← Jon Stewart Announces DC 'Rally to Restore Sanity'

Jon Stewart Announces DC 'Rally to Restore Sanity' - Comments

peanutsplatters's Avatar Comment 1 by peanutsplatters

That is a hilarious idea. What's Glenn Beck's response going to be?

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 06:07:07 UTC | #520402

alexi's Avatar Comment 2 by alexi

Comment 1 by peanutsplatters :

That is a hilarious idea. What's Glenn Beck's response going to be?

Since when does glen beck respond to things?

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:08:33 UTC | #520421

Flapjack's Avatar Comment 3 by Flapjack

Colbert has already published Glen Beck's likely answer under the link that reads "Don't Click Here"! Or here's Charlie Brooker's analysis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_depaSOa4I

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:47:07 UTC | #520430

Austin K's Avatar Comment 4 by Austin K

Check out Stephen Colbert's response, I think it's an accurate representation of the Beckers :P

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:51:36 UTC | #520432

Adrian Bartholomew's Avatar Comment 5 by Adrian Bartholomew

Sorry, Videos are not currently unavailable in your country.

I'm in the UK. Other links available?

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:19:39 UTC | #520438

Hubriss's Avatar Comment 6 by Hubriss

That was awesome. I got some tears from laughing so much.

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 09:16:44 UTC | #520450

TheCroatianGuy's Avatar Comment 7 by TheCroatianGuy

I would so come! ...if I wasn't, you know, on the other side of the ocean...:(

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:06:42 UTC | #520510

AtheistEgbert's Avatar Comment 8 by AtheistEgbert

Would any atheists like to organize a restore sanity day in London? Perhaps we can have cake and orange juice. And celebrate our sanity in a jovial way. I think this would be a better day out than getting angry at silly men with pointed hats and dresses.

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:29:33 UTC | #520526

GodlessHeathenJen's Avatar Comment 9 by GodlessHeathenJen

I am adding this to my calendar! What a fantastic idea! :)

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:10:35 UTC | #520545

prettygoodformonkeys's Avatar Comment 10 by prettygoodformonkeys

So happy about this! Might be the best reason to finally visit the east coast.....

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 14:53:54 UTC | #520622

chezzyd's Avatar Comment 11 by chezzyd

If there was a 'Restore Sanity' day in London, I would go. I'd even bring some cake :-)

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:11:29 UTC | #520641

GamerFromJumpZ's Avatar Comment 12 by GamerFromJumpZ

One has to wonder where all these calls for sanity were during the previous administration, the head of which did not ban people from the country for insulting him. Just sayin'.

Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:29:02 UTC | #520807

Kubrick's Avatar Comment 13 by Kubrick

This put me in such a good mood. I was starting to become very depressed with the insistent blather about America devolving into a godless, socialist, Kenyan, Muslim dictatorship (or something like that). Stewart and Colbert are some of the greatest comic voices ever...right up there with Swift, Voltaire, Twain, Bruce, Pryor, and Carlin.

Sun, 19 Sep 2010 01:28:17 UTC | #520979

Saerain's Avatar Comment 14 by Saerain

Comment 12 by GamerFromJumpZ :

1. Do you really think that the President had any kind of personal hand in this? It's more likely that he never read the thing.

2. I don't see what you mean by 'for insulting him.' We have no idea what was said in the e-mail. Looking at more than that ABC article, the FBI simply claims it was threatening and Angel himself claims he doesn't remember. The fact that the screeners work through plenty of 'insulting' e-mails every day suggests that there was quite a lot more to this. If he was as fucked out of his mind as he claims, it's pretty easy to imagine how unstable it probably seemed.

Updated: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 03:03:39 UTC | #521003

KRKBAB's Avatar Comment 15 by KRKBAB

I love Stewart and Colbear, but in all honesty Stewart seems to have the real smarts and Colbert is just a supreme satirist/comedian. As tongue in cheek as those Stewart/Colbert bumper stickers are, I'd love to see Stewart enter politics.

Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:59:30 UTC | #521220

LaurieB's Avatar Comment 16 by LaurieB

Reservations made. I'm going. Anybody else?

Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:19:38 UTC | #521394

PERSON's Avatar Comment 17 by PERSON

Comment 15 by KRKBAB That's interesting, I had the opposite impression. Stewart can seem very deferential to authority figures at times, particularly those in the military.

Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:41:43 UTC | #521865

Akaei's Avatar Comment 18 by Akaei

Some of the signage suggestions from Allusive Atheist blog:

-Willful ignorance is still ignorance

-Wishful thinking is the substance of things hoped for

-It is only by faith that we may be fooled

-Keep Jefferson in the text books

-Texas School Board, America is ashamed of you

-Stop shouting… um, please?

-GOD HATES CRABS (leviticus 11:12)

-He was all like “Yahweh!” and I was like “No way.”

-No reasonable person ever called me “heathen”

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 06:38:30 UTC | #531881