS Ray Comfort and not knowing how to swim. Banana Boat And yes, I hope she's fine...although the medical care in the Maldives isn't something I would rely on.

Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:35:19 UTC | #475590

Randy Ping's Avatar Comment 10 by Randy Ping

Comment 8 by SomersetJohn :

What is the difference between German Nazis, Mahommedan Nazis and Jewish Nazis? None, they are all poisonous anti human vermin!

(I concider anyone who thinks they can kill some other group for reasons of race creed or colour to be Nazis.)

Well, you're wrong. They aren't Nazis, they're just willfully ignorant assholes. It's OK to hate them for that alone, you know.

Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:45:17 UTC | #476153