← IMAX - Hubble 3D

IMAX - Hubble 3D - Comments

GodsDontExist's Avatar Comment 1 by GodsDontExist

Astounding! I can't wait!

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:47:00 UTC | #431588

Gregg Townsend's Avatar Comment 2 by Gregg Townsend

Completely geeked over this!

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:51:00 UTC | #431592

WilliamSatire's Avatar Comment 3 by WilliamSatire

Wow! Who knew that the Hubble wasn't a telescope at all, but a pair of binoculors! Oh, wait... sorry.. I'll get my coat...

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:54:00 UTC | #431594

ukvillafan's Avatar Comment 4 by ukvillafan

Dog, I so want that voice-over man's job - er and his voice ....

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:00:00 UTC | #431596

alabasterocean's Avatar Comment 5 by alabasterocean

I love that astronaut Mr Hubble .. hes my hero!

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:02:00 UTC | #431597

bluebird's Avatar Comment 6 by bluebird

*Homer drool...*

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:05:00 UTC | #431611

Isherwood's Avatar Comment 7 by Isherwood

Leonardo DiCaprio? Really? I could barely tolerate Christian Slater in all those mediocre dinosaur shows, and Sigourney Weaver was a bit of a distraction in Planet Earth. Why not just go with someone anonymous and let the content carry the show?

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:41:00 UTC | #431618

prolibertas's Avatar Comment 8 by prolibertas

I finally know how Homer Simpson feels looking at a doughnut!

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:53:00 UTC | #431619

Muetze's Avatar Comment 9 by Muetze

Uh, Sigourney Weaver? I'm pretty sure Planet Earth was narrated by David Attenborough.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:55:00 UTC | #431620

Sciros's Avatar Comment 10 by Sciros

Sigourney Weaver narrated the BBC America version. To be honest I prefer her narration to Attenboroughs, so it's a shame I didn't have the option to go with her narration when getting the blu-ray discs of the program :-/

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:16:00 UTC | #431623

Muetze's Avatar Comment 11 by Muetze

Why would they re-do the narration?

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:44:00 UTC | #431627

root2squared's Avatar Comment 12 by root2squared

Maybe because of the difference in accents? Though I have no trouble with David's accent, as someone used to American accents, I do, on some occassions find it a bit hard to follow some variants of the British one.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:54:00 UTC | #431631

Dr. Strangegod's Avatar Comment 13 by Dr. Strangegod

Those astronauts are my freaking heroes. I'd hug each one of them if I ever met them. Thank you so much for fixing and maintaining the singularly most important tool humanity has ever built. Spacewalking ain't no cowards game.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:21:00 UTC | #431632

GOTT MIT UNS's Avatar Comment 14 by GOTT MIT UNS

Forget "IMAX 3D Hubble" the movie. "Passion of the Christ" has much better special effects and more interesting plot.

Anyway, in my opinion Mel Gibson would make much better job than Leonardo Di Caprio as a narrator.

@ LUCAS ; "Spacewalking ain't no cowards game."

Lucas, it is nothing compared to walking on water.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:43:00 UTC | #431637

DeusExNihilum's Avatar Comment 15 by DeusExNihilum

That trailer is SO epic it's borderline satire, but i'm sooooo going to see this, hell yes i'm seeing this.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:56:00 UTC | #431641

wald0h's Avatar Comment 16 by wald0h

Too many people hold a stigma against DiCaprio for things like Titanic.

You should watch The Departed, or Catch Me if You Can, or Blood Diamond.

He is probably one of the finest actors of his generation and while he doesn't have the typical Morgan Freeman or Sigourney Weaver narrator-type voice, he obviously sounds much younger and with the 3D IMAX aspect the goal here is obviously to draw in the younger crowd, not you old farts ;)

I personally feel his voice will be a good match for this, he can sound quite excited about material he is passionate about, and it bleeds through to the listener.

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:25:00 UTC | #431645

prettygoodformonkeys's Avatar Comment 17 by prettygoodformonkeys

DiCaprio killed in Blood Diamond - didn't know he could act until then.

And I suspect Sigourney Weaver was selected because of her sci-fi connection in the Alien quadrilogy, which makes no sense to the demographics of documentaries but probably does make sense to a myopic feature film producer trying to protect his bottom line. Pun intended.

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 01:15:00 UTC | #431648

CanadianMaple's Avatar Comment 18 by CanadianMaple

From the trailer it looks like the camera is pretty stationary :(

I wish they'd put it on the end of one of those robotic space-arms and move it around - that would make for some snazzy footage!

Also, William, at those distances I don't think making Hubble into binoculars would produce any 3D...

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 02:10:00 UTC | #431657

huzonfurst's Avatar Comment 19 by huzonfurst

"Quick"Time just plain SUCKS!

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:23:00 UTC | #431661

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 20 by Cook@Tahiti

Josh, can you record the next meeting of the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse' in IMAX 3D using Avatar motion-capture technology?

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 04:32:00 UTC | #431663

Enlightenme..'s Avatar Comment 21 by Enlightenme..

I would go if it was Leonard Nimoy narrating.. or William Shatner!

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:00:00 UTC | #431665

clatz's Avatar Comment 22 by clatz

What a nasty little troll.

EDIT: If you don't want to download Quicktime The trailer is also on youtube:

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:09:00 UTC | #431676

gos's Avatar Comment 23 by gos

I like Leo as an actor, but his voice isn't all that great for narration, IMO.

Laurence Fishburne would be my top choice for this.

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:01:00 UTC | #431694

mixmastergaz's Avatar Comment 24 by mixmastergaz

Can't watch the trailer at the moment (I'm in work), but I'm presuming the release date is for the good ol' U S of Stateside. Anyone know of a UK release date£

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:12:00 UTC | #431727

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 25 by Cook@Tahiti

Favourite narrators:

James Earl Jones
Stephen Fry
Carl Sagan
Tim Curry
Morgan Freeman

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:29:00 UTC | #431789

friendlypig's Avatar Comment 26 by friendlypig

James Earl Jones was the voice of Darth Vader - Perfect

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:56:00 UTC | #431800

Rational_G's Avatar Comment 27 by Rational_G

Who cares who narrates it! The visuals will be outstanding and the subject matter is sublime.

Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:08:00 UTC | #431834

Carl Sai Baba's Avatar Comment 28 by Carl Sai Baba

waldoh on January 14, 2010 at 12:25 am
Too many people hold a stigma against DiCaprio for things like Titanic.

You should watch The Departed, or Catch Me if You Can, or Blood Diamond.

I agree. I used to be a DiCaprio hater from having seen his sappy movies first, and I was wrong. He is one of the best. He pulls off the tough serious roles without resorting to a blockhead personality in order to feign strength, which allows him to handle the emotional scenes without breaking character.

And if it doesn't matter, to some people, who narrates... why not have a famous actor who might attract a wider audience?

Fri, 15 Jan 2010 04:44:00 UTC | #431842

Rich Wilson's Avatar Comment 29 by Rich Wilson

Don't forget that Leo got his start with Mr. Banana's Sidekick- Kirk Cameron ;-)

Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:31:00 UTC | #431862

Saerain's Avatar Comment 30 by Saerain

I prefer having young narrators like DiCaprio, frankly, and I suspect that I may like him more as a narrator than an actor, since it's his body language that I think tends to lack.

It seems to me that the reason older narrators are generally chosen is their enunciation. For reasons that elude me, most people under 50 currently seem to have stiff tongues and jaws. Yet there are plenty of exceptions, myself amongst them. At the age of 13, I had a deeper, smoother voice and better diction than most narrators, and now I regularly provide my voice to various projects. (Pardon me if I brag, but it's probably all I have going for me.)

Anyway, what is this movie about, again?

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 02:56:00 UTC | #432462