This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.

The annual 24 hour MSF charity event

Each year members of the YouTube community come together (atheist and theist alike) to create a 24 hour live charity show in aid of Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders.

This year the event will be taking place from the 8th of September through to the 9th. The official page can be found here.

Over the past 3 events over $100,000 has been raised, with approximately 25% coming from items people have offered for auction on eBay - including my favourite item, a wonderful tie donated by Neil deGrasse Tyson :-)

I'll be donating what is probably the most unique mass-printed Quran in the world :-) It is a Quran which contains miracle claims at the back, which also has hand written + signed statements on the inside cover denouncing the contents of the book from some of the scientists that were misrepresented.

Details of item donations should be email to msfebay@ymail.com

I hope you'll be attending what has become a really good fun annual event, and some of you might have items of interest to donate. I also hope RichardDawkins.net will help to support this event by publishing this post.

TAGGED: HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS

Comments

Comment RSS Feed

Please sign in or register to comment