← Rock Beyond Belief

Rock Beyond Belief - Comments

Cook@Tahiti's Avatar Comment 1 by Cook@Tahiti

Dawkins is performing? Lead guitar or rhythm? Would love to see a Johnny Be Good routine. Sam Harris on drums and AC Grayling on keyboards.

Failing that, a 10-minute reading of 'hate mail' for comic relief.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:00:40 UTC | #922451

QuestioningKat's Avatar Comment 2 by QuestioningKat

Seeing Scott Burdick's name as credit for this video put a big smile on my face. Scott is one of the top representational painters today. (just google his name with art or painting) When I first visited his (and his wife's )website, I was pleased to run across some strongly atheistic articles. This was so refreshing since many artists write highly theistic or new agey views; I emailed to thank him. Be sure to check his work out along with this event he is supporting.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:47:31 UTC | #922464

Capt. Bloodeye's Avatar Comment 3 by Capt. Bloodeye

Perhaps the good Professor singing 'Highway to Hell' by ACDC? This I would pay to see.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:56:17 UTC | #922486

ridelo's Avatar Comment 4 by ridelo

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:38:22 UTC | #922497

nurnord's Avatar Comment 5 by nurnord

Inspiring and apt closing words from Hitch at the end there. Got a lump in my throat hearing the great man's voice.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:18:06 UTC | #922511

Vitalic's Avatar Comment 6 by Vitalic

Every time I hear the voice of Christopher Hitchens I'm reminded of the gaping hole he's left behind, I imagine him speaking at this type of event alongside Richard, and the huge impact he would likely have on the servicemen and women present. He left too damn soon, too damn soon.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:35:09 UTC | #922514

QuestioningKat's Avatar Comment 7 by QuestioningKat

Here is an interesting documentary by ScottBurdickArt that I've started to watch. You Rock Scott!

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:06:23 UTC | #922531

robzzrob's Avatar Comment 8 by robzzrob

Don't like it. It's verging on state-worship instead of god-worship.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:30:47 UTC | #922536

SuedeStonn's Avatar Comment 9 by SuedeStonn

I'm pretty sure no one wants 'state-worship' any more than they want 'god-worship'.

This will be interesting, would love to go if I can... and I'm stationed here at Ft. B. ;}

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:39:00 UTC | #922563

Dave H's Avatar Comment 10 by Dave H

Comment 1 by Rtambree :

Failing that, a 10-minute reading of 'hate mail' for comic relief.

There will be children there. Reading out hateful letters full of vitriolic threats and swearing from Christians wouldn't be appropriate.

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:54:35 UTC | #922590

xmaseveeve's Avatar Comment 11 by xmaseveeve

Comment 4, Ridelo,

'The whole world has to win by a thinking, critical, sceptic and, yes, atheist America. Down with fundamentalism of any kind.'

I take it this is irony?

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 23:40:48 UTC | #922597

Pdogg's Avatar Comment 12 by Pdogg

Rock the Fort, "cost 30K in taxpayers money for security alone". I guess they didn't bother thinking who their target audience was.

Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:07:11 UTC | #922702

AW's Avatar Comment 13 by AW

A brilliant event, kudos to all involved in organizing it and thanks to Richard Dawkins for attending. Wish I could be there.

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:16:12 UTC | #923115