← Science leads to killing people

Science leads to killing people - Comments

Lisa Bauer's Avatar Comment 1 by Lisa Bauer

I think I'm going to vomit now. I swear I felt my IQ drop several points just from listening to Stein's remarks.

(Here's another vomit-worthy link, by the way: http://powercut.blogspot.com/2007/09/richard-dawkins-diary-entry.html I stumbled on it by accident and can't think of a thing to say, it's so vile.)

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:58:00 UTC | #162118

OverUsedChewToy's Avatar Comment 2 by OverUsedChewToy

Good thing Thunderf00t finally got a feature-his vids are top-notch

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:59:00 UTC | #162120

riandouglas's Avatar Comment 3 by riandouglas

Ben Stein is scum!

What a hideous man

EDIT: I've gotten 1 minute in

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:07:00 UTC | #162127

The Truth, the light's Avatar Comment 4 by The Truth, the light

Stein's hypocrisy shows no bounds.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:12:00 UTC | #162132

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 5 by mordacious1

OK OK this guy is obviously WAY out there. The scary thing is that the creationists are eating this stuff up. Fortunately I don't think the majority of non-fundies will ever see it.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:13:00 UTC | #162134

DavidJGrossman's Avatar Comment 6 by DavidJGrossman

I still suspect that Ben Stein is suffering from some kind of mental illness. Or, perhaps he had a stroke. A frontal lobotomy wouldn't be out of the question.

Ben, you're a sick sick man.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:14:00 UTC | #162136

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 7 by mordacious1

If Stein wants to know what kind of response his piece of crap is getting he should visit this site. Can he really be this ridiculously pathetic or is he just making an easy buck off the ignorant religious turds?

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:29:00 UTC | #162145

MaxD's Avatar Comment 8 by MaxD

Ugh. This is annoying. If that is the kind of logic and reasoning skill produced at Yale I am unimpresssed.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:32:00 UTC | #162148

room101's Avatar Comment 9 by room101

OverUsedChewToy:

Good thing Thunderf00t finally got a feature-his vids are top-notch

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree! I encourage everyone to check out Thunderf00t's collection of videos on youtube. They are without a doubt some of the best amateur and scientifically literate videos that debunk creation science and all of its' lunatic drivel and assertions.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:35:00 UTC | #162149

riandouglas's Avatar Comment 10 by riandouglas

I'm a little surprised, that given the number of comments at the movie blog site thing, and that the lying thread was linked from there, that there have been so few drive by's.
Perhaps I missed the worst of it.

Oh yeah, Stein and the host as...well I want to say it, but I've heard it's only given to irate_atheist and The Reverend Dark.

"Deluded fools who revel in their ignorance" will have to do

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:36:00 UTC | #162150

DarwinsPitbull's Avatar Comment 11 by DarwinsPitbull

I don't think Stein is really nuts, or at least not 100% nuts. He is playing to the crowd that will go and watch this movie. You don't think that all the religious people who deny evolution weren't applauding when he said all those ridiculous things in that interview. So he knows he's not going to convince any rational, intelligent person on his views so he's targeting a specific audience with his rhetoric and they will most likely go and watch his film because of it. If thats not why he's doing it, then he is a complete nutjob and should be put in a asylum.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:37:00 UTC | #162151

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 12 by mordacious1

Ben Stein and GW Bush, both Yale grads. I won't be sending my kids there.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:38:00 UTC | #162153

riandouglas's Avatar Comment 13 by riandouglas

mordacious1: Ben Stein and GW Bush, both Yale grads. I won't be sending my kids there.

Nah, the school is probably fine.
You're kids aren't mentally ill are they? Because that could cause problems :-)

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:46:00 UTC | #162161

Geodesic17's Avatar Comment 15 by Geodesic17

I remember when Jimmy Kimmel and Ben Stein would visit Loveline with Dr. Drew and Adam Corrola. I wonder what Dr. Drew thinks of Stein now.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:52:00 UTC | #162164

MaxD's Avatar Comment 14 by MaxD

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:52:00 UTC | #162163

room101's Avatar Comment 16 by room101

mordacious1:

I wonder this myself. After listening to Mark Mathis' evisceration at the hands of the Sci. Amer. editors I wondered how someone so ignorant and duplicitous could believe what he was actually saying. Then I realized: he most likely doesn't. He's just trying to sell his product, is all.

I could picture Mathis at the end of that interview removing his headset, looking at John Rennie and the other editors and saying: "Look guys, I don't really believe Stein's crap. I'm just trying to make a buck, you know???"

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:58:00 UTC | #162167

riandouglas's Avatar Comment 17 by riandouglas

Just finished watching it.
The stupid...it burns!

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:59:00 UTC | #162168

History_Junky's Avatar Comment 18 by History_Junky

Ben Steins intelligence is proven through his incredibly inaccurate doomsday scenario. Why the hell would China fire upon its own administered area and why the heck would China fire a nuke so close to its shores? The last time I checked Iran and Saudi Arabia were trying to patch things up, maybe Stein was afraid of talking about a possible nuclear holocaust descending upon Israel.

Thanks for showing us how big of a douche you have to be in order for one to qualify as a creationist Mr Stein. Well played.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:07:00 UTC | #162169

riandouglas's Avatar Comment 19 by riandouglas

MaxD: I was thinking that what really kills people dead is reactionary, short term gain politics both foreign and domestically applied. It is certainly a kind of politics endorsed by Stein.

I'm taking a stab in the dark, but i'd say those same policies get people wealth and power.
As Stein is not likely to ever serve, I wonder where he'd fit into that?

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:08:00 UTC | #162170

stevencarrwork's Avatar Comment 20 by stevencarrwork

Why is Stein worried that American cannot respond to 3 wars at once?

What is so difficult about praying for 3 places at once, rather than praying for just 1?

Or does Stein turn atheist as soon as he wants something done, and knows damn well that there is no god who is going to do it?

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:13:00 UTC | #162172

Dr Benway's Avatar Comment 21 by Dr Benway

Science won WWII for the allies - Enigma, radar, sonar, jet flight, etc. Science defeated the Nazis. Science liberated the Jews from the camps.

MPhil, how do the Germans feel about Ben Stein wandering around holocaust memorials with a film crew for this bit of propaganda?

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:14:00 UTC | #162173

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 22 by rod-the-farmer

The poll on the web site

shows that as of 0200, 28th April 2008, approx. 428,000 people have voted, of which 97.7 % were opposed to the statement that

Do you think the theory of Intelligent Design should be taught in our education system ?

but Stein says the movie is getting breathtaking reception.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:15:00 UTC | #162174

Diacanu's Avatar Comment 23 by Diacanu

DarwinsPitbill-

He is playing to the crowd that will go and watch this movie.

The same crowd most likely to get flag waved and fear mongered into shipping their sons off to all those lovely wars his buddies have planned.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:15:00 UTC | #162175

Dr Benway's Avatar Comment 24 by Dr Benway

What's interesting about Stein's bomb scenario is who doesn't get nuked by Iran. Hmmm.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:16:00 UTC | #162176

MaxD's Avatar Comment 25 by MaxD

Stein is the goofy machivellian kind political mind that likes to play at morality, but I notice how narrow his sympathies always seem to be. Where was Ben Stein on Darfur, Uganda, Somalia once that mess landed in Clinton's lap? Where was Stein on Bosnia? I am just going to bet it wasn't likely you'd hear him espousing any kind human rights based military action. I could be wrong but I just did a quick google search and found nothing on it.
He just likes playing big super power politics. Screw him

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:18:00 UTC | #162178

huzonfurst's Avatar Comment 26 by huzonfurst

Holy Christ, this guy is far worse than I imagined! How is such slanderous, flat-out lying even legal - it's as bad as talk radio, the right-wing flamefests that complain about "liberal media" as they predominate in it.

There's a temporary antidote out there, though: Martin Scorsese's concert film of the Rolling Stones in I-Max, called "Shine A Light." These guys may look dead but they're the liveliest corpses you'll ever see!

Thank God for "Sympathy for the Devil!"

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:19:00 UTC | #162179

riandouglas's Avatar Comment 27 by riandouglas

History_Junk: Also did anyone get the bit where he said science gives the notion that man is nothing more then mud and dirt hit by lightning? Sounds awfully similar to the bible story of adam and his creation. Poor saps getting his own fantasies mixed up with his horrible bigoted rantings.

But with Genesis you get a magical ingredient - Yahweh spit. What, you thought it was his breath that gave life. Not a chance.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:35:00 UTC | #162180

Quine's Avatar Comment 29 by Quine

I think I need to listen to some Vogon poetry to recover from that.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:40:00 UTC | #162184

EvidenceOnly's Avatar Comment 28 by EvidenceOnly

The true meaning of the title: "EXPELLED, NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED" just became crystal clear to me:

1. EXPELLED is the nonsense of anything not based on scientific evidence at any University worthy of such a name.

2. NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED is the target audience of their movie.

3. SCIENCE is the arch enemy of IDiots and Creationists. When people use their brain they would not fall for their biblical nonsense.

4. KILLING is what Ben Stein wants to see more of and at a much larger scale than the killings he accuses Darwin of doing during the Holocaust.

This man belongs in a mental institution.

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:40:00 UTC | #162183

Roland_F's Avatar Comment 30 by Roland_F

28. Comment #170741 by EvidenceOnly

This man belongs in a mental institution.

There are Republicans from the Bible belt who want to bomb Mecca.
And last weekend I read that Hillary Clinton in some election campaign speech promised to erase Iran and all it's inhabitants (more than 70 million) from the map if they would attack Israel ( a nation with one of the biggest nuke arsenals worldwide and means to deliver them themselves).

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:59:00 UTC | #162191