This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.

525,600 minutes-- how do YOU measure a year in a life?

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six
hundred minutes Five hundred
twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six
hundred minutes How do you measure,
measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets In midnights,
in cups of coffee In inches, in miles,
in laughter, in strife In five hundred
twenty-five thousand six hundred
minutes How do you measure, a year in
the life?

I was lucky enough to be asked to participate in our school’s opening meeting and our Superintendent put me into the choir and we sang this song (from Rent… This is just an excerpt of the lyrics). We were challenged to make every minute of our year a significant minute.

As this year draws to a close, how did YOU spend it? What was your significance this year? What do you vow to make significant in the coming year??

I look all of my students in the eye on day one and let them know that if the average life span is 84 years (pedants out there – bear with me), 84 years times 12 months a year works out to 1008 months. Let’s round down to 1000.

You get 1000 months. How many have YOU been here for? How many do YOU have left? What have YOU done with yours? What do YOU plan on getting done with the remaining months?

I'd love to hear from all the usuals here. I'd also love to hear from some new people or some people who read but do not post. BTW, non-denominational here.... Open to all. I'd especially like to hear from our believers who frequent the site.

TAGGED: BEHAVIOR, COMMENTARY

Comments

Comment RSS Feed

Please sign in or register to comment