← Marcus Brigstocke - ANOTHER Great Religion Rant - ten commandments with funny pictures

Marcus Brigstocke - ANOTHER Great Religion Rant - ten commandments with funny pictures - Comments

Ignorant Amos's Avatar Comment 1 by Ignorant Amos

I like his sharp and fast way....

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:43:00 UTC | #380860

HenryFord's Avatar Comment 2 by HenryFord

Brilliant. I've started liking him more since they got into the flow of it on Argumental. The first series and a bit was a bit poor, but it looks like they've got the gist of it now (similar to how it took Mock the Week a little while to get any good).

Love the Dawkins reference as well. Good comedy should not be afraid to take the piss out of anyone, even if you agree with them on many things (as, I believe, Marcus agrees with much of Richard's work).

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:13:00 UTC | #380862

oliverbeatson's Avatar Comment 3 by oliverbeatson

So sorry to be the partridge amongst the pigeons, but does anyone know where to get the audio from this? I'm afraid YouTube is evil, according to my internet service providers, and must be filtered at the expense of any... educational... value.

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:19:00 UTC | #380863

Squigit's Avatar Comment 4 by Squigit

LOL! "Richard Dawkins would quarral with his own reflection"

My husband once told me I'd do just that if I could...

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:36:00 UTC | #380868

Chris Davis's Avatar Comment 5 by Chris Davis

@#3. Comment #398266 by oliverbeatson

Good grief! I think what you have there is an Internet Service Miser, actually. Blocking Youtube - for all its many faults - is appallingly blanket censorship. Practically any form of information with a visual component, and many without, wind up on there. What nutters would block it all?

Er, you're not in North Korea, are you?

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:36:00 UTC | #380869

beelzebub's Avatar Comment 6 by beelzebub

Oliverbeatson, if you are in the UK, you can try BBC's Listen Again feature. This particular show is here "http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lmdh0/The_Now_Show_Series_28_Episode_4/"

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:46:00 UTC | #380870

Steve Zara's Avatar Comment 7 by Steve Zara

For those in the UK, I can also recommend Dara O'Briain, who is a hugely funny and inventive atheist, rationalist comic and ex-scientist:

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:51:00 UTC | #380872

brian thomson's Avatar Comment 8 by brian thomson

The Now Show is one of the Friday Night Comedy podcasts - downloadable here.

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:33:00 UTC | #380889

PERSON's Avatar Comment 9 by PERSON

#3. Comment #398266 by oliverbeatson
"YouTube is evil, according to my internet service providers"
Name and shame. Or is it a work/school internet feed?

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:57:00 UTC | #380912

Enlightenme..'s Avatar Comment 10 by Enlightenme..

Ha ha, I like that he has a go at Ann Widdecombe.

This was her talking to Andrew Neil on BBC 'straightalk' last week and getting herself all tied up in knots:

“When I was an anglican and then I was an agnostic and then a catholic.. and.. so now I say I’m not so much pro-life because I’m a catholic as a catholic because I’m pro-life."

Andrew Neil: ...."Homosexuality?”

Anne: "Well, uh.. uhm.. I’m not against homosexuality.. as such..
uh.. I’m just against homosexual acts…. -look,look I’m against.. erm marital infidelity does that make me a heterophobe?"

NNNGGGRRaaaaaagh! -FUCKSAKEwoman

My best guess is that poor old Anne isn’t the slightest bit homophobic in her heart, and quite possibly couldn’t give a toss either way about homosexual acts, but she’s just stuck - put on the spot and trying her best.

..and the stuckness that Anne suffers from is trying to run two completely incompatible sets of software concurrently through the same section of brain-matter - trying to stuff the straight from her heart stuff through the extra ‘what I'm supposed to say as a representative of my chosen tribe’ dll's.

Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:57:00 UTC | #380920

Ignorant Amos's Avatar Comment 11 by Ignorant Amos

Marcus reminds me a bit of Ben Elton in his style and rhetoric...

Slightly off thread....

I see Stephen Fry is to be the sparing partner of Christopher Hitchins in a debate on ‘The Catholic church is a force for good in the world’ against Ann Widdecombe and some other holy roller, its on October 19th 2009 at Methodist Central Hall Westminster beginning at 6:45PM.

Details and tickets available here

Should be a bit of a knock down contest...like to see that one posted here sometime after, I'm sure you'd all agree.

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:55:00 UTC | #380926

Oromasdes1978's Avatar Comment 12 by Oromasdes1978

Enlightenme..

I saw on some religious weirdness programme on Channel 4 where Anne confessed that she found the Anglican church too soft where as she felt Catholicism gave her that special edge!

Well done Mr Brigstocke, fantastic rant!

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:12:00 UTC | #380927

whig's Avatar Comment 13 by whig

#398275

Wouldn't former science student be a better way of putting it? Otherwise it sounds like he's repudiated science.

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:58:00 UTC | #380931

Liln's Avatar Comment 14 by Liln

*delurks*

oliverbeatson

Did a quick conversion to mp3 with YouTube Downloader. The mp3 file is uploaded here.

:o) Liln

*relurks*

Edited for really funky HTML

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 02:06:00 UTC | #380932

DamnDirtyApe's Avatar Comment 15 by DamnDirtyApe

Hitchens & Fry? Wow, that's gonna be an interesting combo.

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 04:47:00 UTC | #380956

SaganTheCat's Avatar Comment 16 by SaganTheCat

#15

interesting maybe, devastating for sure

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 04:56:00 UTC | #380957

Mark Jones's Avatar Comment 17 by Mark Jones

Comment #398329 by Ignorant Amos

Thanks for that Amos. I've booked tickets - can't miss a chance to hear Hitchens and Fry, even if the high pitched squeals of Doris Karloff will also be audible (just).

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 05:45:00 UTC | #380960

God fearing Atheist's Avatar Comment 18 by God fearing Atheist

11 #398329 Ignorant Amos

Yep.

17. Mark Jones
I've booked tickets

Sometimes (not often) I'm jealous of people who live in or around London.

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:09:00 UTC | #380965

Ignorant Amos's Avatar Comment 19 by Ignorant Amos

Mark Jones, GFA, the green is hanging out of me and its not because I'm Irish....envious!!!

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:37:00 UTC | #380968

HenryFord's Avatar Comment 20 by HenryFord

Hmm, I might take a long weekend in London then. Aunty Betty can pay for the plane tickets :D

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:48:00 UTC | #380969

SaganTheCat's Avatar Comment 21 by SaganTheCat

I have sort of nudged Mandette but I think the answer is no :o(

still, we are going to see Marcus Brigstocke when he comes to town :o)

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:50:00 UTC | #380971

technogogo's Avatar Comment 22 by technogogo

The unease of the audience after the comments on islam was both palpable and extremely telling.

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:57:00 UTC | #380985

oliverbeatson's Avatar Comment 23 by oliverbeatson

No, it's T-Mobile internet actually! Pure evil.

And thank you for the response! Now I can learn. :D

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:06:00 UTC | #380988

the great teapot's Avatar Comment 24 by the great teapot

Tosser,
that's what happens when your forehead is too big for your body.

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:24:00 UTC | #381018

Rawhard Dickins's Avatar Comment 25 by Rawhard Dickins

If Jesus did any good to humanity you would expect to see a change in population levels shortly after the time of Jesus.

Clearly this did not happen. Was it all a terrible mistake on the part of God?

Great video!

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:19:00 UTC | #381121

Big T's Avatar Comment 26 by Big T

The Koran available in two-ply. I love it!

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:55:00 UTC | #381139

crabsallover's Avatar Comment 27 by crabsallover

Marcus Brigstocke first rant in 2007 about Muslims, Jews and Christians; also on the Now Show.

Muslims. What is wrong with a strongly worded letter to The Times?!

Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:46:00 UTC | #381201

Enlightenme..'s Avatar Comment 28 by Enlightenme..

24. Comment #398423 by the great teapot on July 21

"Tosser,
that's what happens when your forehead is too big for your body.
Technogogo, comments on islam mean jackshit to a comedy audience in the UK, any tension is between your own ears,offending Mo means nothing even to the wi."

----------

Um..
Did you actually listen to the posted audio?

You could hear the audience check themselves to see if they should keep laughing, or whether he has 'overstepped the mark'*, and it was excellent social commentary on Marcus's part to have anticipated that, which he incorporated into the piece.

*The mark set by the easy hijacking of Islamaphobiaphobic whiteguilt to make (this) society step back from criticism of 'the' 'Islamic Culture'.

Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:00:00 UTC | #381227

Rich Wiltshir's Avatar Comment 29 by Rich Wiltshir

Do the god squad acknowledge that Richard Dawkins HAS a reflection....

Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:22:00 UTC | #381228

pipsy's Avatar Comment 30 by pipsy

"Sin" (whatever that means) is the only thing worth living for

Wed, 22 Jul 2009 02:14:00 UTC | #381237