This site is not maintained. Click here for the new website of Richard Dawkins.

jmaycock's Profile

jmaycock's Avatar Joined over 3 years ago
Gender: Male

Latest Discussions Started by jmaycock

More Discussions by jmaycock

Latest Comments by jmaycock

Go to: UPDATED (EARLIER TIME): Richard on BBC Radio 4 Today Programme, 8.30 a.m. GMT, Tues 14 Feb

jmaycock's Avatar Jump to comment 18 by jmaycock

One of the most interesting figures is that 57% of responders who indicated they were Christian would like religious education in state funded schools to teach knowledge about the world's main faiths even-handedly, without any bias towards any particular religion. Only 15% of the same group want them to teach children to believe Christianity.

No, I change my mind. The most interesting finding was that only 30% of responders who it must be emphasised indicated they were Christian, considered themselves to have strong religious beliefs! Astounding. The other 70% had varying degrees of not considering themselves to have strong religious beliefs.

There are just so many juicy details in this report!

Thanks for commissioning it Richard.

Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:07:12 UTC | #917636

Go to: God Sent Christopher Hitchens to Hell Because He Loved Him

jmaycock's Avatar Jump to comment 194 by jmaycock

The guy is talking nonsense, but are we really surprised? Hitchens said some pretty strong things about Jerry Falwell when he died so this kind of reaction was bound to arise. Its payback for all the nasty things Hitchens said about religions and evil religious people. The fact that Christopher had good reasons for saying the things he did and this guy is talking out of his h**e is not lost on us unbelievers....

Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:35:43 UTC | #901654

Go to: In Memoriam: Christopher Hitchens, 1949–2011

jmaycock's Avatar Jump to comment 238 by jmaycock

My own father died just a few hours before Christopher. We are celebrating his life at his wake as I write this. So sad that Hitchens had to leave as well.....

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:47:34 UTC | #899776

Go to: The Magic of Reality

jmaycock's Avatar Jump to comment 14 by jmaycock

Nice summary of the book. I downloaded The Magic of Reality app and wanted to congratulate you on a really great piece of work. Keep fighting the fight and please keep writing!

Tue, 08 Nov 2011 16:33:34 UTC | #888657

Go to: Deforestation in Brazil's Amazon up 15%

jmaycock's Avatar Jump to comment 12 by jmaycock

It always makes me sad to read these articles. We are a greedy foolish lot.

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:35:11 UTC | #862825

More Comments by jmaycock