← Richard Dawkins on MagicSandwich Show this Sunday!

Richard Dawkins on MagicSandwich Show this Sunday! - Comments

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 1 by mordacious1

Sean Faircloth is a former lawyer...

He got disbarred?

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:26:10 UTC | #928337

/Mike's Avatar Comment 2 by /Mike

"former" refers also to the Maine legislature. Sean is not practicing law right now but works for RDFRS (US).

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:53:36 UTC | #928370

huzonfurst's Avatar Comment 3 by huzonfurst

Started watching this on BlogTV but the quality of both the video and sound was horrible and got worse by the minute. Switched over to UStream which was much better, however it suddenly went off the air 40-something minutes in.

My suggestion for both of these less-than-perfect, high-bandwidth setups is to have an audio-only option. The video portion adds very little to the experience anyway.

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:47:59 UTC | #928390

Richard Dawkins's Avatar Comment 4 by Richard Dawkins

I'm listening now here and it works fine. You have to listen to a ridiculous commercial which lasts about 15 seconds first (and can't be bypassed as far as I can tell). Sean is doing a great job

Richard

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 18:48:18 UTC | #928411

huzonfurst's Avatar Comment 5 by huzonfurst

Hi Richard,

When I went back to BlogTV it worked much better, so who knows what really goes on behind the scenes with these streaming things.

Anyhow, I was glad to see you'll be coming to San Diego soon and I hope to get an autograph or two from you either before or after your talk. Would it be out of line to ask that you sign both The God Delusion and the first book of yours that I ever read, The Blind Watchmaker?

I met you very briefly at the first Beyond Belief conference in 2006 and should have done it then, but there were so many super-heroes of science in that room I was having too much fun talking to as many of them as possible for three ecstatic days - and they were real discussions, with nary a peep about the local sports teams for once. My friend and I were starved for the kind of company we got there and loved every minute of it.

Onward and Upward,

Jeff W.

PS: Say hello to Peter Atkins for me: we met at the 2007 conference and were having a great time until some emergency was announced and we all had to leave the building.

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 00:23:02 UTC | #928505

Anonymous's Avatar Comment 6 by Anonymous

Comment Removed by Moderator

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 03:30:02 UTC | #928536

ANTIcarrot's Avatar Comment 7 by ANTIcarrot

On one site I see an ugly Fox News arguement. On the other site I see a bunch of people arguing about a wedding video. I see no sandwiches - magical or otherwise.

That's either terrible website design, or those are terrible links.

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:37:10 UTC | #928620

Reason Saves's Avatar Comment 8 by Reason Saves

Comment 4 by Richard Dawkins :

I'm listening now here and it works fine.

I clicked it and got someone's wedding video!

It's nice.

Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:42:10 UTC | #928886

/Mike's Avatar Comment 9 by /Mike

The podcast will be posted here once it's available for anyone who had problems watching live.

Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:07:30 UTC | #928921

Owlglass's Avatar Comment 10 by Owlglass

It appears to be that the first video was embedded twice and AronRa's actual video is missing. :)

Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:03:34 UTC | #929079

/Mike's Avatar Comment 11 by /Mike

AronRa's embed code added. I'd accidentally copy/pasted the same one when I posted it.

Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:33:19 UTC | #929101

PERSON's Avatar Comment 12 by PERSON

Comment 9 by /Mike

Thanks, looking forward to seeing it.

Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:18:12 UTC | #929614

InYourFaceNewYorker's Avatar Comment 13 by InYourFaceNewYorker

Let us know when it's up!

Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:54:34 UTC | #929632