← My Journey

My Journey - Comments

Fouad Boussetta's Avatar Comment 1 by Fouad Boussetta

That was pretty good. One "Like" here.

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:24:22 UTC | #946968

In Reason I Trust's Avatar Comment 2 by In Reason I Trust

Another one here!

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:58:15 UTC | #946971

alf1200's Avatar Comment 3 by alf1200

Thanks Eliza, You made me smile.

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 06:04:32 UTC | #946988

strangebrew's Avatar Comment 4 by strangebrew

Amen!

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:11:09 UTC | #947000

mordacious1's Avatar Comment 5 by mordacious1

Well done.

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:23:47 UTC | #947010

adiroth's Avatar Comment 6 by adiroth

Honestly, I find this kind of poetic musing on the loss of religion & faith to be interesting. Maybe it's because of my secular upbringing which I have taken for granted.

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:19:03 UTC | #947036

RobertJames's Avatar Comment 7 by RobertJames

Beautiful.

But a question to the mods or anyone who would listen. Why are there no art and creativity filters on the video list? Or anywhere on this site come to think of it. You have a filter for fleas but nothing for the arts, why? Is it a deliberate policy or did you simply forget?

I've noticed a tendency for you to show works that reference Richard's books in them, which is fine, we all have to make a buck but remember you ARE using these poor wretched souls you regard lower than a flea to promote yourself and make you look way cooler than you actually are. An arts filter wouldn't be much to ask I feel.

(oops it turned into a rant)

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:29:06 UTC | #947058

aquilacane's Avatar Comment 8 by aquilacane

What the hell is an arts filter? Is that something that shuts the artist's mouth and allows us to enjoy the visual work?

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:15:25 UTC | #947070

Sample's Avatar Comment 9 by Sample

I almost thought this was the trailer to the new James Bond flick coming out this year. :-j

Mike

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:36:29 UTC | #947118

Roedy's Avatar Comment 10 by Roedy

I have always looked on a religion as a group of people and what they do. Their god was just some silly game they played. From this point of view the only thing I could use to adjudicate a religion was how well its adherents behaved. I was unimpressed by everyone but the Buddhists. But even they are behaving badly of late.

The Christians would chastise me and say I should not judge Christianity by how Christians behaved, but by what the bible says about how they should behave. One Christian suggested that Christianity was designed for particularly wicked people, so you should expect Christians to behave worse than average.

I read the bible and discovered not only did their god behave worse than Hitler, their rules, if followed, were stark raving bonkers. I am sure very few Christians have ever read it in its entirety.

It is not that Christians are failing to live up to a high ideal. The teachings of the bible are downright evil. Christians are behaving as well as they do because they ignore the bible.

Nearly everyone who has threatened to kill me over my life was a Christian, and they were doing it ostensibly for religious motives -- feeling it was ok to threaten me because I was gay. They are crazy loons. They should be incarcerated.

[link to own website removed by moderator]

Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:22:41 UTC | #947267