← The Atheist's Guide to Christmas

The Atheist's Guide to Christmas - Comments

ridelo's Avatar Comment 1 by ridelo

If I wasn't already an atheist I would gladly be converted by such a sermon.

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:59:00 UTC | #425865

Sally Luxmoore's Avatar Comment 2 by Sally Luxmoore

Boy, I am SO impressed by this young woman!
To read and speak so well in English (not her first language) and to manage to be so incisive and witty at the same time, is a fantastic achievement.
She is also doing good charitable work in promoting this book and thereby ensuring that more money goes to the Terence Higgins Trust.

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:00:00 UTC | #425867

vega's Avatar Comment 3 by vega

I just knew this video would end up here. Terrific!

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:48:00 UTC | #425875

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 4 by aquilacane

Happy Hereticdays

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:58:00 UTC | #425879

Broodsugar's Avatar Comment 5 by Broodsugar

Chriss made it onto Dawkinsnet? What an honor for her. All the best.

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:41:00 UTC | #425887

Friend Giskard's Avatar Comment 6 by Friend Giskard

Why does is say at the end, "Your ratings make the vote-bots sad in their pants"?

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:00:00 UTC | #425890

weavehole's Avatar Comment 7 by weavehole

Friend Giskard
Vote-bots are the YT version of trolls ie 'people who disagree with you'.

If you rate a creationist or Harun Yahoo video one star then you are an 'Atheist Vote-Bot', if you vote a NSC or RD video with one star then you are a 'Theist vote-bot'.

...I think.

Edit have a very messy christmas everyone!

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:29:00 UTC | #425896

DocWebster's Avatar Comment 8 by DocWebster

I always give her 5 stars

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:38:00 UTC | #425898

pjdietz's Avatar Comment 9 by pjdietz

I bought the audio book to listen to on a long drive today. Looking forward to it even more now!

And if you haven't seen this woman's response to Ray Comfort's shenanigans, make sure you take a look: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZOMGitsCriss#p/a/u/1/fmHN3JtyUXg

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:18:00 UTC | #425916

SaintStephen's Avatar Comment 10 by SaintStephen

Excuse me blondie, but I think The Hunt for the Christmas Star is over, at least for the calendar year 2009. And yes, there most certainly IS one. Please just look in the mirror! ;-P

Man… why did I watch that video sixteen times? One would think I’d get the message after a single viewing...

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:16:00 UTC | #425933

csquared1's Avatar Comment 11 by csquared1

Golly!

I want more beautiful, smart, charismatic and funny young atheist women out there(like Ariane Sherine, Sarah Silverman and this young lady) spreading our message.

Is that too much to ask?

They really do help us reach more young people. Men in particular.

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:55:00 UTC | #425941

whiterocker's Avatar Comment 12 by whiterocker

A votebot is a way to game the YouTube rating system. A person or group (with an agenda) registers several YouTube accounts with various user names, and then uses a computer program to cause all of these user accounts to vote a particular way for a particular video. Since the votebot controls hundreds or thousands of votes, it can swing the ratings on some videos, especially those with smaller viewer counts.

Fri, 25 Dec 2009 01:08:00 UTC | #425992

weavehole's Avatar Comment 13 by weavehole

whiterocker, I stand corrected, I didn't know there were actual robots involved.

Isn't that how Skynet started?

Fri, 25 Dec 2009 02:43:00 UTC | #426007

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 14 by Stafford Gordon

Oh my!

Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:45:00 UTC | #426032

tom0kiely@hotmail.com's Avatar Comment 15 by tom0kiely@hotmail.com

She's certainly delivered some Christmas joy into my day.

Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:12:00 UTC | #426042

SaintStephen's Avatar Comment 16 by SaintStephen

Maybe just one more viewing... I'm having trouble deciding whether or not I should buy Ariane's book.

(This video is like an ice cream sundae: several scoops of delicious Romanian vanilla with a healthy dollop of chocolate syrup... okay, I'll put a sock in it.)

Yes, the 18th viewing finally convinced me. Decision made. I just placed my order with Amazon.

Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:27:00 UTC | #426068

retep57's Avatar Comment 17 by retep57

Atheism, the label seems to be a tautology .

Atheist: person who does not believe in a god that does not exist.

Sat, 26 Dec 2009 10:41:00 UTC | #426148

lol mahmood's Avatar Comment 18 by lol mahmood

Damn! Ali G's little brother just responded to this!

Hope his parents don't find out!

Sat, 26 Dec 2009 13:16:00 UTC | #426160

SaintStephen's Avatar Comment 19 by SaintStephen

More chocolate syrup.

(WARNING! The Occupational Health-Wisdom Of Wooster (OH-WOW) safety rules advise any potential viewers to re-charge their pacemakers and have defibrillator paddles on hand before clicking the start button.)

AND... a follow-up.

Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:25:00 UTC | #426173

SaintStephen's Avatar Comment 20 by SaintStephen

Off-Topic?

Okay, enough heathen flattery. (Pant pant...)

Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:00:00 UTC | #426176

retep57's Avatar Comment 21 by retep57

OK you talked me into it, atheist guide to xmas - i thought it would just be a nice little xmas time read. i bought and read it today ( cover to cover) it is actualy quite a good read regardless of time of year, better than i thought,

BTW read ac grayling's Against all gods today as well, nice brainfood session yay...

Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:21:00 UTC | #426236