← A secular world is a sane world

A secular world is a sane world - Comments

Darwin's badger's Avatar Comment 1 by Darwin's badger

Keep fighting the good fight, Pat. Great stuff as per.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:20:00 UTC | #190360

Faith Minus's Avatar Comment 2 by Faith Minus

Brilliant as always.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:31:00 UTC | #190364

8teist's Avatar Comment 3 by 8teist

Once again 100% correct on all points.

Pat Condell for Prime Minister, U got my vote ,or President , hell, I would vote Pat in as the new Ayofuckingtollah if I could.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:26:00 UTC | #190391

lordxenu's Avatar Comment 4 by lordxenu

Good show, sir

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:33:00 UTC | #190394

tieInterceptor's Avatar Comment 5 by tieInterceptor

glad to see that Pat is back in full form.

his previous video was somehow not up to par to his usual level,

this new one is back on the mark.

say No to Islamofascism now! before is too late

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:41:00 UTC | #190398

riki's Avatar Comment 6 by riki

One of Pat's best videos, direct and to the point.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:32:00 UTC | #190427

Rational_G's Avatar Comment 7 by Rational_G

You tell 'em, Pat!

Note to religious:

Keep your stupid bullshit to yourself!

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:40:00 UTC | #190428

Quine's Avatar Comment 8 by Quine

Go Pat!

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:24:00 UTC | #190440

Stephen Maxwell's Avatar Comment 9 by Stephen Maxwell

If you're looking for some more light comedic relief on YouTube, check out PaulsEgo:

Here's his profile - http://uk.youtube.com/user/PaulsEgo

Here's his latest video - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lBNKEi1a9-w

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:53:00 UTC | #190448

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 10 by mordacious1

In the first 45 seconds of this video, and a few places later, Pat describes why christianity is as dangerous as islam. Thewhitepearl and I were discussing this with Fanusi awhile back, I don't think we got our point across. Pat does this nicely. By making sure that they, the christians, can keep their bennies, they open the gate wide for even more extremist religions. If we could put the stop on christians in our governments, then at the same time, we could be restricting islam.

ps. sorry, to thewhitepearl if I put words in your mouth that you don't agree with.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:00:00 UTC | #190451

henning's Avatar Comment 11 by henning

Excellent.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:12:00 UTC | #190453

black wolf's Avatar Comment 12 by black wolf

I'd wager we'll need neurological treatment before we out-evolve religion. Especially as most religions preach reproduction with a very high priority on their lists of what their brain-person wants, right next to bringing the little children to them. As they believe that there's a soul that corresponds to a deity independently of the brain, and perfectly able to outlive the body, they would surely have no problem at all to swallow that little pill, right? It would just prove that the soul exists and doesn't change (with all our morality, conscience and character contained within), logically being no matter what we do with our brains after all, right?

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:45:00 UTC | #190473

moderndaythomas's Avatar Comment 13 by moderndaythomas

I like here how Pat doesn't attack a person's chosen brand of faith so much as the political and social power that has been allowed religion.

If we don't shake off religion, we won't shake off Islam.

He goes on to clarify that Islam is part and parcel to any and that that special status reserved for by Islam is what must be squashed.

By legislating religion out of the public life and back into the private domain where it belongs.

I agree here but only in principle. Ignorance sadly is every bodies right.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:47:00 UTC | #190474

Decon's Avatar Comment 14 by Decon

This man is brilliant. Islam needs to be neutralized in Europe as soon as possible!

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:18:00 UTC | #190480

kram50's Avatar Comment 15 by kram50

Very well done Pat!

They need to wake up real soon...now, not later,now!!

I have never been more attentive to world affairs since I shed the bullshit....I don't feel I have the ability to change things...I wish I did!!!

There are just too many deluded beleivers out there to reach...I feel like my hands are tied and I can only sit back and watch the free world go down the toilet.

But I will never go down without a fight!!!

That's how I feel today.

I've said it before...isn't there a pill they (the deluded ones) can take?

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:20:00 UTC | #190494

clearthinker's Avatar Comment 16 by clearthinker

This reminds me of the kind of rant one gets from the BNP or any neo-facist group. An angry middle aged white man stares to camera and spouts irrational, emotive prejudice which only appeals to those who already share those prejudices. 'Islam needs to be neutralised' and of course then Christianity needs to be neutralised as Islam and Christianity are just the same. All religions need to be removed. Religion only exists for the clergy - they are maggots who are feeding off 'our' freedoms.

In the Brave New World of Atheist facism one can only shudder at the thought of what being 'neutralised' means. After all we have tried that before in Europe. As for Pats hysterical notion that athiests have been quiet and need to be more assertive - it would be hilarious if it was not so pathetic.

This video exemplifies precisely what is wrong with the new atheist fundamentalism. Ignorant, prejudiced, illogical, intolerant and a monologue. There is no need to engage in debate or dialogue when one know s that one is right. Just play the role of the angry middle aged white man. Pat is a preacher preaching to the converted. He is on a par with some Mullah ranting about Jihad and the evil West. The only difference is that his congregation are atheists and that they have more power than the Muslims.

Kram50 - I would love to see this video out in the public eye as well. In fact I intend to point as many people to it as possible (in the same way that I often point people to the racist drivel of the BNP) because it shows everyone else the irrationality, ignorance and prejudice of atheist fundamnetalism - unless of course you are already a True Believer.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:37:00 UTC | #190497

epeeist's Avatar Comment 18 by epeeist

Comment #200577 by clearthinker

In the Brave New World of Atheist facism
Newsflash: In a clip today David Robertson used the phrase "atheist fascism".

When asked why he stated "Well, 'atheist fundamentalism' seems to have been losing its impact. I needed to find something else to infuriate people on the Dawkins web site and hide the fact that I am a drive by poster with no arguments."

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:21:00 UTC | #190505

Logicel's Avatar Comment 17 by Logicel

It is wonderful that the tacit respect that these pious parasites have been given for so long is being eroded slowly but surely.

I would love to see fathers, real fathers, with kids, whom they love dearly, march on the Vatican, protesting that phony "Holy Father," with placards, describing all the immoral and insane teachings of that particular pious parasite, and all the harm that pious parasite and his thuggish gang of pious parasites have done and is doing.

clearthinker, you are a pious parasite. No one is going to stop you forcefully from selling the wretched insanity that you peddle, but it will stop eventually through education, protest, and relentless criticism.

Suck on that, you pious parasite. And thanks for furthering our education efforts by spreading Pat's video, you wanker.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:21:00 UTC | #190504

Logicel's Avatar Comment 19 by Logicel

epeeist, clearthinker (I needed to find something else to infuriate people on the Dawkins web site) needs to check in with a psychiatrist for help in his obession with this site.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:32:00 UTC | #190506

HAMMERHEAD's Avatar Comment 20 by HAMMERHEAD

clearthinker,

Wow. You are deep in devotion to your cult. clearthinker, indeed.

Mr. Condell,

Your work is much appreciated and should be broadcast nightly on all channels during prime time. Look into that for me, will you?

Thanks,
HAMMERHEAD

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:34:00 UTC | #190507

Barry Pearson's Avatar Comment 21 by Barry Pearson

#200574 by kram50: I would like to see this video put right out there in the public eye...perhaps on the evening news...on the front page of all newspapers...it should be shown in all churches. It is most important that the moderates, who are quite indifferent to the plite of the free world, get a mitt full of reality on a regular basis! I don't think the majority of beleivers actually know what the hell is going on this world.

#200577 by clearthinker: Kram50 - I would love to see this video out in the public eye as well.
Something we can all agree about, gosh!

Pat Condell's YouTube videos (he's done 42 of them) always get viewed by lots of people, and get lots of very complimentary comments. Obviously that is mostly a self-selecting group, but it is a large group. (This one currently has 1363 views on YouTube alone, and is also available elsewhere).

People feel that he is expressing something that needs to be said, because people don't like the way the lives of the rest of us are impacted by religion. If religions and religious people ceased trying to force us to do things we don't want to do, or stop us doing things we do want to do, or threaten us (and sometimes damage us), we would be vastly less vocal. Pat Condell wouldn't then make his videos.

clearthinker: on 23 June I asked you to give your views on my page proposing that all concerned should treat religious practices as hobbies. I haven't seen a response from you. It is my proposed model for coexistence without conflict, and if adopted would cause much of the anti-religion polemic to go away. I am actively promoting this proposal (for example, as an early comment to Pat Condell's video on YouTube, and in comments to articles in onlines news sources). Please have a look and comment:

"Religions are hobbies"

Thank you in advance.

My 23 June request to you:

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:37:00 UTC | #190508

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 22 by mordacious1

David

Tera doesn't want me calling you and your kind fucktards anymore, so I won't, but just remember, I'm thinking it.

"This reminds me of the kind of rant one gets from the BNP or any neo-fascist group. An angry middle aged white man stares to camera and spouts irrational, emotive prejudice which only appeals to those who already share those prejudices."

Reminds me more of you.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:37:00 UTC | #190509

Logicel's Avatar Comment 23 by Logicel

epeeist wrote: Newsflash: In a clip today David Robertson used the phrase "atheist fascism".
_______

Does clearthinker think we are closet Christians/Catholics? As they were the ones closely affilated with fascism.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:40:00 UTC | #190510

Logicel's Avatar Comment 24 by Logicel

Barry Pearson, have not read yet your writings on the hobby approach. Does your approach mean that pious parasites would need to get real jobs (as far as I know governments don't subsidize hobbies) in order to practice their hobbies?

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:49:00 UTC | #190512

decius's Avatar Comment 25 by decius

Some visual mnemonic aid to the cognitively-impaired Robertson, who won't understand anything substantial in written form or otherwise anchored in reason and/or reality.

Mussolini, the father of fascism signing the infamous pact with the Vatican.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:52:00 UTC | #190513

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 26 by mordacious1

When is Josh going to get this site back to automatically posting links? It is annoying.

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:56:00 UTC | #190514

epeeist's Avatar Comment 27 by epeeist

Comment #200595 by decius

Mussolini, the father of fascism signing the infamous pact with the Vatican.
But as Billy Sands will remind you, DAR signed the Westminster Declaration of Faith - http://www.freechurch.org/resources/confessions/westminster.htm

Sat, 28 Jun 2008 00:03:00 UTC | #190515

Koreman's Avatar Comment 28 by Koreman

The popular Dutch weblog Geenstijl.nl was ordered to contact the police last week to make a statement about 15 anonymous comments in 2006. 15 comments out of millions. Other blogs/sites faced similar 'invitations'.

It is pure intimidation.

Sat, 28 Jun 2008 00:04:00 UTC | #190516

epeeist's Avatar Comment 29 by epeeist

Comment #200596 by mordacious1

My previous post was parsed correctly and the link inserted automatically. So it is probably down to your set up rather than the site.

It might be worth deleting any cookies associated with the site and trying again.

Sat, 28 Jun 2008 00:05:00 UTC | #190518

Goldy's Avatar Comment 30 by Goldy

Indeed we have, DR, indeed we have. For centuries people have been neutralised - and for what? Worshipping the wrong gods ring a bell? Sexuality (I'm pretty sure you don't like homosexuality)? Or how about your personal favourite - being a Catholic. You hate them, I take it. After all, you subscribe to this
CHAP. XXV. - Of the Church.

V. The purest churches under heaven are subject both to mixture and error; and some have so degenerated, as to become no churches of Christ, but synagogues of Satan. Nevertheless, there shall be always a church on earth, to worship God according to his will.
VI. There is no other head of the church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor can the pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof; but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God.

Synagogues of Satan. What an odd choice of word for describing a place of worship dedicated to Satan (there is only one god, right? So Satan isn't a god...but how can one tell - he appears as powerful as God!). Are Jews followers of Satan too?
What a vile religion you follow!

Sat, 28 Jun 2008 00:30:00 UTC | #190523