← An interview with a Taliban Trained Suicide Bomber {With English S/T}

An interview with a Taliban Trained Suicide Bomber {With English S/T} - Comments

Friend Giskard's Avatar Comment 1 by Friend Giskard

Nothing new here. Pretty much what I thought he would say.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:16:00 UTC | #413289

Mr Blue Sky's Avatar Comment 2 by Mr Blue Sky

Deluded meathead - do not bother to view IMHO

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:21:00 UTC | #413290

stevenLagnew's Avatar Comment 3 by stevenLagnew

People like this guy are beyond hope. Honestly if they openly admit their intentions like this. Then are ever caught by a Western Government I say that Capital punishment is the only option.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:25:00 UTC | #413291

Bonzai's Avatar Comment 5 by Bonzai

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:26:00 UTC | #413294

RichardofYork's Avatar Comment 4 by RichardofYork

Sad ,but not surprising . Brain washing seems like it works well . The ignorance of it all; 70 virgins what utter crap

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:26:00 UTC | #413292

Azven's Avatar Comment 6 by Azven

Some strange questions "some may grow up to be ike you - are they not innocent" - perhaps something is lost in translation!

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:27:00 UTC | #413295

LaurieB's Avatar Comment 7 by LaurieB

It's hard to imagine but there must have been a time, maybe a couple of decades ago, when this guy was a happy-go-lucky kid in the street kicking a ball around with his neighborhood pals. Maybe his only worry was what was for dinner and where to scrape up a few coins to buy a candy bar.

Look at him now. Not one ounce of compassion for a single human, not even babies and children and not even the will to save himself. His mind has been hijacked. He's a shell of a human. This is pitiful and alarming at the same time. He's a robot that has been programed to kill.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:34:00 UTC | #413298

Lapin Diabolique's Avatar Comment 8 by Lapin Diabolique

Around 1:33 this fine example of a human being states:" even then I will blow myself".

Perhaps something went awry during the translation process, or perhaps all this suicide violence is merely the infelicitous result of semi-literate people misunderstanding an exhortation towards autofellatio.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:54:00 UTC | #413300

WilliamSatire's Avatar Comment 9 by WilliamSatire

@Azven: I thought that a good well thought out question. It's something I've always wanted to know of fantatics willing to kill - that is how do you justify killing children when if they were not killed they may have grown up to share your beliefs - I don't think the point is that they may become bombers too, I think the Anchor means that he is deciding their fate before they've decided it for themselves, and that surely that must be wrong even within the context of religion and holy war. I would have thought that from a religious point of view, killing someone at any time in their life takes away the possibility that they have converted to your beliefs. To get a bit philisophical - what is the point of a god giving us a free will and a life to lead (as all Abrahamic religions believe), if a human bomber can take it away before the full potential ath has unraveled. Surely they are missing the point of the whole free will/life to lead exercise. I don't think I'm explaining myself very well - it's been a long day!!

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:12:00 UTC | #413305

Rich Wiltshir's Avatar Comment 10 by Rich Wiltshir

And his "leader" stays in the background and.......

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:14:00 UTC | #413306

RainDear's Avatar Comment 11 by RainDear

This guy is a real antidote to cultural relativism. But I still couldn't help trying to figure him out.

Does he really hate the so-called enemy enough to accept babies as collateral victims? Is it just psychopathy combined with very low IQ and deprivation of a decent education? Or is it that the sexual frustration is so strong and his only hope to ever get laid is the 72 raisins? Or are his answers mostly childish defiance, his refusing to show any remorse an attempt to save his face after failing his mission?

If this had been my first time encountering this stuff, I would have found it very hard to believe he actually believes what he says. And I still find myself constantly wondering, whether this is some racist propaganda video full of mistranslations etc.

This guy is intellectually so far from being our fellow human, that it's actually difficult to hate him. He seems so inferior, that I find it hard to see him as a threat. Just like I don't see an enraged bonobo as a threat.

It might be a part of the reason why a lot European countries are in trouble with muslim influence. We feel so arrogantly superior and invulnerable that we fail to protect the secular values that we have slowly been learning through suffering centuries of religious and patriotic bigotry and countless of meaningless wars.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:33:00 UTC | #413313

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 12 by Stafford Gordon

Religion does truly poison everything.

I heard a teenager on the radio the other day who'd witnessed his mother drowning in flood waters; he said he had no clothes other than those he was wearing, he had nothing, not even shoes; no money so he couldn't even go to school.

He said that all he could do was sit around and wait for god to instruct him.

I was reminded of the debate about the Roman Catholic Church being a force for good in the world; I wondered if this young man was a Catholic; what ever dogma he suffered it has clearly rendered him totally disabled.

A force for good - don't make me sick.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:54:00 UTC | #413320

tgrman123's Avatar Comment 13 by tgrman123

The interviewr should have asked the bomber if he knows what 'brain washing' means. Or perhaps if he knows what 'death cult' means. Maybe if these phrases were clearly defined for him, maybe it would be a start of some kind of meaningful dialog?

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:00:00 UTC | #413323

Prankster's Avatar Comment 14 by Prankster

Disturbing-poor sap is just on fucking autopilot.

Was he caught as he failed to carry out his mission, or did his nerve fail him I wonder? Yet he says "God willing" he would do it all again....I personnally think he's beyond help or even redemption, just a sick deluded all-hating automaton.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:03:00 UTC | #413327

Dhamma's Avatar Comment 15 by Dhamma

Do you think he's up for a discussion on evolution?

I'm starting to believe that some people truly are beyond repair. No matter what.

Everything you've learned can be unlearned... I thought.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:06:00 UTC | #413328

rod-the-farmer's Avatar Comment 16 by rod-the-farmer

I would appreciate if there are any on this web site who speak his language, if they could confirm the accuracy of the translation sub-titles. It did seem the inquisitor (?) occasionally spoke for a long time, yet the sub-title stayed the same. I wonder if we missed something.

What do you do with someone like this ? I guess the trick is to find the people who made him into this pitiless non-human. I suspect few of the teachers actually did a suicide bombing, they just train and exhort others (young men, mostly) to do it in the twisted name of their god.

I have a tiny bit more respect for the "Kill them all, and let god sort them out" approach I have heard. What it must be like to be a soldier in places where this guy lives !

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:18:00 UTC | #413329

Drosera's Avatar Comment 17 by Drosera

What I would have said to him:

"Listen, you stupid monkey. There is no Allah, there is no Heaven. There are no 72 virgins waiting for you. Nothing. When you blow yourself to pieces then that's it. You will have lived a worthless life, and you will have died a worthless death. Your so-called teachers have turned you into a murdering zombie. Everything that could have made you a loved and respected human being has been killed in you. You are less than a cockroach now. I feel sick just from watching you."

But I have the feeling that one might as well talk to a brick.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:56:00 UTC | #413336

Aztek's Avatar Comment 18 by Aztek

Really sad how some can be completely brain washed and lose their ability to reflect on things using their own mind. He had clearly sucked up everything his leaders told him without thinking about the conflict between their teachings and those of other Muslims. It was like some of the questions the interviewer posed took the boy by complete surpirse. He had never thought about them.

Can't feel compassion for him, only pity.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:57:00 UTC | #413337

Jiten's Avatar Comment 19 by Jiten

What's this guy fighting for? Not improved living conditions, education for all children, clean water, work that pays a living wage, equality between men and women. In short, he is not fighting for the things that will improve the lives of his people, to increase the happiness of everyone in his community. What a twisted mind his is, brainwashed by clerics whose pawn he is.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:01:00 UTC | #413339

SRWB's Avatar Comment 20 by SRWB

Allah really is the best god ever! Apparently you can slaughter as many innocents as you wish in the elusive search for 70 celestial virgins (funny, I always thought it was 72) as long as you do it in Allah's name. And there are no innocents according to this theological genius! Wow, some people just boggle the mind!

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:37:00 UTC | #413357

Net's Avatar Comment 21 by Net

The thing that strikes me about people like this is that they are in it for the reward; 70 or so virgins in this case. I've never heard any of them say, "Look, I'm doing it because it's the right thing to do. If I get rewarded, so be it but doing it because it's right is enough for me". It's selfishness, and surely selfishness is considered sinful in by Islamic standards.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:58:00 UTC | #413363

ridelo's Avatar Comment 22 by ridelo

Sure this is a genuine interview and not a set-up? Almost unbelievable. I've also been religious in my youth, but this????

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:03:00 UTC | #413366

Crazycharlie's Avatar Comment 23 by Crazycharlie

Don't be surprised ridelo. This is what we're dealing with. Pure, unthinking, religious fanaticism.

In the past I was frightened by this but, not so much any more. This kind of behaviour, this kind of mind-set, cannot be sustained. Humans, innately, will rebel against this insanity. All that we have to do is hold on to our desire for freedom and rationality. We will win in the end.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:26:00 UTC | #413373

Crazycharlie's Avatar Comment 24 by Crazycharlie

Seriously, I like to look at suicide bombers with a Darwinian perspective, that, over time, this kind of behaviour will be selected against. Eventually, the people who don't want blow themselves up to get what they want, will outnumber these freaks enough to drown them out genetically.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:47:00 UTC | #413376

dgr812's Avatar Comment 25 by dgr812

I unerstand the language they are speaking - Urdu (somewhat)

At 2:32 the anchor says "I'm grown up and an adult who is conscious of his actions but a new born child... maybe he will grow up to be like you but you kill him also. In this sense are you not killing innocent people?"

Bomber: "No one is innocent."

The translation throughout seems pretty accurate

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:50:00 UTC | #413378

freiversuch's Avatar Comment 26 by freiversuch

I thought the interview was very interesting. It showed one thing clearly: Islam is not the homogeneous mass where all follow the same thought. There are many different streams of thought and many 'scholars' that promote a relatively peaceful thinking.

If not for agreeing with the anchor's Islamic views (which I hope no-one does) it does help to understand the surroundings a bit better, which I think is very important, should we ever have a chance of engaging into a dialogue with Muslims.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:14:00 UTC | #413379

Arcados's Avatar Comment 27 by Arcados

It's very nice to see an interviewer from Pakistan, a professedly Muslim country, to nail this guy to the wall about his beliefs. It's reassuring to see that this is not the norm.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:42:00 UTC | #413381

black wolf's Avatar Comment 28 by black wolf

Neat logic: it's ok to blow up Islamic scholars who oppose Jihad, because the fact that they oppose Jihad means they are wrong and therefore guilty.

So much for attempts to convince Islamofascists that they're going against scripture. People that far gone know only one authority - their leader, their personal imam. Governments can get a hold on child soldiers and brainwashed young men like this one, before worse happens if they're lucky. But at the same time they are still tolerating, accomodating and compromising with the very extremist imams who, week by week, from the middle of society, make the connection in mind and body of these recruits to their future death missions. Will they ever learn?

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 02:18:00 UTC | #413387

MuayThaiGuy's Avatar Comment 29 by MuayThaiGuy

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 02:21:00 UTC | #413388

Border Collie's Avatar Comment 30 by Border Collie

What a convenient little closed, self-validating system they have. I and anyone/everyone else I choose to kill are not innocent, including babies. Sick fucks. Thinking about what LaurieB posted ... such an utter waste of a living human being.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 02:48:00 UTC | #413391