← Richard Dawkins - Darwin's Brave New World

Richard Dawkins - Darwin's Brave New World - Comments

A's Avatar Comment 1 by A

This man must be stopped.

Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:51:00 UTC | #407434

Sally Luxmoore's Avatar Comment 2 by Sally Luxmoore

Brilliant. I really like these.
Richard is so calm and professional, using such an intimate style of careful explanation.
Very 'unthreatening' for those who have been led to believe the bogeyman image.
I like the mention of humblebees. I loved that bit of the Origin when I first read it.

Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:14:00 UTC | #407436

MrPickwick's Avatar Comment 3 by MrPickwick

Totally ot: Happy Birthday Universe!
According to Ussher chronology the first day of creation began at nightfall preceding Sunday October 23, 4004 BC!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology)

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 00:17:00 UTC | #407445

NoFearNoLimits's Avatar Comment 4 by NoFearNoLimits

Thanks for posting this :)
Here is a youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIa74Ap9-Uc

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 01:04:00 UTC | #407452

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 5 by mordacious1

Nice interview...if the creationists would only stop and realize the pure majesty of our universe and the beauty of the life that surrounds us...without god...and that they can understand it and it becomes even more beautiful (oops, I'm having an Unweaving the Rainbow moment. Hard not to when Richard talks like this).

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 02:39:00 UTC | #407462

stevem's Avatar Comment 6 by stevem

This is part of a 3 part series called "Darwin's Brave New World". It will be shown on CBC's "The Nature of Things" starting November 1. I believe it was a joint Australian/Canadian production so it might be shown there as well.

My two favourite atheistic scientists in one program (David Suzuki & RD). Should be good.

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:27:00 UTC | #407517

NewEnglandBob's Avatar Comment 7 by NewEnglandBob

Very nice talk.

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:08:00 UTC | #407594

TurkishAtheist's Avatar Comment 8 by TurkishAtheist

I feel privileged to share the same time period with Mr. Dawkins to witness his intellectual crusade against ignorance.

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:21:00 UTC | #407656

n8cutting's Avatar Comment 9 by n8cutting

I just hope someday I may learn close to the amount of knowledge and have the etiquite in such a frustrating topic as this one man posesses. Bless you (non-religiously, of course) Mr. Richard Dawkins. You are truly a gift to our society, and more importantly, to our species.

Fri, 23 Oct 2009 01:07:00 UTC | #407687

My Shapely Assets's Avatar Comment 10 by My Shapely Assets

Thank you for keeping this in the RDF archives as i couldn't get it on Youtube.
I needed to know a few bits n' bobs about Darwin for my course.New term has started. It's lovely to be able to enjoy learning, [instead of it being a chore!]. Richard Dawkins helps people all over the world achieve this with his composed teaching methods.

Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:23:41 UTC | #951316