← God Sent Christopher Hitchens to Hell Because He Loved Him

God Sent Christopher Hitchens to Hell Because He Loved Him - Comments

starboykb's Avatar Comment 1 by starboykb

As always, they like talking nonsense. But seriously this guy just can't stop talking about the Christ book. Man, these people really can't live without it.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:48:45 UTC | #900593

jaytee_555's Avatar Comment 2 by jaytee_555

Poor benighted moron.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:51:06 UTC | #900594

themanofearth's Avatar Comment 3 by themanofearth

It never ceases to amaze me how inhumane, callus, self-defeating and unthoughtful religious belief can make people.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:52:40 UTC | #900595

debonnesnouvelles's Avatar Comment 4 by debonnesnouvelles

No matter how hard these people try, they can not make things worse. The atheist community has lost one of its chief heros, the world has lost one of its finest humans, and these petty bible-bashing right-wing fanatics have absolutely nothing to add to how bad this is. Ridiculous, irrelevant fools.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:52:59 UTC | #900596

dandelion fluff's Avatar Comment 5 by dandelion fluff

This makes perfect sense in my experience -- God loves me so much that he completely ignores me, as any loving father would do.

(And no, I couldn't even stomach the clip, not today, so I'm just going by your blurb...)

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:53:38 UTC | #900598

Shubham's Avatar Comment 6 by Shubham

These guys are a real shame.They just sprout lies as told by their stupid books

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:07:43 UTC | #900599

merlinaeus's Avatar Comment 7 by merlinaeus

How sad. Where can anyone begin with people who hold such distorted views? They seem beyond redemption.

Merlin

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:12:41 UTC | #900601

some asshole's Avatar Comment 8 by some asshole

I find it hard to believe that Fischer actually believes a word he's saying. Can it be? I know there are people that stupid and irrational, but whenever I hear a nut like this, I always think they're just cashing in on the stupid masses, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Is it so hard to understand that Hitchens did not defy god, as this person claims? To "defy" is to oppose, resist, or challenge. Hitchens opposed, resisted, and challenged the people who believe in god, but you cannot "defy" something you don't believe in. Am I defying Santa Claus when I say he's not real? This is the level of argument we're still at, and we're on the brink of 2012; we're still defining basic words for these imbeciles.

The only other thing this guy says is that Hitchens is in hell ... because god loves him. And his explanation is that god's love made him give Hitchens what he insisted on having. He claims Hitchens "hated" heaven. Again, we're operating at the intellectual level of a three-year-old. We have to point out that not believing in something has nothing to do with hating it.

I love how Fischer slips in that Hitchens is "standing before" god, yet still defiant (1:06). As if this is realistic; that Hitchens would see god, and still stick to his guns. No, it couldn't be that Hitchens (like most atheists) simply didn't find reasonable evidence for god during their lifetimes. No, he actually found evidence, believed in god, yet hated god. Even seeing and speaking to god doesn't change his mind--he still hates god and denies his existence. I think we just regressed to the level of a two-year-old.

This guy has a radio show?

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:13:19 UTC | #900603

Balvadhor's Avatar Comment 9 by Balvadhor

This guy should be happy that Hitch is dead, if Hitch would have the opportunity to confront him for the shit he talks in that video, he would mop the floor with him, retorical. I go with watch Hitch said, as long the living in his body is Christopher Hitchens he won't turn. This guy is so arrogant, he says he doesn't want to have anything to with someone like him, i'm sure Hitch would have loved to raise the mirror infront of him and give him the chance to see his own stupidity.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:15:43 UTC | #900604

carlmosconi's Avatar Comment 10 by carlmosconi

You can only take so much from such a loving god! Let's skip the love part, what else have you got available?

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:17:56 UTC | #900605

Igor Trip's Avatar Comment 11 by Igor Trip

The problem for Christians is that they are trapped by scripture. They can't ignore the New Testament which clearly states people like Hitchin's are going to hell (they can of course ignore the Old Testament which has no hell). So this guy has to defend his God sending Hitchen's down to eternal torture and that's what he's trying to do. He has no other option if he's to remain a Christian.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:19:36 UTC | #900607

papa lazaru's Avatar Comment 12 by papa lazaru

If he'd meet the Bearded One, he'd ask him to send him back so he could hitchslap these bozos some more. Now that would be funny.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:20:08 UTC | #900608

Indygrl76's Avatar Comment 13 by Indygrl76

I'm just sorry there isn't a hell for Fischer to burn in...

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:22:23 UTC | #900610

Mr DArcy's Avatar Comment 14 by Mr DArcy

ISTM that if this Christian God character lets us have what we really want in the end because He "loves" us so much, then Hitch won't be standing before God. He will be involved in a lively argument with St Peter at the pearly gates! No doubt discussing God's foreign policy, or the conditions of the Muslim women in hell.

God loves me so much He's going to boil me for ever! How kind of Him!

As usual, pissquick banalities from the Christian bully boys.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:30:12 UTC | #900612

Veronique's Avatar Comment 15 by Veronique

cf- Comment 3

I couldn't agree more. I have enormous difficulty equating religious belief of any sort with humanity and the normal compassion that attends being human.

The mental machinations that Fischer has to go through to keep thinking that his god is a loving god is extraordinary.

That he holds to the biblical statement that his god puts unbelievers in the fiercest and most horrible conceptual place while loving them is quite the most bizarre mental aberration.

How does he live with himself??

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:34:56 UTC | #900614

Hellboy2's Avatar Comment 16 by Hellboy2

Predictable that all the religious cowards crawl out of the woodwork to abuse Hitchins now that he's gone. Notice that not many had the balls to debate him when alive though - typical. I'm sure we're in for a lot more of these morons. -sigh-

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:42:01 UTC | #900617

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 17 by aquilacane

Comment 8 by some asshole

This guy has a radio show?

I wish I wrote that. Evidence is a freak show to them.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:44:51 UTC | #900618

ridelo's Avatar Comment 18 by ridelo

That's new, hell is a pleasant place, anything but like North Korea. Can't wait...

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:49:17 UTC | #900619

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 19 by aquilacane

Comment 12 by papa lazaru

Were I God, I'd send a thousand. How dare they claim to know my ways and reasons; frauds the lot!

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:50:11 UTC | #900620

SnowyDoc's Avatar Comment 20 by SnowyDoc

The stupid..... it hurts.....

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:54:31 UTC | #900621

chulinn's Avatar Comment 21 by chulinn

“Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.” ― Mark Twain

Thank god we have YouTube, so Hitch can educate the generations to come.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:56:16 UTC | #900622

Marc Country's Avatar Comment 22 by Marc Country

"... if the scriptures mean anything..."

He's careful to add that disclaimer at the start. Smart.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:59:28 UTC | #900623

IndyHoosier's Avatar Comment 23 by IndyHoosier

I don't have a problem with this guy saying what he thinks. When Falwell died, Hitch went on the cable shows and said exactly what he thought about that charlatan windbag. I thought that was a good thing.

Having Christians come out and espouse their feelings is beneficial. It is much better having their opinions documented and out in the open so that one can see, listen, and judge.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:01:43 UTC | #900624

inquisador's Avatar Comment 24 by inquisador

Comment 14 by Mr DArcy,

Either that or propping up some heavenly bar where the drinks are free and no closing time, deep in debate with Bertrand Russell, George Orwell, Benedict de Spinoza and John Stuart Mill; before going off with the barmaid back to her place.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:02:48 UTC | #900625

schalkerforever's Avatar Comment 25 by schalkerforever

how the fuck does he KNOW where (if at all) went Hitch ? lying bastard - he publicly claims to know something he has no way of knowing, I think the word is LIAR

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:05:57 UTC | #900626

fossil-fish's Avatar Comment 26 by fossil-fish

I just couldn't click the start button but had to view the Youtube page to gauge the comments. Very glad I did.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:10:17 UTC | #900627

cjstarma's Avatar Comment 27 by cjstarma

He couldn't be more wrong--if Hitch met God after his death, he'd change his mind! That's what the pursuit of truth is about--coming to the best conclusion you can based on the available evidence, and being open to further evidence that might cause you to change your view.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:16:45 UTC | #900630

Sensible's Avatar Comment 28 by Sensible

I wish I had the vocabulary and articulation of the great Hitch. All I can add is how incredibly stupid and disillusioned this idiots logic is. Totally fucking unbelievable!

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:17:34 UTC | #900631

blindbobblues's Avatar Comment 29 by blindbobblues

just heard from Bill Hicks that he's having a great time surfing on the lake of fire with Hitch. seems like BRYAN FISCHER has elided "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" - Matthew 5:44

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:21:02 UTC | #900632

Benwhit's Avatar Comment 30 by Benwhit

What a laughably illogical explanation. Good lord.

Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:21:20 UTC | #900633