← Sean Faircloth Discusses Children Harmed by "Faith-healing" with Liz Heywood

Sean Faircloth Discusses Children Harmed by "Faith-healing" with Liz Heywood - Comments

stellier68's Avatar Comment 1 by stellier68

" ...Le vingt et unième siècle sera religieux ou il ne sera pas..."

-André Malreaux (possibly)

l.t. "...The twenty-first century will be religious or it will not be..."

What a great quotation. I guess real philosophycal books are too hard to read for most Americans, so they keep reading their Bible...

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:40:15 UTC | #896203

Starcrash's Avatar Comment 2 by Starcrash

Tragic. It's just tragic. Let's hope that there's a revolution in the way politicians view religious rights when children become victims of them.

It's a good point she made, about being blamed for the leg not healing - as if it were her fault. As Derren Brown said in Miracles for Sale, the worst thing Faith Healers do is blame the victim for not having enough faith to be healed.

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:42:44 UTC | #896207

Parapraxis's Avatar Comment 3 by Parapraxis

Really great interview Sean. I think many people (outside of sites like this) are oblivious to just how damaging and dangerous faith healing is. Good to see you and others are putting this information out there for the public.

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:41:34 UTC | #896266

alaskansee's Avatar Comment 4 by alaskansee

Sean's posts and videos have been fantastic over the last few months, I hope he can get some of this out into the mainstream USA. Surely this would help the moderates understand the harm!

The complacency of the faith-healers/ vaccine deniers/SCAM/etc is all down to the success of the real medical community. My sympathys go to all the Liz Heywoods out there, today.

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:10:15 UTC | #896273

Neodarwinian's Avatar Comment 5 by Neodarwinian

What in the sam hell is a christian science practitioner? Oh, it is aligning your mind to the universe! So, of what use is the " practitioner? " I would assume to relieve you of misaligned money. I hope Massachusetts law has changed at least.

Can we think christian science away?

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 21:19:53 UTC | #896286

Sigbert's Avatar Comment 6 by Sigbert

It is surprising to see what sorts of wierd sects are out there - I actually had to look up who those guys are.

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:20:57 UTC | #896295

Sample's Avatar Comment 7 by Sample

Here's a brief but good article regarding the healthcare provision for prayer medicine that Sean alluded to in the video.

Gorski/Science Based Medicine

Mike

P.S., Medical quackery topics highlighted on RDF.net are wholeheartedly appreciated.

Wed, 07 Dec 2011 02:24:16 UTC | #896341

Pigzig's Avatar Comment 8 by Pigzig

they didnt have enough faith

Wed, 07 Dec 2011 02:32:31 UTC | #896343

Wokkie's Avatar Comment 9 by Wokkie

What a horrible story. How the hell is this legal?

Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:10:51 UTC | #898751

Rosbif's Avatar Comment 10 by Rosbif

Faith Healing?

Wrong term ... more like Faith Torture? Faith Murder?

but there never seems to be much healing going on.

Faith Healing = Desiccated Homeopathy

Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:04:56 UTC | #899245

flup's Avatar Comment 11 by flup

Watching this video really upset me, and I'm usually a hard-hearted so-and-so. It prompted me to start ranting at my webcam, something I've never felt the need to do before. What shocked me the most was not that Christian Scientists do these horrible things, but that personal faith is a defence in many US jurisdictions. It's nothing short of state-sanctioned child abuse.

Sean's contributions have been excellent, and I have to keep reminding myself that in some circles they would be considered controversial. I suppose I'm just lucky to have a very rational family and circle of friends.

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:58:36 UTC | #899638

karismacee's Avatar Comment 12 by karismacee

I have never been so disgusted by my own nation's government before.

Wed, 21 Dec 2011 15:19:45 UTC | #901700