← Reason Rally - March 24, 2012

Reason Rally - March 24, 2012 - Comments

aroundtown's Avatar Comment 1 by aroundtown

I wish I could go to the event and give my support. I will be thinking of all the secularist/atheist gathered to proclaim in one loud voice and physical display that they will be acknowledged and may it turn out to be a new wind of change that is blowing across the land.

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 01:50:42 UTC | #915760

Quine's Avatar Comment 2 by Quine

I will be traveling from the West Coast to get to this. I look forward to seeing as many of you in person as I can when in DC for the weekend.

-Q

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 02:04:47 UTC | #915762

1niceatheist's Avatar Comment 3 by 1niceatheist

Just LOOKING at this lineup of speakers made my day. What great people.

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 02:30:50 UTC | #915765

WeeBaldie's Avatar Comment 4 by WeeBaldie

Can we do something similar over here, in Hyde Park, say?

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 03:08:11 UTC | #915772

Alternative Carpark's Avatar Comment 5 by Alternative Carpark

Comment 4 by WeeBaldie :

Can we do something similar over here, in Hyde Park, say?

I don't see the point of doing one in the UK.

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 03:15:30 UTC | #915775

susanlatimer's Avatar Comment 6 by susanlatimer

Darnit. I wish I could go. I'll have to wait for Quine's reports and other members here who attend. Or at least for some video links eventually. It looks like it should be great.

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 08:59:02 UTC | #915816

ANTIcarrot's Avatar Comment 7 by ANTIcarrot

It'll be a great event - but I'm afraid that's a really ugly looking advert! :P

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 17:42:15 UTC | #915926

Reason Saves's Avatar Comment 8 by Reason Saves

Would love to go, but sounds like the intention is to get Atheism accepted in the USA. Wouldn't want to displace someone who needs to be there more than I do!

Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:39:32 UTC | #916066

smjltd's Avatar Comment 9 by smjltd

I think that it is fantastic that something like this is happening in the US! This is where events like this are most needed. The momentum over there is really starting to build :) I happen to live in Australia - here we have an openly Atheist female Prime Minister, who is unmarried but living with her partner in The Lodge (The Aussie White House). And no-one cares about any of that... politicians here would get shot down in flames if they ever brought any of that up, as if it mattered. I'm looking forward to the day when the US elects a gay, atheist whale for President :)

Fri, 10 Feb 2012 01:48:00 UTC | #916086

Rozy's Avatar Comment 10 by Rozy

Maybe 100 years from now, or less even, people will open up their history textbooks and remember the first day where the voice of a new era for reason spoke out in a nation whose ideologies were thought to be dominated by Christian dogma!

Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:35:35 UTC | #921545