← The Way of the Mister, Vol. 1: Reparative Therapy

The Way of the Mister, Vol. 1: Reparative Therapy - Comments

DaveUK9xx's Avatar Comment 1 by DaveUK9xx

Hilarious! I'll never be able to watch True Blood in quite the same way again.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:15:20 UTC | #867894

Agrajag's Avatar Comment 2 by Agrajag

"...you can't strap that on."
Laaaawlzzzzz!
Sadly, most of the people who should watch this probably won't.
Steve

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:45:29 UTC | #867902

DocWebster's Avatar Comment 3 by DocWebster

These guys need a TV show, Damn if this isn't the funniest takedown and pwnt on faithheads i've ever seen.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:55:41 UTC | #867908

Stafford Gordon's Avatar Comment 4 by Stafford Gordon

They work so well together, and I'm delighted to see them branching out.

I too think they should have a TV series.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:59:19 UTC | #867922

Sjoerd Westenborg's Avatar Comment 5 by Sjoerd Westenborg

Wait, what? Took me a while to realize everyone in that video was an actor xD. With the news coming from the west side of the pacific the last few years not much surprises me anymore.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:10:00 UTC | #867954

Quine's Avatar Comment 6 by Quine

Brilliant! There are just some things that become oh so clear when you turn them inside-out, like a pocket.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:53:17 UTC | #867965

Corylus's Avatar Comment 7 by Corylus

Genius! Well done.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:24:21 UTC | #867971

hypnoticbob's Avatar Comment 8 by hypnoticbob

I agree, I enjoyed the humorous approach to sexual 'choice', especially Shermer's cameo. Did anyone else notice the subtle stroking of the baseball bat by Conner Price at 05m27s? Hilarious.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:17:21 UTC | #867983

ridelo's Avatar Comment 9 by ridelo

Brilliant! But it would be easier to follow for a non-native if there were subtitles.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:26:13 UTC | #867984

Neodarwinian's Avatar Comment 10 by Neodarwinian

Quite frankly I find the question disgusting!

Now that was an interesting twist on the delusional conversion therapy nonsense!

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:30:03 UTC | #867997

Steven Mading's Avatar Comment 11 by Steven Mading

Sometimes Mr Deity is a bit flat, but this one was spot on.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:01:05 UTC | #868012

Sample's Avatar Comment 12 by Sample

Mr. Deity's grin at the end of each rationalization is perfectly creepy. Oh, and "Kelly" reminded me of Sarah Palin (sorry Kelly).

Mike

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:06:58 UTC | #868017

MAJORPAIN's Avatar Comment 13 by MAJORPAIN

Ok, hilarious! The boys are BACK.

And, I'm just sayin, as a monosexual female...Jessie is HOT! If I had been in Michael Shermer's place I would have totally hit on him, too. Good try Michael, maybe next time!

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:02:57 UTC | #868027

Steve Zara's Avatar Comment 14 by Steve Zara

Very, very good. Shermer did well!

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:21:34 UTC | #868033

Alan Canon's Avatar Comment 15 by Alan Canon

Reminds me of Douglas Hofstadter's "A Person Paper on Purity in Language," where he shows up the ridiculousness of sexist language by imagining a parallel universe in which English pronouns aren't gender specific, but race specific: A Person Paper on Purity in Language, by Douglas R. Hofstadter (alias William Satire)

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:45:14 UTC | #868042

jackashflash's Avatar Comment 16 by jackashflash

odd video, not what I expected to see at all.

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:50:44 UTC | #868046

JustLikeMyPops's Avatar Comment 17 by JustLikeMyPops

Bring back Chris Morris and Brass Eye, when he did his show in 2001* the next day people actually went out and beat up pediatricians instead of paedophiles because that's how ignorant people were of these issues then, programs like Brass Eye and more recently South Park raise much needed awareness and don't really get recognized enough for it. Informative and piss funny at the same time, apart from smashing up innocent pediatricians businesses, that's not funny, for the most part, ok then its a little bit funny.

• I thought it was earlier personally? and as far as I know all celebrities were completely unaware of the nature of the program, which had me literally helplessly rolling about on the floor laughing back then, like Keith Chegwin iirc exclaiming that paedophiles have genetically more in common with crabs than they do with you or I, and that there's no actual evidence for this, but it's scientific fact =) classic
  • Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:29:13 UTC | #868056

Vicktor's Avatar Comment 18 by Vicktor

I must say, it's an improvement. I'm glad they've stopped the constant begging, though. It only makes them look pathetic and implies they aren't really talented.

Wed, 07 Sep 2011 05:23:40 UTC | #868119

stevenwood21's Avatar Comment 19 by stevenwood21

Just brilliant. Had me sniggering all the way through. Glad it was my lunch break

Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:23:27 UTC | #868141

robaylesbury's Avatar Comment 20 by robaylesbury

Do they run a course for farm animals?

Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:44:58 UTC | #868170