← Journey to the Exoplanets iPad app (preview)

Journey to the Exoplanets iPad app (preview) - Comments

tembuki's Avatar Comment 1 by tembuki

I hope this gets released for the iPhone (maybe 5 could handle it if current models can't).

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 03:21:35 UTC | #873814

mysticjbyrd's Avatar Comment 2 by mysticjbyrd

So a collection of background pictures, with an App to make more background pictures?

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:24:02 UTC | #873881

KenChimp's Avatar Comment 3 by KenChimp

;-}

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:42:03 UTC | #873884

SaganTheCat's Avatar Comment 4 by SaganTheCat

Comment 3 by KenChimp :

Damn! And here, I was thinking Apple had invented a means of travel to other star systems through the iPad! ;-}

that's not available until Ipad4 is released. After that, who knows? they'll maybe put flash player on model 5

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:07:42 UTC | #873888

drumdaddy's Avatar Comment 5 by drumdaddy

I haven't purchased this app yet but I respect SciAm. Very enjoyable (and beautiful) apps that I've used and recommend include 'Star Walk' and 'Solar Walk'. While the world is finding these wonderful new ways to present information, don't despair too much that there are also scores of astrology apps that are available.

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:25:54 UTC | #873955

KenChimp's Avatar Comment 6 by KenChimp

Comment 4 by Daniel Clear :

Comment 3 by KenChimp :

ROFL!

Naaah. It's already available on the Android, but the destinations are restricted to the handful that are currently in Google Universe.

;-D

But on a more serious note, this app sounds like a blast. If only Universe Sandbox would put out a "world builder" expansion so I can play "god" with the universe from the planetary environment on up.

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:31:28 UTC | #873990

Phen's Avatar Comment 7 by Phen

Looks cool, now all I need is an iPad. Celestia will do me just fine until then though.

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:42:30 UTC | #874422

KenChimp's Avatar Comment 8 by KenChimp

Comment 7 by Phen :

Does Celestia have generation/rendering capability for planetary environment, or is it more like Universe Sandbox?

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:10:26 UTC | #874439